Announcement in Miami on Tuesday

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
There is a press conference set for 11am EST in Miami on Tuesday. Judging by the fact that some high-up executives from Dallas, as well as a bunch of Miami city/tourism leaders are supposed to be there, as well as the fact that media was invited, this might be a big route announcement.

Then again, maybe they are just going to announce that "we finished the airport."

The strange thing is that also in attendance with AA and Miami city officials will be New York City city officials, which indicates that it is not "we finished the airport."

Isn't JetBlue based in NY?....hmmm......Eagle/Executive presence in MIA...I doubt it has anything to do with Asia.

Airport isnt finished yet. They still have to get rid of the old bag room and finish taking down the old Bravo concourse.
Maybe the annoucement is for the train that is finally up and running.
On a side note just heard that we are down 63 heads and might be getting another 737 B-Check. Recall list is exhausted, transfer list might be also. The next course of action hire off the street. I sure hope they get some young stallions in here to pick up the slack. Most of us, 45 and older crowd, are content watching the ship sink.

The only upcoming announcement is on Wednesday the 20th which will be the 3rd quarter results. This will
iinclude future plans.

The only upcoming announcement is on Wednesday the 20th which will be the 3rd quarter results. This will
iinclude future plans.

There is a press conference in Miami at 11AM on Tuesday.

Or did AA send out a media release to trick people?

Because word is there is supposed to be a new trans-Atlantic route from Miami announced Tuesday morning.

Whats the big deal? AA has been announcing new routes and service with merely a release to news outlets.

Airport isnt finished yet. They still have to get rid of the old bag room and finish taking down the old Bravo concourse.
Maybe the annoucement is for the train that is finally up and running.
On a side note just heard that we are down 63 heads and might be getting another 737 B-Check. Recall list is exhausted, transfer list might be also. The next course of action hire off the street. I sure hope they get some young stallions in here to pick up the slack. Most of us, 45 and older crowd, are content watching the ship sink.

Now when you say "recall list exhausted"...meaning MIA only right??
Cause I'm hearing different from the TULE guys.

I'm 53, and I'll do my job. Although, I don't have near the fight left in me, when I was 29 y/o getting in this business. I am looking for ANY door in AA maintenance. Even if it means a commute to TUL(home)...at least I'll be IN American and can make a move to TULE or DFW eventually.

I've had it with the 787 "thing" as well as the Seattle area BS...

Latest posts