Amended Complaint Be Aa F/as.

No one can deny that the whole process was a complete fiasco. I have to wonder if those people who kept saying that United got a better deal still believe that. Knowing what we know today I still think we are better off. The law is the law so let the chips fall where the fall, but I really doubt that we will see any major changes with the contract should the suit get very far.

L1011Ret said:
Sky, where does discovery stand at this point, documents and depositions?
[post="248992"][/post]​

Depositions have not started. I am anxious for them to begin. I think that is when the real fireworks will begin.

I would think that deposing would happen shortly.

Also, Miaami,
The biggest reason for bringing on legal action like we did was to make sure that such actions NEVER occur again. You may be right...who knows if we will see some changes to our work rules...but AMR, APFA and other corporations will think twice about blatant abuses to the work force.
It makes you wonder why decency doesn't prevail.

Thank you Sky, hopefully the new leadership at AA and APFA will be a bit more honest and straightforward with the employees than Carty, Ward and cronies.

L1011Ret said:
Thank you Sky, hopefully the new leadership at AA and APFA will be a bit more honest and straightforward with the employees than Carty, Ward and cronies.
[post="249277"][/post]​

Hopefully? Maybe we're all forgetting that some of the present administration and their cronies/minions were out there pushing for a YES vote, promoting a "vote yes or face the big bad monster called Bankruptcy". Can't place the blame entirely on the Ward administration alone. Patt Gibbs was shining in the spotlight and promoting a YES votes so loud you could hear her brag about her expertise on bankruptcy from LA to NYC. THB was promoting a YES vote. Other present adminitration and BOD memebers were out distributing Vote Yes flyers and handing them out, calling up FAs in their hotel rooms urging them to vote YES or change their vote to a YES.

How soon we forget this huh? The present Administration has as much blame on this fiasco as much as the Ward administration on cramming the RA down our throat.

Anyone is entitled to vote yes or no. Anyone is entitled to vote their conscience. The issue is not about voting Yes or No but about how the vote was not kept secret as they told you it would be, how APFA violated their constitution and how AA and APFA conspired to change the vote.

"Patt Gibbs was shining in the spotlight and promoting a YES votes so loud you could hear her brag about her expertise on bankruptcy from LA to NYC...
How soon we forget this huh? The present Administration has as much blame on this fiasco as much as the Ward administration on cramming the RA down our throat."

You are right in what you say. Patt Gibbs authored resolution 1a that ended in shortening the balloting time from 30 days to 15 days. This was the first violation of our constitution.

As for the rest of the THB team promoting a YES vote; it is true that the F/A's had the right to vote either yes or no. However, now that this group is in office, they have done nothing to right the voting violations that occured. It seems they were only interested in seeing justice done when their own election votes were not counted.

I think they are discovering they are in hot water!

Trying to hide any discovery needed to be discarded before being deposed!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

THB used a COMPANY board room to plead to the membership for a YES vote on the satallite VOTE YES campaign, Gibbs and all the others were frantically running around apfa head quaters telling the phone bank people they better push the yes vote!
The only difference at AApfa is Ward isn't there playing patty-cakes with the rest of the children.

The apfa is as guilty as the company. The AApfa is only a facade of a union. They are tooted by those who choose ignorance, are just plain dumb or maybe getting a little pat on the head and a trip removal.

The people milking the apfa of money have a good racket going on over there! It's like hitting payday on the Vegas strip everyday!

Until now never having their corruption contested.

The company is tickled PINK they have the AApfa in their pocket. They toss them
a bone and make them look good once in a while to the Guyana Punch Flight Attendants!

That wAAy they save money on Kool-AAide!

Guyana Punch uh-oh, uh-oh.
-The Judys, circa 1983-

This is what happens when Management refuses to manage, and allows the "unions" to decide how to save and run an airline.

Now it is going one step further with "self directed work teams" in Tulsa for the M&E work group.

The "unions" cannot even run the "unions" properly and now AA management is giving them the reins of the company.

Get another job and/or develop an exit strategy before the doors close.

Please, they aren't giving away control of anything............they may try to look like that, so that our union posers feel all warm and snuggly with the company.

Like they are real team players and have some "power"..............just like they were made to believe they were the ones who forced Carty to resign............that is it.

The only people running this company are the same people who ran it into the ground!

What exactly do you guys want? You #### about everything, its hard to even get an idea what you would be happy with.

Oneflyer said:
What exactly do you guys want? You #### about everything, its hard to even get an idea what you would be happy with.
[post="251370"][/post]​

Believe it or not, I agree with oneflyer on this. I have been at AA for about 15 years and it seems management is damned if they do or damned if they don't. Most of the time, people (union officers and union members), complain about how "management doesn't have a clue", or "they have never done our jobs" or "they never listen to us" and "they never seek out our input on how to the job better". It just seems like some people are not happy unless they are b1tching. Now that AA wants to implement some of these type of programs, it seems as people have done a 180 and are now saying, "it's their job to tell me how to do my job". What I do is simple. I inform the local management of my ideas on how to improve things or save money. If they implement it ..fine. If they don't.. fine. After all they are management and decisions that effect the operation are ultimately made by them.

Oneflyer said:
[post="251370"][/post]​

The right to vote on what organization and Constituion our Union is.

The right to vote on our labor agreements, without some company stooge signing off "without further ratification".

You see, when we have observers in negotiations, and when we VOTE on our future, then we cannot #### anymore, because we have nobody to blame but ourselves. There cannot be a sellout if we are witnessing the bargaining.

It is the company union dictators that plcae us in such a nice position to complain on a continuous basis.

We will fight and die to give that freedom to other abroad, and then our own Government and Corporations of the "free soil" of America, take away those rights on a regular basis.

But hey, we are apparently too stupid and cannot be trusted with the ability to make majority rule decisions. We must be saved from ourselves by sellout dictators and treason.

Wasn't there just recently a court ruling against AMFA and PFAA and for Northwest with regards to observers in negotiations?

Decision 2004 said:
The right to vote on what organization and Constituion our Union is.

The right to vote on our labor agreements, without some company stooge signing off "without further ratification".

You see, when we have observers in negotiations, and when we VOTE on our future, then we cannot #### anymore, because we have nobody to blame but ourselves. There cannot be a sellout if we are witnessing the bargaining.

It is the company union dictators that plcae us in such a nice position to complain on a continuous basis.

We will fight and die to give that freedom to other abroad, and then our own Government and Corporations of the "free soil" of America, take away those rights on a regular basis.

But hey, we are apparently too stupid and cannot be trusted with the ability to make majority rule decisions. We must be saved from ourselves by sellout dictators and treason.
[post="251377"][/post]​
In terms of the union stuff. The flight attendants have all the things you wish for, and are still not happy. The ones though you will see who complain and moan the loudest. Have done no union work, They have never run for office to enact the great changes for the greater good of the APFA and all humanity, as they would have you believe. They seem to spend all there time dreaming up new theories of mass cover ups and hidden agendas.