American positive for 2nd Qrtr

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put someone on ignore just click on your screen name at the very top of the screen (in the small window top left of screen) and follow the prompts, a very good feature for the forum.

Reactions: 1 person
hp-csr-phx said:
Wonder how long AS and DL will keep those margins when the fight for SEA heats up?
While I'm a fan of Alaska I think a battle in Seattle has far more consequences for Alaska than it does for Delta. Delta can lose money on SEA routes and more than make up for it in other places. Just yesterday someone I know who usually flys on Alaska mentioned he's flying Delta from Seattle to San Diego. I think he said it was just over $200 for round trip.

Bean

robbedagain said:
sorry to burst your bubbles there WT  I do clearly understand the facts  Its you that needs to "grasp" the fact you feel the need to interject NEGATIVE crap in every thread on all airlines except DL
Yes he does as I have stated before.  Just ignore him, it works very well...

Reactions: 3 people

While I'm a fan of Alaska I think a battle in Seattle has far more consequences for Alaska than it does for Delta. Delta can lose money on SEA routes and more than make up for it in other places. Just yesterday someone I know who usually flys on Alaska mentioned he's flying Delta from Seattle to San Diego. I think he said it was just over $200 for round trip.

Bean

Keep in mind that WN also started SEA-SAN; fares are very low from SEA-SFO, another market that DL has just atarted and in which UA added hundreds of additional seats per day.

Their one flight/day from various SLC markets will do nothing other than to provide more low-priced capacity in the hub of a competitor who has the capacity to keep customers loyal.

AS has the financial strength to survive this and it will be other competitors that are most hurt; still, AS will find that its recalcitrance in sticking to its policy of "swiss neutrality" might turn out to be one of the greatest strategic failures in the history of American aviation. SEA is clearly going to accommodate DL's growth in order to become the 2nd largest transpacific hub by a US carrier - and given that DL and UA are offering similar numbers of flights across to Asia, it isn't a huge stretch to think that several more years of aggressive growth at SEA could reverse the position of SEA and SLC as US carrier TPAC hubs.

given that either hub must have significant domestic feed, the implications for other carriers on the west coast are significant.

AS will be impacted

Status
Not open for further replies.