Amr Reports Second Quarter $58m Net Profit

High Speed Steel said:
I may have a hunch as to why there is some who just refuse to be happy about anything. They may have sold off their stock options on the "cheap", and now the stock is going "up/up/up :up: " and they are a little pissed :p
[post="283028"][/post]​

It would appear that you have a funny view of up up up?

AMR closed at $14.12 and then fell another .05 after hours.

Buck said:
It would appear that you have a funny view of up up up?

AMR closed at $14.12 and then fell another .05 after hours.
[post="283177"][/post]​

Hey "Day trader",

How many shares do you have left?

AMR Corporation Reports a Second Quarter Profit of $58 Million

Gee, only another $442,000,000 and they will start putting something into the profit sharing fund!

Lets say AA makes $500,000,0000 more in profits for this year. So they make $558,000,000 in profits for the year. It would be one of AAs best years EVER. The first $500,000,000 is not counted. So only 10% of the remaining $58 million would go to Profit Sharing. So $5.8 million would go into the fund to be distributed to 85000 employees. That comes to a grand total of $68 per employee, and in order to get that $68 all they had to do was give up 25% of their compensation!!!!!

Bet y'all missed that DL's CASM came in lower than AA's (or anybody else's that has reported for that matter). AA-10.03, DL 9.65. Almost makes you wished they'd stayed around DFW.... Nah, let WN have some fun.

see more commentary on the DL and NW boards.

High Speed Steel said:
Hey "Day trader",

How many shares do you have left?
[post="283185"][/post]​

I do not have any shares. I have options and I have all 446 left. If you look only at this as a stock deal and not related to concessions, had AMR paid for the fees and taxes, it may have been a good deal.

When the trade is right, the only thing I am going to do is pay principle on my mortgage or reinvest into something that has potentional for growth.

And I am not a "Day Trader"

WorldTraveler said:
Bet y'all missed that DL's CASM came in lower than AA's (or anybody else's that has reported for that matter). AA-10.03, DL 9.65. Almost makes you wished they'd stayed around DFW.... Nah, let WN have some fun.
[post="283252"][/post]​

Comparing DL's CASM against AA's is useless unless you've done a stage length adjustment. Give me a week or two for the rest of the earnings announcements, and you'll see how the costs really compare.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Comparing DL's CASM against AA's is useless unless you've done a stage length adjustment. Give me a week or two for the rest of the earnings announcements, and you'll see how the costs really compare.
[post="283288"][/post]​

Not only that, but who cares what the nominal costs are as long as revenue exceeds them?

AA will never have a CASM as low as WN or B6 or FL or several others, but that doesn't matter one bit as long as RASM is bigger than CASM.

As long as customers pay it (and then some), who cares what the CASM is?

obviously, revenue has to exceed costs for any company to be sustainable. AA's costs, however, do have to be comparable to its peers and DL is one of its peers. Although DL has a much higher percentage of LCC exposure (and AA will face alot more as soon as the DFW/DAL issue is resolved which it will be), DL directly competes with AA in a number of key markets including most of the transcons and most NYC markets as well to Europe and Latin America.

and by the way, DL's stage length is less than AA's so DL's costs should actually be higher yet they are in fact lower. So, if you throw in stage length adjustments, AA's costs look even worse than DL's.

Latest posts