American Offers Pay for Performance

I wonder if the pay for performance would be creditable for retirement calculation. This could be an opportunity for the company to cut their retirement payouts if the pay for performance is not entered into the formula.

I wonder if the pay for performance would be creditable for retirement calculation. This could be an opportunity for the company to cut their retirement payouts if the pay for performance is not entered into the formula.
Not per the current contract and the 2080 hours max per year.

I wonder if they would like to make that offer retroactive - back to the same dates they used to calculate their multi-million dollar bonuses?

My answer would be no unless a private company can be hired to manage the books. These executives can't be trusted and anyone who thinks they can, deserves what they don't get.

Another Tulsa only compensation package. :eek:
Tulsa has the bigger money making third party contracts. :up:
The line stations have squat. :angry: Think this one will pass?
You can bet your next 50 paychecks. :censored: :shock: :rant:

Here we go again!

They assemble the Negotiating committee for months and then The TWU Int'l and the company come out with a plan of their own for the negotitaing committee to look at.
It is amazing how fast the TWU can get things moving when they want sometihng addressed, but when we voice what we want, it comes to a crawl!
Who owns the contract?
Who is negotiating directly with the company right now?

The negotiating sheep will be round up and be lead to their future fate

This idea sux.. This is about the company trying to quiet the workers when the executives get their payouts...The only problem is that theirs far exceed ours....To put this into perspective, each mechanic received 446 shares. Take that number based on todays value and even at the high of$39-40, we just about got back one years' concessions where as the executives got their pay cuts back via PUPS and then some.. We are still $100,000 in the hole... ARE THE EXECS AS BAD OFF AS US?

Now, onto the performance based compensation...This is a worse idea because it probably be based by station. So the TUL and AFW bases will receive the most because of the contract work there.. What about stations that do NO contract maintenance? NO COMPENSATION FOR THEM?

This plan is just another way to get everyone into thinking they are receiving a pay raise when in reality, they are not. Perfomance pay, profit sharing, bonus, call it what you want. It's just another way to get the union to agree to pay you less.

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Union negotiators are studying a proposal from American Airlines that would link pay raises for mechanics and other ground workers to company performance.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070918/american_ai...labor.html?.v=2

With the ATA (you know, the airline [mis]management's union, in effect) predicting lower profits for its member organizations, even considering this "offer" is ludicrous. Arpey is more than happy to present this tripe as they know full well profits will not be there, having the effect of again denying any compensation increase, the difference being they hope we'll vote for it (if the committee, then, they're off the hook; i. e., not the bad guys.

I fail to understand how it will take 2 weeks to read what the company would like us to buy into - is the twu "leadership" really that inept in their reading skills, or does the delay aid, in some way, the sale of this nonsense?

Nothing short of full restoration of the pre-concession contract is acceptable to me.

I fail to understand how it will take 2 weeks to read what the company would like us to buy into - is the twu "leadership" really that inept in their reading skills, or does the delay aid, in some way, the sale of this nonsense?
It took five minutes to read, one good dinner compliments of AA to agree to it, and the rest of the time is spent trying to spin it in order to sell it. :down:

It took five minutes to read, one good dinner compliments of AA to agree to it, and the rest of the time is spent trying to spin it in order to sell it. :down:

If it took you 5 minutes to read, you must have read it ten times or more out of sheer disbelief.

If something like this were to occur in Iraq, the military would call it "Providing Aid and Comfort to the Enemy".

This thread should be retitled, "List the reasons why we chose not to participate in variable comp in 2003."