American eliminating jobs in Austin

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
story here

American Airlines Inc. is cutting 25 jobs in Austin effective April 3, according to a filing with the Texas Workforce Commission.

In a letter to the commission, the Fort Worth-based airline says it's laying off 11 part-time passenger service agents, five full-time fleet service clerks and nine part-time fleet service clerks at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

Is that where United is adding a mini-hub?!

I don't think so - you may be thinking of SAT, where UAX has established a fairly large presence for a nonhub city. Rumour has it the SAT RJs are to accomodate Toyota and other prominent SAT businesses. That, and the need to find destinations for greater numbers of RJs.

Anyone else notice that it's all part time agents, and nine PT to five FT with the clerks?

If they're going to Checkerboard, it would explain why the workload doesn't appear changing, yet the number of part timers required is going down.

Bears, if my instincts are correct, I don't think any station will be untouched, including the focus/gateway/hub cities.

In a letter to the commission, the Fort Worth-based airline says it's laying off 11 part-time passenger service agents, five full-time fleet service clerks and nine part-time fleet service clerks at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.

This wonderful new system the efficency experts (Who have never worked in any operational areas at the airline) have designed is scheduled to go into effect here on 01 April.Gate manning with 6 man crews..yay!<Not>

We've eliminated dedicated cabin service,so now you FA's flying through LGA are going to have the sweaty animals from the belly up cleaning your cabins.And passengers, your bag times are going to get even longer with the elimination of dedicated inbound bag runners.The guys that dump the belly are going to be taking the bags to the inbound belts, dumping them, then stopping in the outbound and grabbing the outbound bags.I'm personally excited about dumping 200+ MIA bags, then picking up another 200+ MIA bags and tossing them on the belt.

Spare me the song and dance about how "It works in STL", LGA isn't STL...one good line of thunder storms here or in the midwest and LGA is boned.

I'm also looking forward to going up into a cabin in May, dripping everywhere in my raingear and attempting to clean the entire aircraft in ten minutes.My raingear smells like a wet dog too. :p

"You want hangers? Market bags? Sorry, don't have them with me and don't have the time to go get them.Replace the galley rug? Sorry, not trained in rug replacement, nor do I have the time to find someone to do that.My crew chief says we have to get back down below to help load the outbound."

Management is truly ignorant.Keep telling yourselves that passengers value an ontime departure more than a clean cabin.You idiots in DFW don't hear what these people are saying as they are getting off the airplane, you aren't standing behind them in line at Dunkin Donuts here, embarassed to hear them complaining about the "Pig Sty" they flew on from Dallas.

I remember just a few short years ago how aircraft appearance was a big deal, now its a hassle.Sad really how this company is determined to step on it's own d!ck at every opportunity.

But it's alright, "We know why you fly" and we're "Working Together". :projectile vomit:

This wonderful new system the efficency experts (Who have never worked in any operational areas at the airline) have designed is scheduled to go into effect here on 01 April.Gate manning with 6 man crews..yay!<Not>

Guess you didn't know the efficiency expert leading this effort is a former GM of LGA, former MD ramp services and was also the tower manager from DFW. He wouldn't have aaaaaaaaany operational experience, right???

And those "thunder showers" at LGA are nothing. Come work in Texas where the real weather is.

I thought I remembered FM saying that performance in STL got measurably better after testing checkerboard. Better performance at less expense...works for me.

Guess you didn't know the efficiency expert leading this effort is a former GM of LGA, former MD ramp services and was also the tower manager from DFW. He wouldn't have aaaaaaaaany operational experience, right???

Who? Sullivan? He's thisclose to fizzing out,keep him. :rolleyes: And a former managing director ramp services?A tower manager?More people looking at numbers and in the case of the tower manager, looking out the window and deciding that two plus two will equal five.

This might work in STL, but it's going down in flames here.

And your sacred numbers will back that up.

I thought I remembered FM saying that performance in STL got measurably better after testing checkerboard. Better performance at less expense...works for me.

Yes, is working in STL. The bags get delivered, the planes get picked up, the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Each station will have to fine tune checkerboard to their own individual situations, it's not a cookie cutter. The checkerboard effect is no doubt having some effect on the stock price, imho. STL has always set the bar high.

Who? Sullivan? He's thisclose to fizzing out,keep him. :rolleyes: And a former managing director ramp services?A tower manager?More people looking at numbers and in the case of the tower manager, looking out the window and deciding that two plus two will equal five.
This might work in STL, but it's going down in flames here.

And your sacred numbers will back that up.

===========================================================

Well LGA, I KNOW you know what I;m about to say,but for those that don't, pay close attention !!

When in DOUBT.......(WORK) SAFTY FIRST !!!!!

NO runnung on the ramp
No driving unsafe equipt............"TAG IT" !!
NO "20" bags on the jetveyor, on inbound/outbounds

Again , WORK SAFELY !!

WHY, you might ask ?
BECAUSE if you go into the supervisors office to "Write up an ACCIDENT report", they will tell you, "YOUR WERE NOT WORKING SAFELY"

Checkerboard "MY A$$" !!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

ps,

Why do these "new things" ALWAYS WORK In stations like DFW-STL-BNA-IAH etc, But fail MISERABLY in stations like JFK-LGA-EWR-PHL-BOS ????????????

Someone Please, help me with this answer !!

The northeast is where the brain power is. People think for themselves and do not believe everything that the company tells them.

Back