Anti-Hostile Takeover Rally Tues Jan 23 @ 1300

Please elaborate on what harm has been done other than the animosities created between US and DL employees?

Glady....took all the Delta "attitude egos" down a notch and left them feeling pretty vulnerable. In my 18 years of flying the Delta attitude has been the worst of any other major in the Industry towards crewmembers of other carriers....not sure why though? Plain and simple it shows how vulnerable and unpredictable the Industry is....especially when USAirways can throw billions of dollars on the table to ACQUIRE Delta Airlines! :up:

it's not ignorance. it's the truth . there is no way delta's stand alone program will stand. not after the offer us has made. delta management cannot come up or beat usairways's offer . so either way delta is in play. if the us offer is not accepted (and there is a strong chance it won't) someone else will put in a bid. a stand alone plan will not fly for delta . it will either be sold out in peices or be bought out by either usairways or someone else. delta the way it used to be is done!! and as for the personal attacks. you do not know me personally so i would chill on that ok. and if you see me around campus. because i am assuming you know who i am. please feel free to say what you said to my face so that we can talk about it !!! because that's what a bunch of you do around here!! hide behind the f###in computer insulting people!! but when you actually see them in person your as nice as can be. please , please call me an idiot and a lapdog to my face!!i beg of you. i promise you on my 2 boys that i will give you a proper response!!
You dumb ass! If you want to be taken seriously, at least put caps at the beginning of your replys! :down:

ok ... #### . leave my kids out of this. only i have the right to mention my kids. don't be a [edited]. you wanna get personal ? i can do that . i might get sent to the corn field for this BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER but . your a [edited] who uses his computer to insult and talk ####. i am not gonna respond to your posts anymore cause you ain't worth a ####. this is not about delta or usairways . it's about an airline who is in trouble and it happens to be delta . back when it was usairways but now its not. circumstances have changed. am i threatening you? take it as you wish but i better not run into you at work and find out who you are. because you and i will have words. i promise. moderators, i apologize but this [edited] had it coming.
But :shock: USAir will be in trouble when it is all said and done

you guys are really waisting your time . delta is done wether us gets it or not.

Wow, you sure have changed your tune. I guess your true colors are finally coming out.

Glady....took all the Delta "attitude egos" down a notch and left them feeling pretty vulnerable. In my 18 years of flying the Delta attitude has been the worst of any other major in the Industry towards crewmembers of other carriers....not sure why though? Plain and simple it shows how vulnerable and unpredictable the Industry is....especially when USAirways can throw billions of dollars on the table to ACQUIRE Delta Airlines! :up:

Really? Well, in my 16 years in this industry, the only airline that put OAL employees in FC was DL and Virgin. I've commuted on NW, AA, UA, HP and NEVER was given FC for NO CHARGE. Conversely, every time a US pilot (or ANY airline employee) is j/s'ing on my flight-they're in FC. I'm sorry DL has treated all the OAL employees so awful. Maybe I'll just start reciprocating the service I get on everyone else when I commute. Heck, even when I was an HP employee, I had to pay extra for FC!

It's the hedge funds and banks that have been using Doug to fund the takeover. US Airways has very few assets of it's own. The financiers could care less about your job or mine. Hedge funds own over 50% of LCC stock. They only care about making a quick buck. The death of this stupid idea is the best thing that can happen to US employees as well as DL employees.

Wow, you sure have changed your tune. I guess your true colors are finally coming out.
Really? Well, in my 16 years in this industry, the only airline that put OAL employees in FC was DL and Virgin. I've commuted on NW, AA, UA, HP and NEVER was given FC for NO CHARGE. Conversely, every time a US pilot (or ANY airline employee) is j/s'ing on my flight-they're in FC.

Wasn't talking about Non-rev'ing or Jumpseating.....just in general in public.....at hotels, van sharing, airports..,.etc. US policy on F/C has always been bad for it's own employees let alone OAL employees.

It's the hedge funds and banks that have been using Doug to fund the takeover. US Airways has very few assets of it's own. The financiers could care less about your job or mine. Hedge funds own over 50% of LCC stock. They only care about making a quick buck. The death of this stupid idea is the best thing that can happen to US employees as well as DL employees.

I can't speak for OAL but you surely must be a rarity when on NW, as I have never seen an OAL employee NOT offered an empty seat onboard.

it's not ignorance. it's the truth . there is no way delta's stand alone program will stand. not after the offer us has made. delta management cannot come up or beat usairways's offer . so either way delta is in play. if the us offer is not accepted (and there is a strong chance it won't) someone else will put in a bid. a stand alone plan will not fly for delta . it will either be sold out in peices or be bought out by either usairways or someone else. delta the way it used to be is done!! and as for the personal attacks. you do not know me personally so i would chill on that ok. and if you see me around campus. because i am assuming you know who i am. please feel free to say what you said to my face so that we can talk about it !!! because that's what a bunch of you do around here!! hide behind the f###in computer insulting people!! but when you actually see them in person your as nice as can be. please , please call me an idiot and a lapdog to my face!!i beg of you. i promise you on my 2 boys that i will give you a proper response!!

cowardly_lion.jpg

Put 'em up, put 'em up! Which one of you first? I can fight you both together if you want. I can fight you with one paw tied behind my back. I can fight you standing on one foot. I can fight you with my eyes closed. Oh, pull an axe on me, eh? Sneaking up on me, eh? Why, I'll... Ruff!

especially when USAirways can throw billions of dollars on the table to ACQUIRE Delta Airlines! :up:

And that is exactly what I find comical as well. If these reports prove to be factual, Parker and his apparently unlimited funding, could not ACQUIRE Delta Airlines.
It would tell me the unsecured creditors committee saw something else wrong with Doug's plan even with all his assurances that it was such a great deal. But then again, this all comes from a man who claims his AW/US merge has progressed flawlessly.

ok lets get this straight . this is not a merger . it's a buyout. usairways is trying to buy delta airlines

Doesn't matter. ALPA bylaws still determine pilot seniority integration. Those fences would happen in a merge or acquisition.

Foolish to you maybe, but as employee of another airline, I've got nothing but respect for the people of Delta and their actions on behalf of their company.

And I'm not a fan of Delta by any stretch of the imagination either.

Agreed. This whole fiasco has reduced the profit sharing check we will receive. All the money US has spent trying to put this deal together is coming right off the top of the profits, and it is substantial.

When I open the closet door I see an Empire, Piedmont and Usairways uniform hanging....I wonder if I can make room for a Delta one......

First of all, I do NOT want this merger...period. We finally have a US Airways that has a pretty good route system. If we really want to span the country and world, we should be looking at NWA.

Having said that, my company has a wonderful opportunity to change an unfair image. It was with hope that the new management team (basically AWA) was innovative and enthusiastic about running a viable carrier that would value ma and pa customer AND the high paying biz traveler. If Wall Street believes in US Airways so much, how come we can't take a small amt of money to improve upon our product. We are a generic airline and offer NOTHING special. We are taking away when others are adding. Why would ANYONE at Delta not feel DP would do the same there?

DP has done alot of good for what was the old US Airways. We DO have jobs and are no longer in the uncertain position that we were in for so many years. The old US suffered for years. DP and his management team helped to save us....BUT....

when you are on your little ol sweet rally, please stop and remember that WE EMPLOYEES SAVED OURSELVES...US AIRWAYS!!! It was OUR SACRIFICE that has us where we are and CONTINUES to have us where we are. And remember that we went from the BEST contract to be WORST!! ALL groups did. Now we are making money. Don't paint the entire US Airways evil because a few guys want to conquer the world.

I would have never said a bad thing about Delta, but you guys DID shoot first with the insults and belittling of US Airways. I find that laughable considering your CEO's support of such slandering when it was no secret in the industry his intention to do his best to put US Airways out of business when we were in both Chapter 11's...something I'm sure each Delta employees knows nothing about and that your CEO would lie about and deny.

Your CEO is not faultess. How about questioning HIS failures. Ask him how he intends to keep you guys form chapter 11, part 2. You can't blame US Airways for YOUR BILLIONS LOST since 9/11. I've yet to see anything in HIS plan that will keep you guys from another trip to Chapter 11...just alot of anti US Airways/vague stand alone bullsh*t aimed at distracting from the fact that he LOST in HIS attempt to put US Airways out of business.

When at your rally, ask your ceo why he flooded the east coast with too much capacity...inparticularly in US Airways territory...why he continued to give pilots raises when the rest of the industry was bleeding money...including his own. Ask him about HIS mistakes and ask him why he should be trusted. I have gone through all of US Airways financial turmoils and let me tell you...we had flashes of hope with an occassional profit here or there with more loses than gains. Just because you have 1 good month doesnt mean you are out of the woods. His "see, we are making money" rhetoric is deceiving.. He is NO BETTER than Doug Parker. At least DP can make a buck.

Poetic justice..The hunter in now being hunted.

In this case, I hope the hunter realizes the price is not worth the price.

Now blast away!

Latest posts