Amr Reports Second Quarter $58m Net Profit

Imagolfer said:
This is great news!!

Can't wait until this thread turns against management.

Thumbs up to Arpey!
[post="282813"][/post]​

THUMBS UP TO ARPEY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HOW ABOUT A THUMBS UP TO THE EMPLOYEES WHO TOOK IT IN THE SHORTS WITH PAYCUTS. LOSS OF VACATION, LOSS OF SICK TIME, 1ST 2 DAYS OF SICK TIME AT 50% FOR MECHANICS, LOSS OF HOLIDAY PAY, LOSS OF 5 HOLIDAYS, 10 DAYS IOD PAY..........................NEED I CONTINUE?

THUMBS UP TO ARPEY ALL RIGHT....RIGH UP OUR A$$ES!

I'm convinced that some of you people have never been happy, nor ever will.

If we turn a profit, you either complain about it being off the backs of the workers or scoff at the number due to the fuel hedge issue.

If we would of had another losing quarter, you would have called for Arpey's head saying he doesn't know his head from his a_s_s, and thrown some gas on the more concessions fire.

Noone can win in your eyes.

I'm glad we turned a profit last quarter. Hopefully the 3rd quarter will be even better.

Have fun at your pity party, but watch out, as soon as you run out of beer everyone will start complaining. (That is your best trait, ya know.)

Even as a non-Kool-Aid drinker, I too have to applaud our company (including management). It certainly is nice, for a change, to pick up a paper and read some good news about our company.

One of the previous posters hit the nail on the head. Some people just do not want to be happy. Period.

Checking it Out said:
Ditto!
[post="282984"][/post]​

ATTABOY !!!!!!

Let's see.

Favors Corporate Welfare on the backs of taxpayers. Vision 2025

Favors Industry Leading Concessions without member ratification.

Favors Extending underfunded pension funds for 25 years.

Favors building union halls without membership approval.

Favors lower pay and benefits to employ more workers.

By Golly CIO, you should apply for management! Oh yeah, that's right you favor the union officers managing the company.
B)

Tell us that good ol'e blast from the past story about 12,000 jobs and three maintenance bases being saved by the Industry Leading Concessions.

Those calculating what we might have made with 2004 fuel prices are totally ignorant of the impact that fuel had on other carriers.

I forget which analyst it was, but the problem with making comparisons ex-fuel is that had fuel prices not been what they were, UA and DL might not have reduced capacity, US Airways might not be in such dire straights, and there have been far less of an incentive for fare hikes.

For all those complaining about what it took to get where we are, it could be far worse -- we could be in the same situation that Northwest is in.... would you prefer that?

Former ModerAAtor said:
Those calculating what we might have made with 2004 fuel prices are totally ignorant of the impact that fuel had on other carriers.
[post="283001"][/post]​

SO it is OK to predict what the impact of fuel might be in the future, but there is no way to calculate the impact of fuel was in the past?

Hmmm, can I borrow your crystal ball?

It appears much easier to calculate what has already past, than that which is to come in the future.

You guys have more excuses and lame brain what if's that there is ignorance on the planet.

It appears much easier to calculate what has already past, than that which is to come in the future.

You're absolutely right -- it is far easier to be a Monday morning quarterback and criticize how the someone else could have done their job better than it is to actually do the job.

No one is complaining that AA made a profit!

JUST STOP GIVING ARPEY AND CO. MORE CREDIT THAN THEY DESERVE.

YOU DO REMEMBER GERARD WAS ONE OF THE SPECIAL FEW TO GET THE "SERPS" WHILE DON WAS THREATENING BANKRUPTCY UNLESS MASSIVE CONCESSIONS WERE GIVEN!

THIS PROFIT IS BECAUSE OF THE SACRIFICE OF EMPLOYEES!
BOTH THOSE WHO LOST THEIR JOBS AND THOSE WHO KEPT THEIR JOBS FOR ALOT LESS.

DO YOU REALLY NEED AN M.B.A. TO RUN A COMPANY WHEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THREATEN EMPLOYEES WITH THEIR JOBS BY DEMANDING CONCESSIONS?

I may have a hunch as to why there is some who just refuse to be happy about anything. They may have sold off their stock options on the "cheap", and now the stock is going "up/up/up :up: " and they are a little pissed :p

High Speed Steel said:
I may have a hunch as to why there is some who just refuse to be happy about anything. They may have sold off their stock options on the "cheap", and now the stock is going "up/up/up :up: "  and they are a little pissed :p
[post="283028"][/post]​

Who gives a damn about a measley 450 shares, when you gave up 50 years of negotiated pay and benefits?

Some are so shallow minded they believe they really have something with those shares.

Me, give me back my time off and less time working with mindless fools who call themselves the best workers in the world.

So let's see, a guy sold 200 shares for $10 and now it is $14.

So you really believe someone is upset about that $800 difference? What about 17.5% paycut to get that $800 to begin with? Dude you gave up that $800 every six weeks! Get your damn calcuator out, and do some figuring, will ya?

I bet you're one of those that bitches like hell when the Imperial Canteen machine raises the price of a bag of chips 10 cents, but you will let your union leadership strip you of paid time, wages, and insurance benefits and call them a hero.

You must have been educated by Tulsa Public School system.

Remember "Will Strike if Provoked"..."Strike Force, Dead Serious"..."Dont lower wages, oppose right-to-work"..."An Injustice to One, Is an Injustice to All"... "Proud to be Union"..."United we Bargain, Divided We Beg"..."on and on and on....

Slogan after Slogan, Ingorance after Ignorance, Blind Follower after Blind Follower.

Yeah, thats it, I sold my stock to cheap and it's someone else's fault. You got it right there Mr. Rocket Science Major.

High Speed Steel said:
I may have a hunch as to why there is some who just refuse to be happy about anything. They may have sold off their stock options on the "cheap", and now the stock is going "up/up/up :up: " and they are a little pissed :p
[post="283028"][/post]​

No I'm not "buying" my options till the stock hits about $300 a share so I can break even on the concessions. :shock: :shock: