American Airlines Updates Premium Class Menus for Transcontinental Flights

Paul

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
If you are what you eat, then prepare for changes in 2006, at least if you dine on American Airlines. For the first time since 1999, American has redesigned First and Business Class menus on transcontinental flights, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack service.

"With new and health-conscious choices, we're giving our premium class customers the products and services we know they appreciate and value," said Mary McKee, American's Managing Director - Inflight Products.

New transcontinental dinner entrees in First Class include beef fillet with (Japanese) miso demi-glace and cilantro potatoes, and salmon with sweet potatoes and haricot vert carrot medley. Business Class passengers can select from dinner entrees including tortellini with red roasted peppers; and beef fillet with madiera demi, augratin potatoes and asparagus. In addition to the ever-popular ice cream sundaes, grand marnier fruit has been added as a First Class dessert option, and seasonal fresh fruit as a Business Class dessert option.

PR Newswire

I am going over to Europe with my family in May, perhaps the new menu will be in effect by then. Yummy yummy in my tummy.