Anti-Hostile Takeover Rally Tues Jan 23 @ 1300

Unfortunately.....I'd have to agree with etops1 on this too. The Delta stockholders would have to be delusional to turn this deal down. It's an investment right up front.....no waiting....BAM! The stockholders would be playing russian roulette banking on the fact that Delta can return the promises based on predictions and forecasts for the future of the Airline Industry's ups and downs. I would like Delta to Keep Their Delta too.....but it's looking more like this is going to become a reality. All the bitching and moaning is coming from the Delta side regarding this merger....I think I'm like most USAirways employees and could care less as long as we're still employed and recieving a paycheck! I could care less what name is on the outside of the airplane or on my paycheck......I just want to continue doing a job that I love to do plain and simple! Grow up Delta...and most of all.... get off the friggin cross somebody else needs the wood! You ain't that special.....that's the other Airline....American Airlines is something special in the air...... not you! ;)
Whatnow,

Why is this "looking more like this is becoming a reality."? What have you heard that we have not?

When you go pay for it yourself. You are never going to see the cockpit of a Delta 777 even if this merge goes through.
--------------------------------------------------------

And what makes you so sure of that? Do you have some insight into the merged list already?

Or are you just so flustered your as defensless as a little girl...."you cant have my dolly".....

Boy you guys are touchy....

Whatnow,

Why is this "looking more like this is becoming a reality."? What have you heard that we have not?

I haven't heard anything different than anybody else, it's just my spin on things that's all. It really is a "no-brainer" unfortunately. The money is there and its right up front just sign on the bottom line. I would like to see US go on it's own too.....but again this deal won't seem to go away. I'm not big Delta fan either.... growing up and living in Texas all my life, Delta had and STILL has a horrible reputation too. Hopefully DP can transform both of these mess's of Airlines into to something to actually be proud of....for both Delta and USAirways employees....let's hope! :huh: Just my opinion that's all!

--------------------------------------------------------

And what makes you so sure of that? Do you have some insight into the merged list already?

Or are you just so flustered your as defensless as a little girl...."you cant have my dolly".....

Boy you guys are touchy....

Has nothing to do with anything you mentioned.
It is logical to assume that fences will be set up to prevent massive training backlogs and expenses incurred with such a mega merger. These fences could be implemented for years. The majority of USs active pilots are well into their late 40's and 50's. Ages that would preclude them from realizing any real benefit from a merge.
Now if the age 60 rule is repealed, that could change things slightly.

ok lets get this straight . this is not a merger . it's a buyout. usairways is trying to buy delta airlines

ok lets get this straight . this is not a merger . it's a buyout. usairways is trying to buy delta airlines

It's called an "Acquisition". Little ole down and out, left for dead USAirways is/wants to ACQUIRE big ole nasty Delta! B)

I think all of you US Air folks had better sign up for and read the WSJ today.

It is their opin. that Delta Creditors will give a thumbs down on US. furthering a "dead in the water proposal".

It is their opin. that Delta Creditors will give a thumbs down on US. furthering a "dead in the water proposal".

You may be right and they may reject the deal.....but the harm has already been done and the point was surely taken by Delta Airlines.... ;)

Mergers ONLY WORK when both companies are into it....hopefully to take over the world!

Frankly, our industry is the worst for mergers unless both companies brings with it something the other wants and needs.

everybody has an opinion.

Seems more and more likely that US won't get Delta. Life goes on.

But Delta won't get Delta either.

Sigueur el dinero.

Please elaborate on what harm has been done other than the animosities created between US and DL employees?
Well there is the time and $$$ wasted on buttons to start with. Add to that the huge distraction created at DL HDQ with Gerry and team running around in circles...Then we have the pilot group wasting their personal time off the clock dressing up in there uniforms for a roadtrip to DC..
Then more wasted $$$ for an ad in the USA Today followed up by some Jack-ass driving a truck around all day in in front of US HDQ.....Who is driving the truck??? Moak or Grinstein??
All these foolish actions by Delta were worth the laughs alone even if the deal doesn't go thru... :up:

Latest posts