AMT Teamsters Drive

AMFAMAN

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
FURPVILLE
I got an e-mail about some old twu faithful passing out Teamsters cards at AFW but didn't believe it until the cards showed up at DFW over the weekend. Looks like a couple hundred cards were signed here with ease. I have no interest in being represented by the Teamsters and didn't think they would take us, but those passing out the cards claim they have been given the okay from the higher levels of the Teamsters. So expect to see Teamsters cards at a station near you.

Here is the link that came with the e-mail and address:

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/Airline/pdfs/orgcard.pdf

Teamsters Airline Division
6242 Westchester Parkway, Suite 250
Los Angeles, CA 90045-9914

I got an e-mail about some old twu faithful passing out Teamsters cards at AFW but didn't believe it until the cards showed up at DFW over the weekend. Looks like a couple hundred cards were signed here with ease. I have no interest in being represented by the Teamsters and didn't think they would take us, but those passing out the cards claim they have been given the okay from the higher levels of the Teamsters. So expect to see Teamsters cards at a station near you.

Here is the link that came with the e-mail and address:

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/Airline/pdfs/orgcard.pdf

Teamsters Airline Division
6242 Westchester Parkway, Suite 250
Los Angeles, CA 90045-9914
Apparently that is the case. I have seen a few Teamster cards floating around recently, but I haven't been handed one yet. I am surprised that the twu bubbas are actually getting out from under the twu rock. Maybe the huge management bonuses the twu International endorses are starting to have an affect on the them? The Teamsters have pulled out of the afl-cio, so no one can say its a raid.

I guess I might have to sign one.

If we can get a contract like UPS I am all for it
:up:
This will never happen. The TWU membership is weak and easily intimidated by threats of layoffs, bankruptcy, cutbacks and loss of benefits. We as members of this concessionary union have already shown that we can be intimidated as a group. Many individuals will fight and stand up for what is right and fair but their are too many sheep in the house.

This will never happen. The TWU membership is weak and easily intimidated by threats of layoffs, bankruptcy, cutbacks and loss of benefits. We as members of this concessionary union have already shown that we can be intimidated as a group. Many individuals will fight and stand up for what is right and fair but their are too many sheep in the house.

You are absolutely correct, just take a walk thru the M&E parking lot during days/afternoon shift and you will be amazed at all the Big Turbo Diesal Trucks, It must be a status symbol among Necks, because very few are equipped with a fith wheel. This is a common sight 2006 Ford F-350 SD Lariat Crew Cab King Ranch SB 4x4
2006 F-350 Crew Cab Lariat King Ranch Ed Powerstroke! Retail Price $50,400

Some park out on the north forty with their Big Bass Rigs or the Occassional Fun & Ski. These guys are so deep in debt they will never leave their company owned union.

Very well said, and so true. It's a shame.

Name: EXNWA
Email:
Employer:
Station:
Date: Wednesday August 23, 2006
Time: 02:33:49 PM

Comments
WOW, this is the way you respond...that no "AMFA Technician" wanted airstarts or deicing. We negotiated them back in our contract. They were given up under the IAM. (Which by the way goes against what communism is all about...ops sorry I mean the IAM) Didn't they teach you that in IAM school, to keep every job. I do understand that you might have responded right after you took a puff from your crack pipe, so please if you respond just wait about an hour after you take a hit of crack. P.S. not sure if we did lose any jobs in the early 90's. But we sure did take a hell of a paycut in a time when the airlines where making record profits and I am sure that if we were all willing to work for much less (like $15 per hr) we could have 15,000 techs at NWA. This might have been what the IAM would have done, more people less money.

Folks, read this guys post and remember it. This is how an AMFANUT thinks, and at first glance some people could be misled by this guy who drank too much AMFA Kool Aid. Excuse me for a moment while I correct him.

First off, you didn't negotiate those jobs back into your contract! You negotiated them away from the IAM so you could FARM those jobs out in a contract that provided for 100% Farm Outs! ( I know it said only 38% but that was without a penalty, in reality 100% was allowed to be Farmed out as long as NWA paid Delle Femine a penalty fee). Like JAFO said before, some people have grey matter and some don't, not everything in the world is black and white as the simpletons like yourself see it.

Secondly your comments about taking a "pay cut when airlines were making record profits" is a stunning admission of your ignorance. NWA was NOT making money when you took a pay cut! They were on the verge of bankruptcy because of a leveraged buy out. They made profits after the Unions agreed to concessions and then, the bankers refinanced their loans because they had a viable business plan. So had the unions not taken the steps they did and negotiate three years of concessions you would have lost your job back in 1993 and be in the mess you're in now with AMFA! Now I ask you, which scenario has been worse for you? Did you prefer keeping your job or would you have rather lost it in 1993? Know this my friend, you didn't have to lose your job at all, but when you choose AMFA that's the choice you made and the IAM and this website warned you of that!

To our readers, I don't know how much longer we can continue to explain this to these people. Personally, I'm really growing tired of it and I know that some of the other volunteer amfanators are as well. I think in the near future I'm going to have to let the rest of you explain this. These amfanuts just continue year after year to spew these lies in hopes that we'll just give up explaining the truth and then they'll be able to have their way with the ignorant and uninvolved and foster more of their backwards thinking amfanut mentality. Right now though, I need a break. Please bail me out. Thanks.

What does an amfanuts posting have to do with the fact that hundreds of Teamsters cards are being signed?

Sounds like it is time to collect donations and do a mail out with a Teamsters Authorization Card using that "breach of security" mailing list!

Where can I get a card?

Where can I send a donation?

Sounds like it is time to collect donations and do a mail out with a Teamsters Authorization Card using that "breach of security" mailing list!

Where can I get a card?

Where can I send a donation?
Sign me up as well, Im ready for any union excluding the (TWU/IAM)!

Heck bring on the meat cutters union. :blink:

The Girl Scouts of America should represent us.....you ever tell a Girl Scout no to a box of cookies???????? :p