Any thoughts a new COO?

UnitedChicago,

No, the incident occured on a flight to PHX. I was waiting for my flight to STL, but happened to be sitting in a seat right next to the PHX flight's podium.

Thats the policy straight from WHQ all jetways pulled 5 minutes early,on time, on time, on time, due I need to say it again
30 minute cut off of check in from the tkt counter so these problems do not happen, but some times it happens.

bottom line...all airlines need to impart on pax the need to be on-time. ever fly in europe? they close flights 45 minutes prior to departure...no questions asked.

on average, i'd rather have a business model the closes a flight 5 minutes early than one that goes up to departure time.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 5:44:13 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

UnitedChicago,

I was right there witness to the entire incident. These folks had boarding passes in hand and had been sent from the ticket counter. The other agent at the gate even admitted that the flight wasn't even full. I'm just curious about what UA's policy is. It seems incredible to me that we'd turn away 3 revenue passengers 5 minutes prior to departure on a flight that isn't full that is still being loaded with bags.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Taipan was exactly right. We are being pushed VERY hard, to raise our ot dept DOT stats. This means we gotta send the trip. 5min b4 departure, revenue shows up, yes it would only take a min to throw them on in a perfect world, but with the TSA still enforcing their idiotic random gate screening of pax, one of thos 3 woulda had to be wanded, shoes off, and bags gone through. It's a recipe for a delay, not to mention, as stated earlier, a trip to the supv office to get told we are inefficient and unsuccesful agents. With what's going on with the company right now, I certainly don't need that too!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/7/2002 1:03:46 AM GGpillow wrote:

Taipan was exactly right. We are being pushed VERY hard, to raise our ot dept DOT stats. This means we gotta send the trip. 5min b4 departure, revenue shows up, yes it would only take a min to throw them on in a perfect world, but with the TSA still enforcing their idiotic random gate screening of pax, one of thos 3 woulda had to be wanded, shoes off, and bags gone through. It's a recipe for a delay, not to mention, as stated earlier, a trip to the supv office to get told we are inefficient and unsuccesful agents. With what's going on with the company right now, I certainly don't need that too!
"No good deed goes unpunished", should be the new motto for CS.
----------------
[/blockquote]

You do have to draw the line somewhere. We had 8 pax get lost somewhere between checkin and the gate in vegas (the slots were calling...). Unfortunately they had checked bags. It took 45 minutes to deplane those bags. If they don't show 5 prior, then maybe you have a shot at getting a few bags off and arriving on-time-14

I personally hope that this new guy brings in his own. If anyone at all. We need to see some fresh blood within these walls, and not that of our own being spilled out onto the table at our own expense.