Anti-Hostile Takeover Rally Tues Jan 23 @ 1300

Dec 5, 2006
Show up in uniform if you are available.

January 21, 2007

"Stop the Hostile Takeover" Rally in Washington, D.C.

As you know, we are again engaged in yet another battle with long-lasting career ramifications. This time, the fight is to thwart the hostile takeover attempt of Delta Air Lines by US Airways CEO Doug Parker and his hedge fund financiers. As you read in the most recent Chairman's Letter,

"Delta management remains committed to exiting bankruptcy as a stand alone airline and the Delta MEC shares that commitment. . .The US Airways hostile takeover proposal is the wrong deal at the wrong time. A widely diverse group of industry analysts, corporate, labor and government leaders all agree that of all possible merger scenarios, US Airways and Delta is the single worst possible combination."

If you have been following the recent activities of the Delta MEC, you know that legislative activities in Washington, D.C. have been at unprecedented levels. Captain Dino Atsalis and Don Stanton (MEC Legislative Affairs Committee Chairman and Vice Chairman, respectively) have had a continuous presence on Capitol Hill for the last month along with legions of Delta pilots in supporting roles. In addition to our legislative efforts on the Hill, we have dispatched mobile billboards providing our position on the proposed takeover attempt in Tempe/Phoenix, Charlotte and Washington. Also, we are providing support for ongoing Delta Days events in dozens of small to mid-size cities as part of the community grass roots efforts against the merger. Our media presence over the last several weeks has been at unprecedented levels and will continue to increase through this coming week.

As part of the upcoming media efforts, a "Stop the Hostile Takeover-Just say No" rally, will be held on the steps of the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday, January 23 at 1300. At the rally, a cross-section of employees (including uniformed pilots) will present Congress with a petition with over 100,000 signatures stating opposition to the hostile takeover. Pilot participation is critical and we invite all available pilots to consider taking a day out of your busy schedules to show your support for Delta's plan to exit bankruptcy as a stand alone carrier.

Pilots interested in participating should wear winter uniform (including hat and overcoat) and plan on attending a rally briefing at the Capitol Hill Club 300 1st Street SE Washington, DC, (Across the street from the Capital South Metro Stop) at 1100 Tuesday morning.

Additionally, the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation will hold a hearing on the "State of the Airline Industry: the Potential Impact of Airline Mergers and Industry Consolidation" at 1000 on Wednesday, January 24. Pilots should also consider attending the hearing on Wednesday, in uniform. It is open to the public. More detailed information will be distributed tomorrow concerning the hearing.

You may think that just one more pilot in uniform won't matter. But, please do not underestimate the power of hundreds of Delta pilots in uniform on Capitol Hill. It has worked for us before and it will again. Thanks in advance for supporting these important events.

This is actually laughable...Don't forget to take some extra buttons along, maybe George will step out of the White House so he can get one.... :up:

This is actually laughable...Don't forget to take some extra buttons along, maybe George will step out of the White House so he can get one.... :up:
--------------------------------------------------------

I dont have a hat anymore....Could I maybe make one out of that colorful foam, really big like at a ball game or other circus performance....Will there be dancing girls??

--------------------------------------------------------

I dont have a hat anymore....Could I maybe make one out of that colorful foam, really big like at a ball game or other circus performance....Will there be dancing girls??

You can just wear those butt-less leather chaps that you change into when the cockpit door closes. :shock:

you guys are really waisting your time . delta is done wether us gets it or not.

you guys are really waisting your time . delta is done wether us gets it or not.
As a fellow US employee, you are an id!ot, not to mention a manipulated, management lap dog. We are laughing at you, not with you. :rolleyes: Please stop posting such ignorant things, it makes us look bad.

As a fellow US employee, you are an id!ot, not to mention a manipulated, management lap dog. We are laughing at you, not with you. :rolleyes: Please stop posting such ignorant things, it makes us look bad.
it's not ignorance. it's the truth . there is no way delta's stand alone program will stand. not after the offer us has made. delta management cannot come up or beat usairways's offer . so either way delta is in play. if the us offer is not accepted (and there is a strong chance it won't) someone else will put in a bid. a stand alone plan will not fly for delta . it will either be sold out in peices or be bought out by either usairways or someone else. delta the way it used to be is done!! and as for the personal attacks. you do not know me personally so i would chill on that ok. and if you see me around campus. because i am assuming you know who i am. please feel free to say what you said to my face so that we can talk about it !!! because that's what a bunch of you do around here!! hide behind the f###in computer insulting people!! but when you actually see them in person your as nice as can be. please , please call me an idiot and a lapdog to my face!!i beg of you. i promise you on my 2 boys that i will give you a proper response!!

it's not ignorance. it's the truth . there is no way delta's stand alone program will stand. not after the offer us has made. delta management cannot come up or beat usairways's offer . so either way delta is in play. if the us offer is not accepted (and there is a strong chance it won't) someone else will put in a bid. a stand alone plan will not fly for delta . it will either be sold out in peices or be bought out by either usairways or someone else. delta the way it used to be is done!! and as for the personal attacks. you do not know me personally so i would chill on that ok. and if you see me around campus. because i am assuming you know who i am. please feel free to say what you said to my face so that we can talk about it !!! because that's what a bunch of you do around here!! hide behind the f###in computer insulting people!! but when you actually see them in person your as nice as can be. please , please call me an idiot and a lapdog to my face!!i beg of you. i promise you on my 2 boys that i will give you a proper response!!
:lol: :lol: You make me laugh...

1. Your rude, uneducated post states that DL will die if US does not get it. Not only is that categorically false, you can offer absolutely nothing to back that up, especially since you have not been privy to their POR.

2. Please provide the facts that show DL will be sold off in pieces if US is not successful with the takeover. Who told you, Doug? Scott? Back it up with little, unimportant things such as DL's CASM, which is already **MUCH** lower than US'. K?

3. I have no idea who you are, nor do I want to.

4. It's one thing that you post inaccuracies and rude posts on the US board, it embarrasses all of us at US when you do it on the DL board about subjects you have no way of knowing about.

I stand by my previous post, and you will never see me threaten anyone on here as you have in your previous post. Good day.

:lol: :lol: You make me laugh...

1. Your rude, uneducated post states that DL will die if US does not get it. Not only is that categorically false, you can offer absolutely nothing to back that up, especially since you have not been privy to their POR.

2. Please provide the facts that show DL will be sold off in pieces if US is not successful with the takeover. Who told you, Doug? Scott? Back it up with little, unimportant things such as DL's CASM, which is already **MUCH** lower than US'. K?

3. I have no idea who you are, nor do I want to.

4. It's one thing that you post inaccuracies and rude posts on the US board, it embarrasses all of us at US when you do it on the DL board about subjects you have no way of knowing about.

I stand by my previous post, and you will never see me threaten anyone on here as you have in your previous post. Good day.
whatever dude .it's called an opinion and i am entitled to have one. and my opininon is that delta (the way it once was)is dead.i am not saying it to offend anyone . it's called reality. could i be wrong? of course i could. that's why we post on here. to post our opinions of things wether people like it or not.

Latest posts