Summer Timetable...new Services

MAH4546 said:
I found out just yesterday that MIA-CMH might become just like MIA-IND: one daily 738 and one daily ERD. The flight does very well.

Also, these are this is the current domestic expansion being looked at from Miami

ERJs:
Austin, San Antonio, Toledo, Birmingham, Greer, Knoxville, Mobile, Savannah, Pensacola, Lexington, Huntsville

CR7s:
Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Ottawa, Milwaukee

738s:
San Diego, Kansas City, Aguadilla (PR), Providence

757s:
Phoenix, Seattle

Miami-Birmingham is supposedly a go, we should see it in October or November, along with at least one or two of the ERJ cities. The CR7 cities won't happen for a while, because AEagle does not have enough CR7s. So that is long-term planning. Of the mainline expansion, Phoenix and Kansas City are looking quite likely for this winter as of now, the rest so-so. I've been hearing more and more of Aguadilla, though, they really want to get in there because of jetBlue, though from Miami, not NYC.
[post="273897"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MAH4546,

MIA-PVD ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!

I WON'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND,

If I REALLY want to halucinate Mark, I can close my eyes and "imagine"
MHT to DFW(x2), and MHT-MIA(x2).............."MAINLINE"

NH/BB's

lpbrian said:
Not sure about Seattle. Without NRT, I'm not sure it would work. Besides I think AS flies the route with a codeshare
[post="273935"][/post]​

There would be no trouble filling a daily 738 or 757. Huge market. There are 551 people flying between Miami and Seattle daily. Alaska's daily 737 service could surely be complimented.

Is there any truth that we are looking at Brussels-Madras, India? This is floating around JFK as is we are looking into doing what CO is doing; taking our 757s and taking them to the capitals of europe. I am hearing that AA wants to figure out how to add more fuel to the 757s to do this. Anyone else hear this?

According to people who attended the Purser Business Meeting, research is doing a study on using more 757s to Europe. Most likely this service would be out of the NE.

MAH4546 said:
I found out just yesterday that MIA-CMH might become just like MIA-IND: one daily 738 and one daily ERD. The flight does very well.

Also, these are this is the current domestic expansion being looked at from Miami

ERJs:
Austin, San Antonio, Toledo, Birmingham, Greer, Knoxville, Mobile, Savannah, Pensacola, Lexington, Huntsville

CR7s:
Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Ottawa, Milwaukee

738s:
San Diego, Kansas City, Aguadilla (PR), Providence

757s:
Phoenix, Seattle

Miami-Birmingham is supposedly a go, we should see it in October or November, along with at least one or two of the ERJ cities. The CR7 cities won't happen for a while, because AEagle does not have enough CR7s. So that is long-term planning. Of the mainline expansion, Phoenix and Kansas City are looking quite likely for this winter as of now, the rest so-so. I've been hearing more and more of Aguadilla, though, they really want to get in there because of jetBlue, though from Miami, not NYC.
[post="273897"][/post]​

MAH4546 Where? is GREER?

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MAH4546,

MIA-PVD ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!
[post="273937"][/post]​

I know, I know...they have been talking about this route for such a long time with nothing to come of it. However, with Spirit proving how popular it can be, it is looking more realistic.

Re: Brussels-India

I have heard that this is being looked at, along with Miami-Brussels. Though I have heard nothing as to which Indian city the flight would be too. Madras/Chennai would be interesting, since it was actually the only Indian route that the old Sabena flew.

Re: 757

AA is indeed looking at expanding 757 flying in two areas. From Boston/New York City to Europe (Germany and the UK) and from Miami to Brazil. The first one is progressing smoothly, the second one is on the backburner because the US-Brazil bilatteral does not allow any more flights between the US and Brazil by a US carrier, since the frequency allotment is maxed out. They need a new bilatteral written out before this expansion happens.

In Europe, they are looking at Glasgow, Bristol, Berlin, and Dusseldorf, among others.

In Brazil, they are looking at Manaus, Recife, Fortaleza, Brasilia, Natal, and Belem. Manaus would be daily, the rest 3-4x a week, and they would love to fly to all six of them.

Re: Greer

It is in the interior tip of South Carolina, GSP. Also known as Greenville or Spartanburg.

KMOB said:
Does service from PNS to MIA cut the possibility of a MOB-MIA, MAH?
[post="274201"][/post]​

Not nessicarily, but PNS-MIA is much closer to happening than MOB-MIA. MOB-ORD will likely happen before MIA-MOB does.

MAH4546 said:
Not nessicarily, but PNS-MIA is much closer to happening than MOB-MIA. MOB-ORD will likely happen before MIA-MOB does.
[post="274212"][/post]​

Really? Why so? I read somewhere (I think the paper) that Miami would happen before O'Hare.

DFWCC said:
MAH4546, You seem to have an iside. Heard an inkling about AE ORD to ERI. Have you or any of your contacts heard of this.
[post="274286"][/post]​

I mainly just hear about Miami happenings, but I'll see what I can find out. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

Also, re: MOB expansion. I don't know what the media has reported, but there is more market potential opening up O'Hare. We'll see what happens. My personal opinion is that MOB-ORD would work out better. MIA-MOB isn't a huge market (about 30 passengers per day; CHI-ORD is small too, though, with 40), but then again, there is a lot of spillover traffic that goes to nearby airports with better service, PNS, so that isn't the best judge of true market potential. MIA-PNS would happen before MIA-MOB, though.

Does anyone have any further information about the rumour of a new route between Miami and Europe? Somebody posted that Miami was to receive a new destination to Europe, but I do not know if there was ever an official announcement or any follow-up on this information.

Thanks,
Art Tang
IMA

Has anyone heard how the cost projections for outfitting the 757's with extra fuel tank went? AT purser conferences this year they announced that there MAY be a huge increase in European flying out of JFK on 75's. Cities thrown out were Nice, Lyon ,Frankfurt, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Amsterdam etc...
Does anyone know anything firm on this or at least semi-firm, okay I will settle for jiggly.

Latest posts