AMFA Mechs Sick Together

[quo[/b]te name='PlayTheOdds' date='Jun 11 2006, 10:08 PM' post='387903']
Just a quick question for you guys. If this work ends up overseas how much of a victory is that going to be?
[/quote]

It would really be kind of stupid to send Scab Air PW2000 engines overseas since the manufacturer is in the United States.
PlaytheCods, nobody would ever accuse you of being the sharpest scab in the scabbing business. :lol: :blink: :lol:

It would really be kind of stupid to send Scab Air PW2000 engines overseas since the manufacturer is in the United States.
PlaytheCods, nobody would ever accuse you of being the sharpest scab in the scabbing business. :lol: :blink: :lol:
:lol: Really? Does that have anything to do with it? Isn't Boeing here in the United States? I think it is. Where is NWA sending its 747's for their checks? I guess its really stupid to work on an Airbus here in the United States when the damn thing is built in France. :blink:

Not to call you a moron :rolleyes: or anything, but these are two different airlines. With UAL management attempting to become an MRO, they have to forced to honor AMFA's Scab Air strike. :blink:
If the IAM represented the mechanics at UAL then those same mechanics would do the work. If there wasn’t a union at UAL they would also still do the work. The only reason that work is not being done is because AMFA is on the property. You know it as well as I. Now if that was a non-union shop or another union was on the property and refused the work then I would be impressed. I just don't see the excitement when a union supports its own strike.

Now if the mechanics at MAE refused to work on NWA's 9's I would be really impressed. Every time I fly on a 9 I think this damn thing could have very well just come from MAE. Now that is a scary thought.

:lol: Really? Does that have anything to do with it? Isn't Boeing here in the United States? I think it is. Where is NWA sending its 747's for their checks? I guess its really stupid to work on an Airbus here in the United States when the damn thing is built in France. :blink:
Engine build/repair is a completely different animal SUPERscab. Almost anyone can do airframe work. Since engines are very expensive and technical, you must have climate controled environment to build them. This also requires mucho specialized equipment and machine shop, along with expert engine mechanics. Also there must be a test cell to run them, the costs become astronomical for airlines to do this. This is why many airlines with RR Trent powered B777's and RR RB 211 powered 757's (AA does all UAL, Delta, US Airways RR engines) send their engines to AA, or TAESL (Texas Aero Engine Sevices Limited, partnership between AA and Rolls Royce at AFW).

The are very few commercial airline turbine engine overhaul facilities besides the manufacturer. Turn times and cost become a major factor if you have to ship engines overseas. Which is why TAESL is the largest Rolls Royce repair station in the world, bigger than Rolls Royce England the manufacturer.

'Cods, it seems you will be forever stuck in the arm pit MRO mentality.....which is where you belong. :blink: :blink: :blink:

If the IAM represented the mechanics at UAL then those same mechanics would do the work. If there wasn’t a union at UAL they would also still do the work. The only reason that work is not being done is because AMFA is on the property. You know it as well as I. Now if that was a non-union shop or another union was on the property and refused the work then I would be impressed. I just don't see the excitement when a union supports its own strike.

Now if the mechanics at MAE refused to work on NWA's 9's I would be really impressed. Every time I fly on a 9 I think this damn thing could have very well just come from MAE. Now that is a scary thought.
No one is trying to impress you 'Cods, your a lowlife scab. Really, its the last thing anyone here cares about. You can throw around "what if's" all day long 'Cods. The point is a different airline was asked to perform struck work for Scab Air, and they have been refused. You cry about solidarity, yet you refuse to acknowlege this event what-so-ever as such, but thats typical of your kind. Also it would be up to the membership if UAL mechanics were still IAM, since they would be the ones labeled as scabs. I really don't think it would have happened. However, it really matters not.

Yes, flying any Scab Air junk is scary, glad you finally admitted the truth. :p

Not to burst you guys' bubble but no it is not. You guys are absolutely thrilled that AMFA is supporting its own strike!! :lol: :lol: Now had this been the IAM I could see the excitement.
Well atleast AMFA does'nt just print some worthless feel good slogan on a t-shirt with no intention of ever doing what it says. You come here and bash unions and give your uneducated advice on how unions need to be torn down and rebuilt from the foundation, why don't you go read AMFA'S constitution and get a dose of reality. Your a total imbecile who is not worthy of union representation, you deserve the life of a lowly SCAB drifter, Now go swim in it!

Point in fact:

The "No struck work" clause was in the mechanics agreement before AMFA came on board at UAL. :up:

Forgive me for replying to my own post but after reading it in line with the thread I thought I should clarify my intent.

I meant to point out that if UAL were still IAM, they would indeed be in the proverbial "HOT SEAT" if with that language present in the mechanics agreement, the IAM chose to do NWA work anyway.