American Seeks to Halt Worker Pay Raises

After all, we are into this for shared sacrifice, right?

I can't recall seeing any type of "sharing" going on, can you? :huh:

In fact, it has been pretty one-sided on the part of labor. What was done, was done at the last possible moment, Carty was offered up as the sacrificial lamb to give labor something to feel victorious about (even though he walked away with very full pockets, including access to the very golden parachute he was hiding from the unions while they voted) and, oh sure some low level managers got their walking papers but all in all, it has been labor bearing the burdons from the start.

AA said, "just for five years" and the unions signed on the line with nothing put into those new contracts that would tell everyone what to expect after five years was over. That was their biggest mistake.

Arpey needs 12-18 months back on the ramp. I truly think that would help to clear his head.

Not to add way too much to the thread topic, but if AMR was so hell bent on outsourcing their HR services to IBM/Mercer; why is it that everyone was shown the door except the VP of HR? The Veeps always seem to keep their jobs! So, what exactly does Brundage do now that Mercer is in full control, and is moving HR services to the Philippines? He absolutely must be dead weight and a salary and benefits drag on the bottom line. If he's just a liazon now, then he should receive a massive reduction in salary and benefits, similar to what labor was fleeced of in 2003 - same percentage anyway.

Per StrAAight and FAMikey - it will be smooth sailing <_< :rolleyes:

Certainly smoother sailing than at UA which, the next time the company comes to the unions for "sacrifice," has NO pension; pay rates amongst the lowest of ANY US legacy carrier; and a big "For Sale" sign on the front door.

Just wait. :rolleyes:

Certainly smoother sailing than at UA which, the next time the company comes to the unions for "sacrifice," has NO pension; pay rates amongst the lowest of ANY US legacy carrier; and a big "For Sale" sign on the front door.
Just wait. :rolleyes:

Regardless, this 'freight train' is headed your way as well. Either in continous union concessions or by Da'Judje.
You are not imune to this infection.
B) UT

Regardless, this 'freight train' is headed your way as well. Either in continous union concessions or by Da'Judje.
You are not imune to this infection.
B) UT

Nobody is immune to it, especially as long as corporations are allowed to use it as a threat over workers' heads.

The UA flight attendants are going to get another haircut, though. One way or another! :up:

Nobody is immune to it, especially as long as corporations are allowed to use it as a threat over workers' heads.

The UA flight attendants are going to get another haircut, though. One way or another! :up:
<_< ----- Our-pay and Company screwed up big time, when they got greedy and took their bonus, and continue to! If they would have shared the wealth, they may have pulled off a Contract extension. Instead they have a full fledged rebellion on their hands by all three of their Unions! Either they have their heads up and locked, or they are so arrogant at they feel they can come out of this unscathed? My point is, this all could have been avoided if Management hadn't been quit so greedy! I say, as of now, that there is more than a 50/50 chance that one, or more, of the Unions will Strike!!! :shock:

Care to show me where I said that. Or is this more of the same, where you make things up in your head and post as if it happened in the real world.

It cannot help itself. Its bitterness is rooted in the knowledge that UA flight attendants have no choice but to live with the substantial concessions, and the new lows they have set, for years to come. Ironically, I am sure that when the UA f/as begin their quest for improvements through bargaining, assuming UA is still around in its present form, and not chopped up into pieces, and assuming that donttouch is even still employed and NOT back at USAirways Express, these same doom-mongers are going to be beating their chests, screaming how they are entitled to raises.

They want to see us fail because they have already failed. If we fail, they will fail again, and will fail worse. Those armchair "experts" don't, in fact, see the big picture, because if they did, they would realize this truism.

UA-AFA began the industry slide to the bottom with the last contract of the late 90's. While we overcame the obstacles in our path with our 2001 agreement, even though by the time we were in the final stages of negotiation, there was an anti-labor Republican in the White House, the AFA negotiated an inferior contract several years before with a pro-labor President in the Oval Office.

UA is a major reason we will have a more difficult time at the table. Their low pay rates will be shoved into our faces, and, of course, the threats of BK and downsizing won't be far behind.

THEY set the lows for which we could all end up paying. But, if they truly were concerned about raising the industry standard, they would support our efforts. They, in turn, would benefit if/when we gain improvements which they, no doubt, would try to meet or exceed whenever they re-enter negotiations.

If we fall, they will fall further because in this industry, nobody negotiates in a vaccuum. But they simply cannot help themselves. I guess misery does love company, and they are truly miserable.

It cannot help itself. Its bitterness is rooted in the knowledge that UA flight attendants have no choice but to live with the substantial concessions, and the new lows they have set, for years to come. Ironically, I am sure that when the UA f/as begin their quest for improvements through bargaining, assuming UA is still around in its present form, and not chopped up into pieces, and assuming that donttouch is even still employed and NOT back at USAirways Express, these same doom-mongers are going to be beating their chests, screaming how they are entitled to raises.

They want to see us fail because they have already failed. If we fail, they will fail again, and will fail worse. Those armchair "experts" don't, in fact, see the big picture, because if they did, they would realize this truism.

UA-AFA began the industry slide to the bottom with the last contract of the late 90's. While we overcame the obstacles in our path with our 2001 agreement, even though by the time we were in the final stages of negotiation, there was an anti-labor Republican in the White House, the AFA negotiated an inferior contract several years before with a pro-labor President in the Oval Office.

UA is a major reason we will have a more difficult time at the table. Their low pay rates will be shoved into our faces, and, of course, the threats of BK and downsizing won't be far behind.

THEY set the lows for which we could all end up paying. But, if they truly were concerned about raising the industry standard, they would support our efforts. They, in turn, would benefit if/when we gain improvements which they, no doubt, would try to meet or exceed whenever they re-enter negotiations.

If we fall, they will fall further because in this industry, nobody negotiates in a vaccuum. But they simply cannot help themselves. I guess misery does love company, and they are truly miserable.

I just wonder how long it takes you to convince yourself of all of this?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Truly laughable THB!!!

Love your 'gleeful' tone.
Get ready to do the 'BendOver'. :lol:

Back