Another Republican fathers a child outside of wedlock, while married

Yep, me too...
super-fat-man-on-a-scooter.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think most of us have done things we aren't so proud of now. For me the years between 17 & 22 are just one big blur. Oh I can recall funny stuff from the parties, just couldn't tell you which year they occurred. If was Brewed, Distilled, Fermented, smoked or snorted I did it. I drew the line at shooting up. I managed to live to tell about it. Two of my friends have succumbed to addictions and another three have been in skilled care facilities as a result of accidents while high. There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

I look around and I see Gary Hart, Bill Clinton, Newt, Arnold and a few more I missed and I say, "SO FRIGGIN' WHAT" at least nobody is eating dinner through a straw going on 40 years now as a result of their actions. Nobody is taking a dirt nap because Clinton go his knob polished. The fact that his wife has his balls in a jar on the mantle is another story.

We have been a nation in word and deed that is based upon forgiveness and as an example one need look no further than the late President Nixon for proof. JFK is one of our most revered Presidents who skills as a leader where only surpassed by his alleged fornicating prowess. Our history books are filled with flawed men and women who despite those flaws went on to accomplish great things.

Do you really want to have this argument? On any given day the hypocrisy of the Left overwhelms the hypocrisy on the Right. What is interesting is the ways in which ir manifests itself.

On the Republican side you have the behavior of Newt & Arnold currently in the news. Republicans are pretty good at the family values talk, it's the walk that sometimes get's in the way. Also one could and I would argue that these individuals hypocrisy is contained within their personal space.

On the other side we have hypocrisy that often affects MILLIONS of Americans negatively. We got lip service from the empty suit about job creation while members of his administration rule to block the Boeing Plant in SC. More of the ES's continuing to say one thing and doing another.

Arnold, Newt and Bill were fornicating with the help, SO WHAT? I think over half of the furor over Bill Clinton getting serviced by a moderately attractive 20 year old was simply jealousy by other 50 year old men who didn't have the pimp hand to pull it off.

Yes I do. Both parties are hypocrites when it comes to spending. The economy was tanking well before Obama took office and only time will tell if we are starting to dig our way out. There were limited options available. The republicans with all their bluster would not have let AIG or GM ...etc go under. There may have been nuances of differences but the same crap would have happened.

The RNC has been trying to take the moral high ground for decades. They are massive hypocrites on this issue. Gingrich is leading the fight to prosecute Clinton for what amounts to a hummer in the Oval Office while he is screwing wife number 3 for 6 years while married to wife number 2. Craig is tapping his way through the US while voting against the rights of gays. Foley is banging his way through the pages. Bush/Cheney lie their way into Iraq to the tune of close to 3 trillion after all is said and done (if we are lucky). Roe v Wade is the law of the land but the republicans are not happy with that so they chip away at it in every state they have the power to do so. They take away funding for PP even though abortions re only 3% of what they do. Their 'moral' actions are going to deprive the poor of pre-natal care, blood screening and a host of other vital health care options.

Republicans win the hypocrisy hands down.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes I do. Both parties are hypocrites when it comes to spending. The economy was tanking well before Obama took office and only time will tell if we are starting to dig our way out. There were limited options available. The republicans with all their bluster would not have let AIG or GM ...etc go under. There may have been nuances of differences but the same crap would have happened.

The RNC has been trying to take the moral high ground for decades. They are massive hypocrites on this issue. Gingrich is leading the fight to prosecute Clinton for what amounts to a hummer in the Oval Office while he is screwing wife number 3 for 6 years while married to wife number 2. Craig is tapping his way through the US while voting against the rights of gays. Foley is banging his way through the pages. Bush/Cheney lie their way into Iraq to the tune of close to 3 trillion after all is said and done (if we are lucky). Roe v Wade is the law of the land but the republicans are not happy with that so they chip away at it in every state they have the power to do so. They take away funding for PP even though abortions re only 3% of what they do. Their 'moral' actions are going to deprive the poor of pre-natal care, blood screening and a host of other vital health care options.

Republicans win the hypocrisy hands down.

You do realize that if you applied the above standard that Martin Luther King Jr. would have been unacceptable to lead his people. Just keep that in mind. In your world above JFK couldn't be President. Thomas Jefferson? Unqualified to serve the nation he helped found. George Washington supposedly had syphilis when he died, unqualified to be our first President under the Ms Tree guidelines.

What you're blubbering and ranting over only effects those involved directly. When you have a POTUS via his lackeys like Geithner and the rest of the Goldman Sachs Mafia that act as a defacto shadow government go in front of the media with outright lies regarding the economy and you want to compare it to Gingrich cheating on his wife? What a crock of shite :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

You do realize that if you applied the above standard that Martin Luther King Jr. would have been unacceptable to lead his people. Just keep that in mind. In your world above JFK couldn't be President. Thomas Jefferson? Unqualified to serve the nation he helped found. George Washington supposedly had syphilis when he died, unqualified to be our first President under the Ms Tree guidelines.

What you're blubbering and ranting over only effects those involved directly. When you have a POTUS via his lackeys like Geithner and the rest of the Goldman Sachs Mafia that act as a defacto shadow government go in front of the media with outright lies regarding the economy and you want to compare it to Gingrich cheating on his wife? What a crock of shite :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. The chance of MLK being elected would depend on what party he ran for today. Aside fro Franks politics, do you think the RNC electorate would elect a gay person as dog catcher much less Congress? I doubt it. Dems voted in Clinton to a second term even though he cheated on his wife. Dems and independents do not care. MLK and JFK would have won the votes of one party and not the other. You guys are hypocrits on the economy just like the dems. The icing is your moral BS.

What you do not seem to get is republicans pretend to care about the private lies of their politicians. Dems and Indies could not give a rats ass.

As for the economy, as I said elsewhere, I do not believe the RNC would have done much different had they been elected. The wheels were off the wagon and there were not many options in my opinion. Economically, both parties are the same. The morality BS that the republicans trot out is what sets them apart.

Reactions: 1 person
MLK -
King's biographer David Garrow wrote about a number of extramarital affairs, including one with a woman King saw almost daily. According to Garrow, "that relationship, rather than his marriage, increasingly became the emotional centerpiece of King's life, but it did not eliminate the incidental couplings that were a commonplace of King's travels." King explained his extramarital affairs as "a form of anxiety reduction." Garrow noted that King's promiscuity was the cause of "painful and overwhelming guilt". From wikipedia

Thomas Jefferson
While historians long discounted accounts that Jefferson had an intimate relationship with his slave Sally Hemings, it is now widely held that he did and had six children by her

Warren G.Harding
Columnist writer, Carl S. Anthony, in a Washington Post article, stated that Warren G. Harding had extramarital affairs with four women. Two of these women included Susie Hodder and Carrie Fulton Phillips, Mrs. Harding's personal friends. The other two women included Grace Cross, Harding's senatorial aide, and Nan Britton. Anthony stated that Harding was the father of Susie Hodder's daughter. Nan Britton asserted in her book, The President's Daughter, published in 1927, that Harding fathered her daughter Elizabeth Ann. According to Britton, Harding had gotten her pregnant in Harding's senatorial office in 1919. Britton, who had a profound obsession with Harding beginning in high school, also alleged in the book, without corroboration, that President Harding had a sexual encounter with her in a closet of the White House

Given the politics of personal destruction of today which of these candidates would even survive their party primary? Whether or not republicans would elect an openly gay person is up to them. They don't seem to have trouble actively supporting black candidates who hold their views with at least one being a tea party sympathizer running in a mostly white district. Whether on not we see a Republican candidate who is openly gay remains to be seen. There are more that a few firsts for the Republicans when it comes to race and gender. Without the Republican support we may never have had the passage of the Civil rights act, First women Justice on the Supreme Court, First Black & Female Secretary of State. IIRC, Michael Steele was the first minority to head their Party's National Committee.

You can't have it both ways.

Fact is all of the above were flawed yet dynamic people, dynamic enough to gain widespread support for their cause or electoral efforts. Did their personal shortcomings prevent them from achieving greatness?

Given the politics of personal destruction of today which of these candidates would even survive their party primary? Whether or not republicans would elect an openly gay person is up to them. They don't seem to have trouble actively supporting black candidates who hold their views with at least one being a tea party sympathizer running in a mostly white district. Whether on not we see a Republican candidate who is openly gay remains to be seen. There are more that a few firsts for the Republicans when it comes to race and gender. Without the Republican support we may never have had the passage of the Civil rights act, First women Justice on the Supreme Court, First Black & Female Secretary of State. IIRC, Michael Steele was the first minority to head their Party's National Committee.

You can't have it both ways.

Fact is all of the above were flawed yet dynamic people, dynamic enough to gain widespread support for their cause or electoral efforts. Did their personal shortcomings prevent them from achieving greatness?

You really do not seem to get it. The RNC is not running on racial equality. That ship has sailed back in the 60's. They are running on moral superiority and homophobia as part of their platform. Gingrich, Ensign, Vittor, Foley and Craig to mention a few point out the hypocrisy. Dems/Indies do not seem to care if you cheat on your spouse or if you are gay. If they like your politics, that's all that matters. That is why Clinton won a second term. So he got a blow job. BFD. The right wing on the other hand has a freaking cow. Craig was so full of self loathing he had to resort to airport stalls and Craigs list to get satisfied because he could not come out of the closet. Personally I don't care. Seems like your party is hung up on that insanity.

Dems had the first female sen in 1932. What's does that prove? Albright first SoC. Ferraro first VP candidate. Marshal on the SCOTUS. Republicans are following behind and just adding a bit extra. When you have time, look at the party affiliation of blacks in Congress in the 20th century. First black cabinet member? First female cabinet member? I wonder which party had the first Hispanic member of Congress? Your party is playing catch up and not very well.

In nearly every aspect, the R's and D's are a mirror image of corruption, lies and stupidity. As far as inclusion and moral hypocrisy are concerned, you guys are running your ship at full steam straight over the precipices.

I think most of us have done things we aren't so proud of now. For me the years between 17 & 22 are just one big blur. Oh I can recall funny stuff from the parties, just couldn't tell you which year they occurred. If was Brewed, Distilled, Fermented, smoked or snorted I did it. I drew the line at shooting up. I managed to live to tell about it. Two of my friends have succumbed to addictions and another three have been in skilled care facilities as a result of accidents while high. There but for the Grace of God go any of us.

I knew you seemed familiar... :lol:

Here's the thing about Arnold. You never really saw him pounding his fist on the table talking about family values and the sanctity of marriage like other Republicans. If he had the situation would be that much worse for him.

I love how republicans loved him when he was running against Davis but now that he has screwed up the family values thing and CA economy is still in the crapper he is 'not a real republican'. :rolleyes:

Latest posts