Another New Phl Airline

Here's the media coverage of Frontier's announcement, complete with fares:

Frontier Airlines coming to Philadelphia May 23
By BILL BERGSTROM
The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA - Discount carrier Frontier Airlines said it will start flights to Philadelphia from Denver and Los Angeles on May 23, the second low-fare carrier to swoop in and try to take business from struggling US Airways.

Article

Jim

shaka said:
That is all good and well but at the end of the day you have got to have cash to operate. You can have star alliance, global network, first class and all the other goodies but if your losing money before these guys even stepped into your market what's gonna happen when they arrive.

I hope US Air survives but you have got to be realistic, US Air is not running Southwest out of Philly. US Air must learn to survive with Philly in their hub and figure out other ways to maximize their assets. I have no problems with US Air defending their hub in Philly, I think that's what you have to do.

But plain and simple Southwest has a ton of cash and can go into a market and lose money for a period of time, US Air can not do this. This is simple business fundamentals, so please spare me the rhetoric about Dave running Herb out of Philly, ain't goint to happen. Everyone needs to focus on co-existing with Southwest in Philly cause that ain't going to change no matter what you do!!!!
Shaka, I hope you realize a lot can happen in the airline industry from Feb. to May. Please spare me your prophesys, I believe you will just have to wait and see how this Philly thing plays out just like the rest of us mere mortals. ;)