LABOR COALITION NEEDED

----------------
On 7/8/2003 7:05:04 PM PITbull wrote:

THE UNIONS GOT HIM (Carty) OFF THE PROPERTY.

----------------​

The natives were restless and the BOD needed to let the unions let out some steam.

Big deal.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. Witness the "new" CEO named Dave. He makes Wolf look like a teddy bear, yet the excitement over the new guy made the natives believers for long enough to really get screwed.

I don''t have to dump lavs or clean up puke because the contract says I don''t have to.Christ I thought if anybody would know that factoid it would be you.I was mistaken,you do have some transferable skills,hospital orderly.

----------------
On 7/5/2003 10:56:40 AM ClueByFour wrote:

"featherbedding"
----------------​

ROTFLMAO!

Did you take a look at the flight line today? Mainline is gone bye bye.

Gee whiz! What do you call it when MGT parks 250 Mainline Jets and contracts out 500 RJs with associated slave labor? Would that qualify as featherbedding? Even so, they can''t make a dime when you give them a dollar.

----------------
On 7/8/2003 6:09:15 PM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 7/8/2003 4:56:18 PM ITRADE wrote:

----------------
On 7/8/2003 4:30:26 PM PITbull wrote:

Hey Itrade, where did you say you worked????? oh, yea you didn't. hmmmmmmmm

----------------​
Perhaps I-Trade will tell you where he works when you provide an accounting of your collection and disbursement of dues! You are always sooooo quick to jump in with all of the rhetoric but when questioned pointedly on union finances you scamper into the tall grass. How come no response on W.A. "Tony" Boyle, Western PA's paragon of union virtue. Stealing your so called "Union Brother's & Sister's" pension and murdering your rival seems to surpass anything that Dave has done despite his best efforts.

PITbull Please explain to us how it is fair the roughly $34 of the $39 your members pay monthly goes to an organization that then spends it on organizing a rival carrier. Read the above carefully, don't skirt the question. Explain the fairness, not the reason it was done.

Explain how the American Fraud Association, Oops I mean Association of Flight Attendents has done a single thing to boost morale or airline profitability.
----------------

----------------​

Bob,

Guess management gave you more than just pencils.

A few bad apples is not reflective of the intire union industry. You know better than that.

Most folks on here know where union dollars are spent. There is an accounting on the International level and the local level at every union meeting. ALL B&E are brought in for scrutiny by the members.

$34 dues for the last 10 years goes to:

Legislative department to tackle issues like f/a "certification", health care reform lobbying, clean air, ALL THE 9/11 ISSUES AND SECURITY/SAFETY TRAINING LOBBYING FOR F/AS, thwarting McCain's "baseball arbitration bill", too just name a few current events of recent.

EAP: Drug and alcohol couseling and referrals, along with safety concerns dealing with job depression, job-related anxiety and personal problems that may effect job performance. Along with Professional Standards Committee.

Health and Safety departments and "rapid Response" in case of airline incidents and crashes and terrorism and post trauma that may and does occur.

Legal department: HUGE! For arbitration cases, legal consultations, negotiations etc...

Negotiations Department: For research and analysis and direct negotiations with mangements.

BENEFITS DEPARTMENT: HUGE! Again, with research and analysis including Medical, OJI, LTD PENSIONS for all airlines.

ORGANIZING DEPARTMENT: To further and permeate into all airlines NEW and OLD.
Delta for one. Horizon, American EAgle, ATA, etc...

TRAINING DEPT: To train NEW leaders and Committee folks on the local and International level.

ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF AND SUPPORT: To run an International office, and everything involved in personnel, Membership, balloting, payroll, budgets, meeting coordination.

PLUS: AFA has an MEC level that is a separate budget from the Locals. All AFA airlines have an MEC level and Officers. That is where the MEC (SYSTEM WIDE) grievances are handled. Much research and anyalysis goes into this department to prepare cases for arbitration.

Don't get rediculous with me now, Bob.

Ok Bob, let me get this straight, since the BOD and the powers to be gave Dave his compensation in his employment contract just like the rest of the senior officers and VPs that is quite fine.

But the very same powers to be agreed to two rounds of conessionary contracts with the pilots-ALPA, the F/A- AFA, Customer Service Agents- CWA, Dispatchers-TWU and the mechanic and related and fleet service both IAM, so the employees have contracts just like Dave.

So it is ok for the BOD to adhere to the Officers contracts and not honor the very same agreements they signed with their unionized employees, is that what you are saying?

So it is ok for the HAVES to be taken care of and screw the HAVE NOTS, I see how you truly are BOB, since you are a have forget about everyone else, it is all about me.

Now you showed us your true colors, you don't care about how many lives Dave and his merry band of thieves destroyed just as long as you get yours.

----------------
On 7/8/2003 7:27:13 PM PITbull wrote:

----------------
On 7/8/2003 6:41:46 PM Analyst wrote:

Sorry Pitbull but you must not have heard that Rakesh is busy as the Chairman/President of Worldspan.

----------------​

Analyst,

Sorry pal, but management did not let you in on the "know", obviously. I know all about World span.

----------------​
Yeah, but you didn't know how many vice presidents US Airways had, did ya?

new_weakest.gif

----------------
On 7/8/2003 5:23:37 PM ClueByFour wrote:

; You also imply that "management agreed to our current scope."

What I''m saying, and what you fail to address is that YOU (the unions in question). COULD HAVE PROPOSED SCOPE MODIFICATIONS TO ALLOW MORE CROSS-UTILIZATION. Instead, all unions involved made the choice to negotiate the current scope, which is why several thousand members are now without jobs.

why do you cross utilize?so you need less employees!the union did what it is supposed to do by holding the line.wake up.
management had every opportunity to go down this path at negotiations and they took what they gave.​

----------------
On 7/8/2003 6:34:37 PM LavMan wrote:

757fixer another elitist.

By the way if my job is so unskilled and easy to do why is it when a mechanic get involuntarily downgraded you don''t have to clean up puke or dump lavs?

----------------​
what did you say?involuntarily downgraded?isn''t that cross utilizing?

Latest posts