Amtrak Quality - Train Leaves With Zero Passengers

Ms Tree said:
Mistakes happen.  It is part of doing business.  If the costs estimated above are correct, $15-$20k is pretty cheap in the scheme of things.
Yea! mistakes happen.------- But my Son had the same thing happen to him two weeks prior! Same Fight, same time! I can see why AA pulled AE out of there, and now over flys SJU ftom MIA! ------ It maybe just me, but I got the impression no one there really gave a Sh%$t!

I wonder if crew legalities had anything to do with it.  Seems weird that it would happen twice on the same flight with out some out side cause. 

Ms Tree said:
I wonder if crew legalities had anything to do with it.  Seems weird that it would happen twice on the same flight with out some out side cause. 
Don't know!-------Both times the incoming flight from MIA was running late, but we got to the gate, just to find the flt. left early! I would only guess that since it was the last flight of the day, maybe they were just accuse to get home to their families.

Ms Tree said:
Mistakes happen.  It is part of doing business.  If the costs estimated above are correct, $15-$20k is pretty cheap in the scheme of things.
Do you have a value for loss, regardless how insignificant it may seem? If you lost $15-$20K would you just blow it off? Then lets not forget the loss to the company for the wages to employees that were getting paid for their major F-UP! Now you might be talking of $100K or better. But since corporations are all Republicans in your eyes they are just greedy and deserve to lose money.

Look at your Europe, and see that you talk nonsense! :p

Nobody has "blowed off" the loss.

The point is that stuff happens. Mistakes are made. The reason E decided to highlight this one is because NHBB'S works for amtrak and because they are partially funded by the taxpayer.

NHBB'S has also been a douche posting crap about providing lousy customer service while being covered by a union contract.

E posting that he would have highlighted it anyway is complete bs.

Mistakes are made by humans. I am sure we could fill this forum with what we have all witnessed in our careers. Thankfully, most of our stuff has not made the news or had someone post it on a forum

signals said:
Do you have a value for loss, regardless how insignificant it may seem? If you lost $15-$20K would you just blow it off? Then lets not forget the loss to the company for the wages to employees that were getting paid for their major F-UP! Now you might be talking of $100K or better. But since corporations are all Republicans in your eyes they are just greedy and deserve to lose money.

An employee cost the company more money in one day than he makes all year and Ms Tree defends it. Typical libtard.

Leaving a station with 0 passengers is not a mistake, it is gross incompetence. 

I got news for you Ms Tree, having to pay 10's of thousands of dollars due to stupidity is expensive. 

signals said:

Where I work damage/lost is pegged at 5%. So long as we are under that corporate does not squeal. Its the cost of doing business. The company makes over $100 billion a year.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
An employee cost the company more money in one day than he makes all year and Ms Tree defends it. Typical libtard.

Leaving a station with 0 passengers is not a mistake, it is gross incompetence. 

I got news for you Ms Tree, having to pay 10's of thousands of dollars due to stupidity is expensive.
So you have all the facts relating to the mistake and can unequivocally say that it was due to stupidity and not a mistake related to other factors? Please, do tell.

SparrowHawk said:
Must be hunting season. Not seeing any Black Bears

Truth be told sparrow, I had the excellent good fortune to reunite with the Only TRUE LOVE of my Life, after 35 YEARS of not ever seeing her. (She's 55 now, (on the rebound) and so help me GOD she looks 40-45, natural BLOND hair as ever (All Over), and she threw me one hell of a 69th Birthday party on July 2_ th .)  Thankfully the 'ol Bear doesn't look his age(late 50's ish, and boy o boy I'm like a God Dam teenager again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I know you guys will agree with me on this.  NOTHING beats the pride a guy feels when he's got a younger Woman on his arm !!  I have NO RIGHT being this Lucky  !!!!!!!!!!
(Helll, if this keeps up, I'll be geting real close to shitt canning the 'lil Blue pill).

Alright ...alright now, I'm getting carried away, and Wayyyy off the (Amtrak) subject.

Lets take it easy on eolesen.  I KNOW Eric would have posted the Amtrak F-UP regardless if I was working for Amtrak, or producing a  MARK LEVIN show !   It's 'fair game'.  (Actually I LAUGHED my F'n ASSS off)
Everything will be OK as long as a SUPERVISOR gets FIRED   !!!       (OOPS, scratch that. Amtrak Supervisors are UNIONIZED also)

As eolesen knows, NOT  1 Amtrak customer who loves the Acela, will run to the airports to get RAPED, because of this Amtrak incident, NOT 1   !!!!!!!!!!!!!     SHITE Happens !

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Truth be told sparrow, I had the excellent good fortune to reunite with the Only TRUE LOVE of my Life, after 35 YEARS of not ever seeing her. (She's 55 now, (on the rebound) and so help me GOD she looks 40-45, natural BLOND hair as ever (All Over), and she threw me one hell of a 69th Birthday party on July 2_ th .)  Thankfully the 'ol Bear doesn't look his age(late 50's ish, and boy o boy I'm like a God Dam teenager again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I know you guys will agree with me on this.  NOTHING beats the pride a guy feels when he's got a younger Woman on his arm !!  I have NO RIGHT being this Lucky  !!!!!!!!!!
(Helll, if this keeps up, I'll be geting real close to shitt canning the 'lil Blue pill).
I thought the love of your life was being a parasite. You brag about it enough. 

SHITE Happens !
Especially around stupid people.

As eolesen knows, NOT  1 Amtrak customer who loves the Acela, will run to the airports to get RAPED, because of this Amtrak incident, NOT 1   !!!!!!!!!!!!!     SHITE Happens !
Yeah, not so sure about that, Bears... 80% of a given set of customers can be swayed to change suppliers or transportation mode after one bad experience. 10% are uber-faithful, and 10% had no choice in the selection either due to cost or other factors.

You're probably right that the 10% uber-faithful will stick it out, but throw in enough other irregularities like delays or cancels, and even those most rabid-about-rail foamers will turn on you.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I thought the love of your life was being a parasite. You brag about it enough. .
He is collecting the Social Security he paid into, and working full-time, while you whine about not getting welfare fast enough.

Amtrak's pretty well charter ensures they have no meaningful competition.

In WAS-NYC, they own the tracks. In 99% of the other markets, they use tracks owned by freight rail companies or the states, but the freight operators are prohibited from offering rail service under their own name. It's less clear if they can bid to operate intercity services funded by states.

Both BNSF and UP still operate passenger service, but they're on routes which pre-date Amtrak, and it's not done under their own name. I don't believe NS, CSX, CP or CN have any remaining contract routes.

All six of those carriers (or their predecessor companies) had passenger service up until 1971, and when they handed off the liabilities and assets associated with it to Amtrak, they became barred by federal law from re-establishing service.

Railroads who have been formed since then are free to compete. Iowa Pacific has been doing that - bidding on some of the state services, and planning to operate them with their own equipment as opposed to leasing from a state agency or Amtrak.

Personally, I think the liability flush done in 1971 has long since been paid back. It's time to allow other railroads to compete if they want to.

Latest posts