A coach passenger who refused to leave a first class seat

How were you uncomfortable because a person was sitting in a chair? Again a chair? An open chair. Hey look it's jmo but I'm a ramper and i've always supported my fellow emp's. I've been in your informational picket lines and I marched with the pilots on HQ. What he did was wrong but I'm sure he was an emp. By telling you he was a nonrev he was just expecting some professional courtesy. The agent told him to take any seat. If there wasn't a paying psg whats the difference where he sits? What did he get? Maybe a meal that cost AA a dollor and god forbid maybe a drink? I just think if he caused no trouble than it shouldn't be such a big deal?

I have to go to work. Have a nice day.

How about the fact that the rest of us play by the rules. I prefer to wear jeans and tennis shoes so I don’t fly F. How is that fair to the rest of us? Just because he has the balls to lie and cheat the rest of us should say goody for him? I don’t think so. If he does not like the rules then he can start his own airline and make his own rules.

Should cops be allowed to speed and break traffic laws just because they are cops? I do not think its fair but it happens every day. Think about that the next time you get stopped for speeding.

I’d have busted him in a heart beat if I thought for a minute that he did it on purpose. I play by the rules, I expect others to do the same as well.

Why do some people think it is ok to break the rules and make up some half baked excuse to justify their actions. I have broken the rules but I admit that I did. I hope I do not get caught but I make no bones about the fact that what I did was wrong. Plane and simple. I don't do it at work because none of you are worth my job by the way. He broke the rules and he got away with it, fine. But please spare me the lame justifications for his actions because there are none.

I used to let all non revs have any open seat in F. I ran into a few problems with some actual employees (not D3's) who didn't know how to behave and were too loud, too drunk, rude to other paying passengers, and who played the call light like it was a musical instrument. I don't care who is wearing jeans, because I think the no jeans policy is bogus, but I definitely want to be the one making decisions to upgrade people who weren't issued seats in the F cabin.

We used to do the same too and always did pre 9/11 if there were employees in back and I didn't leave anyone out to be fair. Then when I'd hear that freq fliers were complaining, I'd try to be discreet and upgrade if there were two open seats and it wasn't as noticeable since I didn't think it would be a big deal. Then doing so became a major violation so it's not worth it. There's usually no open seats anymore anyway. It'll be booked 40 in the back and 22 up front on a 757.

It has to do with respect and being open about who they are. If he's an employee, then come out with it.. don't show me a f/c seat from a different flight just hoping I wouldn't notice it wasnt MY flight. Supporting a picket line (Which I've done for other airlines, depts, spent hours as an inforep, and flown to airports in support of our other bases) and just taking it upon yourself to do whatever you please without letting your fellow employee know in the beginning is another. Yes, it's a seat, but it's more than just that. And, yes, that's why we have stricter security procedures in place, especially in the cabin nearest to the cockpit and there's a passenger that there's absolutely no info on. We DO need to know who's up there and that's why we are given a PIL before the door closes. It's hasn't been that long since we're able to allow coach to use the f/c lav...and that's just a toilet...and open toilet you sit on or standover. SO there are two reasons, voluntarily or not. It's just not appropriate whichever way you look at it. AND GUESS WHAT, he still got professional courtesy as I do all my passengers. Maybe if he would have told me what he was when I originally spoke to him instead of waiting until well over half way through the flight and ACCIDENTALLY told me (I could tell it was a freudian by the look on his face), he may have gotten even BETTER service from the beginning, from the time he lept over the passenger in the aisle seat. Who knows, but the bottom line it shouldn't be a habit and practically commending him on his balls and entitlement to sit in a cabin he wasn't supposed to be in shouldn't be encouraged, employee or not. Most flight attendants, no matter how supportive, would feel exactly the same way as did the crew on the flight. Believe me,we're not some elite group who are above the decision making process who are stingy with the liquor. And as you said he was wrong, he knew which cabin he was listed for and knows what any open seat means...I wouldn't have kicked his ass out of the seat if I had known, or I would have done that for simply wearing jeans. No big deal and if he's that desperate for our crappy food so be it but it's STILL a pathetic move and worthy of talking about since MOST employees would have the respect to not do that, so when it does, is still surprising. So reading something that wasn't there and accusing ANYONE, the crew and agent were curious as to who/what this person was, of being a rat was way out of line. I'm sure he's still playing musical chairs in f/c, so give him a big shout for getting away with what he can!

Ok you got your point across. If he was trying to scam you with a different flight ticket then thats about respect. Sorry I was out of line. To be honest if I thought someone was trying to make me out the fool I might have ratted on them myself. I wouldn't want to see them fired though but have a good scare put into them. I wouldn't do it though because who can trust Mgmt to not take it too far? Anyway I'll have to give myself a thumbs down for not seeing your point. :down:

How about the fact that the rest of us play by the rules. I prefer to wear jeans and tennis shoes so I don’t fly F. How is that fair to the rest of us? Just because he has the balls to lie and cheat the rest of us should say goody for him? I don’t think so. If he does not like the rules then he can start his own airline and make his own rules.

Should cops be allowed to speed and break traffic laws just because they are cops? I do not think its fair but it happens every day. Think about that the next time you get stopped for speeding.

I’d have busted him in a heart beat if I thought for a minute that he did it on purpose. I play by the rules, I expect others to do the same as well.

Why do some people think it is ok to break the rules and make up some half baked excuse to justify their actions. I have broken the rules but I admit that I did. I hope I do not get caught but I make no bones about the fact that what I did was wrong. Plane and simple. I don't do it at work because none of you are worth my job by the way. He broke the rules and he got away with it, fine. But please spare me the lame justifications for his actions because there are none.

I sence a little anger in this one. And who are the none of you? Rampers or all employees? I suspect you mean Rampers?

Sorry guys but I have to do this.. Was Passenger a Blonde? IE THE JOKE

A Blonde is sitting in First Class when a Passenger tells F/A that she is in his seat...Upon looking at her boarding pass sees that she belongs in Coach... After Flight Attendants try to get her to go to coach she responds..Im blonde Im beautiful and Im going to Florida.. the other Flight Attendant tries to get her to move... IM Blonde Im beautiful and Im going to Florida... they get the F/O to talk to her...same thing...IM blonde Im beautiful Im going to Florida.. Captain comes out Whispers something in her ear and she Runs back to Coach... Flight Attendants ask Captain what he said to her... His response.... Oh I told her this part of the airplane Isn't going to Florida !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Again Sorry... Had to add it........