Amtrak Quality - Train Leaves With Zero Passengers

So it was an accident/screw up that happens to every company somewhere every day.  In other words nothing new or original except if a person likes to slam a federally funded company and hold them to a different standard than everyone else.
Ah, yes, but we demand accountability from government entities, and this screw up costs MILLIONS! You obviously don't use the train service(I don't either) and couldn't care less that they will have to raise the fares on the rest of their customers to get the monetary fiasco back.

See like someone pointed out to me, WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. Obviously this only refers to the libtard agenda!

I honestly thought this thread was a math equation like if train A leaves from terminal X without passengers, how long before AMTRAK goes BK BIG TIME?

Glenn Quagmire said:
How many airline employees here have screwed up? Should they all lose their job? Are they "dim bulbs"?
Short answer Glenn is YES.

I have seen people working in customers facing positions as incompetent and as uncaring as a bag of hammers.

Work side by side with the workers at Wal-Mart for ONE shoft and it will likely occur to you that at Minimum wage they are OVERPAID. Minimum skill set equals minimum wage.

Due to DFR rulings the Unions and Company can't get rid of the slugs.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
The stupid and lazy are attracted to UNION jobs because they can not retain employment anywhere else. Unfortunately it gives the good UNION employees a bad name.
So you had a Union job for 10+ years. You then capitalized on your union negotiated layoff language. The cherry was the social welfare programs to collect unemployment and get retraining.

Now you are anti union. 777 Fixer has you nailed. Two faced hypocrite.

So you had a Union job for 10+ years. You then capitalized on your union negotiated layoff language. The cherry was the social welfare programs to collect unemployment and get retraining.

Now you are anti union. 777 Fixer has you nailed. Two faced hypocrite.
Did some one say parasite?

PHXConx said:
how much do you think that innocent mistake cost?
Probably about $15,000 at a minimum, maybe double that if you account for goodwill

* The average Acela Express ticket runs $150-200, and the Regional tickets are less than that. Customers had to get refunded the difference
* operating expense of an empty train still sucking up electricity
* Revenue loss from not selling food/drinks at a 200% markup
* Lost goodwill from customers who may think twice and fly next time

So what else is new?------ I remember getting to a American Eagle flight that departed five minutes before published depature time, leaving with aprox 12 full fare paying passangers, and four non-revs, at the gate, just to see the jetway pull away, and flight leave. I was told the flight left half empty!------ Happened to be last flight of the night, so they had to cough up coupons for hotel rooms. And in SJU, that wasn't cheap.----- Didn't phase them one bet!!!

MCI transplant said:
So what else is new?------ I remember getting to a American Eagle flight that departed five minutes before published depature time, leaving with aprox 12 full fare paying passangers, and four non-revs, at the gate, just to see the jetway pull away, and flight leave. I was told the flight left half empty!------ Happened to be last flight of the night, so they had to cough up coupons for hotel rooms. And in SJU, that wasn't cheap.----- Didn't phase them one bet!!!
Mistakes happen.  It is part of doing business.  If the costs estimated above are correct, $15-$20k is pretty cheap in the scheme of things.