Any good one day Non-Rev Trips?

I would also suggest NYC, but if you go into EWR the airport monrail takes you directly to the NJ train station. From there it the train takes you into Port Authority which is close to Macys and Times Square. Once in town get an all day metro card at $4.00 it allows you to hop on and off the subways and busses all over town.

What day trips you take depends on where you start. I have gone to Key West for the day. Walked the entire island so did not have to pay for a cab or rental car. New Orleans is also good with the the waterfront and French Quarter. I have not gone to MSP to shop at Mall of America for the day, but know many who have enjoyed this day trip. I have even known of co-workers who have flown to MYR, ATL, TPA ....etc just to get in 18 holes of golf. Day trips boil down to:
1) Can you get on standby there and back
2) Once there is it easy to get transportation to what you wish to see and do

If you are thinking about the west coast, probably shud skip SEA. Last three days since war started every flt oversold. So much for the war effecting our load factors. Guess we get the pay cut anyway.

----------------
On 3/22/2003 9:00:52 PM CCY wrote:

Oh, please drop by our HDQ. It is great to see the union employees take the CCY tour.

Once we emerge from BK in the next week or so, it will be great to be an employees with this company.

----------------​

I''ll be sure to do that as soon as SOME of the CCY people get out and join us in the real world of aviation. Might want to stop by an airport some time and see how things run at the airport, ya know where the airplanes are?

One can only hope things are better after the 1st. We''re all waiting to see exactly what Dave and his super team have planned for us.

----------------
On 3/22/2003 9:30:00 PM LavMan wrote:

I think the subilminal messages at CCY have brainwashed the folks that work up there.

----------------​

Let them drink BLUE Water, baby.

----------------
On 3/22/2003 9:00:52 PM CCY wrote:

I would recommend a day trip to DCA. There are many wonderful historic locations to visit.

Oh, please drop by our HDQ. It is great to see the union employees take the CCY tour.

Remember that everyone at CCY appreciates the dedication and effort that all of the front line employees have shown during this past year. Lets not forgot that without the great leadership of Siegel and his team, this company would most likely have been liquidated. I would also like to thank Jerry Glass and his Labor Relations team for their excellent negotiations in obtaining these concessions.

Once we emerge from BK in the next week or so, it will be great to be an employees with this company.

----------------​

I don''t suppose that CCY has customer tours to offer? It might be kind of fun to wave to Dave

BOS would be my first choice. You can take the T to Quincy Marketplace and find all kinds of goodies. Actually, you can eat your way through it! Tons and tons of goodies and a lot of the places offer free samples. Across from Fanueil Hall is a restaurant called The Purple Shamrock, which has the most delicious clam chowder in the world! I would also suggest renting a car and driving up to Salem, the scene of the 1692 Witch Trials. Lots of history there. Then if time permits, drive up to Gloucester, where they filmed "The Perfect Storm" and you can even meet some of the people the movie was based on. The tavern is called "The Crow''s Nest."

DCA is my second favorite, but I avoid the touristy stuff just because I''ve done it so much (lived there for 12 years). Mt. Vernon is my favorite site, but I also love to visit the memorials after dark (it''s perfectly safe). If you go to the Lincoln Memorial, be sure to walk around the outside (on the statue level) to the back. Look across the river and you can see the flame on Kennedy''s grave, right below the Custis-Lee mansion. And don''t miss Gravelly Point! Wanna see what our jets look like underneath? This is the place! The jets zoom overhead and you swear you could reach up and touch them. Like beer? Gatsby''s Tavern in Old Town Alexandria has over 300 brands in it''s collection. If you can''t find it there, it doesn''t exist. Happy traveling!

Latest posts