American Expands Culinary Choices

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Yes, says American Airlines, which has recently been expanding the culinary options available to First and Business Class passengers as part of an array of product and service upgrades now offered to premium class customers.

Among the enhancements: All First and Business Class cabins will feature silverware and warm cloth towels. International and transcontinental flights will feature artisan breads, after-dinner gourmet chocolates, pre-landing sparkling water service, and individual salt and pepper shakers in both First and Business Class. On domestic, Mexico and Caribbean flights, after-dinner mints and baked on board cookies will be available during snack and light lunch service in both First and Business Class.

Fine dining adds to an already impressive menu of product and service enhancements offered by American, which also include an expanded global network, new Admirals Club lounges, and coming soon, American's Next- Generation Business Class, complete with lie-flat seats and a personal in- flight entertainment system.

Yes, says American Airlines, which has recently been expanding the culinary options available to First and Business Class passengers as part of an array of product and service upgrades now offered to premium class customers.

Among the enhancements: All First and Business Class cabins will feature silverware and warm cloth towels. International and transcontinental flights will feature artisan breads, after-dinner gourmet chocolates, pre-landing sparkling water service, and individual salt and pepper shakers in both First and Business Class. On domestic, Mexico and Caribbean flights, after-dinner mints and baked on board cookies will be available during snack and light lunch service in both First and Business Class.

Fine dining adds to an already impressive menu of product and service enhancements offered by American, which also include an expanded global network, new Admirals Club lounges, and coming soon, American's Next- Generation Business Class, complete with lie-flat seats and a personal in- flight entertainment system.

AA doesnt have real silverware - LOL - or hot towels? or cokies or chocolates???? WOW - UAL has already been doing all of that for a long time - i dont think they ever got rid of silverware etc. and they do kir royal and mimosas - close enough to sparkling water i guess ;)

AA doesnt have real silverware - LOL - or hot towels?
No silverware went after 911. Hot towels we used disposable. I am curious, what does USAir use? There FC or BC service, plastic disposable plates or china? Real silverware or plastic disposable? Drinks served in glass or disposable plastic?
or cokies or chocolates???? WOW - UAL has already been doing all of that for a long time

Always had coookies. In fact we were the first to have that scheduled on board. As for chocolates, they were added back. Prior ro that we had a basket of cookies, chips and other chocolate and salty treats to snack on mid flight.
- i dont think they ever got rid of silverware etc.
Tell you what find out and post what is true other than just what you heard 3rd hand from someone.
they do kir royal and mimosas - close enough to sparkling water i guess ;)
I dont think that is close to the same. But then maybe where you work it is. We serve Heidsieck Monopole Champagne or Pommery Brut Champagne. We do end the flight with a glass of sparkling water with a slice of orange or lemon.

I am curious, what does USAir use? There FC or BC service, plastic disposable plates or china? Real silverware or plastic disposable? Drinks served in glass or disposable plastic?

I am not sure what USAir uses, glass i believe - the last i checked... I guess it really doesnt matter since their stock is through the roof and they are making more money than anyone - bar SWA... However I do know About UAL - firsthand - not third party info as you do imply... I assure you we have been doing this the whole time even through BK... Sure sounds like you went through a BK, after what you are describing... :(

I am not sure what USAir uses, glass i believe - the last i checked...
America west used glass, usairways east still uses plastic.
I guess it really doesnt matter since their stock is through the roof and they are making more money than anyone - bar SWA...
Could almost be describing enron. When was the last full year usair made a profit? I wouldnt stake my savings on usair just yet.
However I do know About UAL - firsthand - not third party info as you do imply...
Hmmmm then why do you say "UAL has already been doing all of that for a long time - i dont think they ever got rid of silverware etc." doesnt sound like a I know first hand statement to me.
I assure you we have been doing this the whole time even through BK... Sure sounds like you went through a BK, after what you are describing... :(
No we didnt go insolvent, we managed to stay out of BK.

From the flights that I meet upon arrival, I can tell you that there isn't much interest in the seared scallops or the smoked duck. There is never many chocolates left though !!