Anyone know the acceptance rate for the recall?

P.S. You say you are in the next group of never recalled. Did I miss another announcement of recalls? Do you know when it will be effective? If so, please tell. How many did/will AA offer it to? Or are you just lumping yourself into the group of ~220 remaining furloughs that received unlimited recall? At the end of the day I hope you have a positive experience and come back ASAP, that is if you want to of course.
TWskyliner is in the group of approximately 220 who remain on the recall list and is high enough on the list to be included in the next group to be recalled regardless of when that were to occur.

So how big is the next group to be recalled?

There hasn't been one announced. Hopefully it will "clear" the list. It appears you all are still surprised when we challenge the wording of agreements, LOAs, SIAs, whatever. When you have language that is subject to such defined meaning and it isn't followed, it should be challenged. This is what keeps the union honest and hopefully on their toes when it comes to contractual language. That was the second thing I learned in union work. Never sign off on anything without ALL of the language in place. Too many times "intent" get reinterpreted. Then you don't need contract books that are the size of a small encyclopedia. 9 years away from the job has earned those people the right to do whatever they darn well please. As I previously stated, there are no do-overs. You go you're gone forever. I am surprised that people who have been flying for other carriers are coming back to AA after nine years.

You only challenge stuff when it suits you. The wording of the LOA is the same as all other recalls AA has had. Why should this one be any different? I don't remember anyone challenging it before. Not that I really paid any attention either. Like I said before, I hope it works. That way those that want to come back, can. After 10 years of TWA, nothing surprises any of us. Just the same old, same old. Just like AA, nothing ever changes except you are surprised when someone questions your motive and grandstanding. I agree they can "do whatever they darn well please" I just thought you all would look after each other a little better and help those that want to come back, come back sooner. Once again, I guess I was wrong and apologize for that. Please accept my humble apology.

Oh trust,,,this issue has not been concocted and why are you always so concerned with how many accept recall other than how many "new" people will be "beneath" YOU?
I am in the next group of never recalled and after the rollercoaster the apfa has put us through the last nine years, I have not decided if I want to get back on this ride. I will decide when I get the letter, I've earned that right, and most of my fellow co-workers feel that way. We communicate....and as far as accepting responsibility for ones actions/inactions you really should'nt go there.
Hey, Lots of nice great new recalls coming online, I welcome them with open arms! I also see that most, if not all, have decided to leave the negative attitude behind and be grateful for a job in this economic downturn. Please do the same !! Hope to see you online.

Hey, Lots of nice great new recalls coming online, I welcome them with open arms! I also see that most, if not all, have decided to leave the negative attitude behind and be grateful for a job in this economic downturn. Please do the same !! Hope to see you online.

It is not a negative attitude. It is fact. How you act on the place is simply a sign of ones professionalism.

It is not a negative attitude. It is fact. How you act on the place is simply a sign of ones professionalism.
True.... Great to see the recalls coming on the airplane with refreshing attitudes. You can sense the gratefulness come thru!

So how big is the next group to be recalled?
That has not been announced.

However, based upon history and, specifically, the size of the recent recall classes, I can assure you that TWskyliner is close enough to the top of the recall list to be included in the next group. Due to privacy concerns I will not go into any more specifics.

That has not been announced.

However, based upon history and, specifically, the size of the recent recall classes, I can assure you that TWskyliner is close enough to the top of the recall list to be included in the next group. Due to privacy concerns I will not go into any more specifics.
I'm sure the next recall will be the last with AA recalling all remaining F/As. Then onto new hires!!! Yippie!!!

Reactions: 2 people
No, I'm just the one that addressed it on this forum. Trust me it is being addressed by those affected. This is an LOA that does not have precedent so it doesn't fall into the "always" category. This allowed newhires to work while there are still people on furlough.
It has been over a month since this post. What has occurred in reference to the remedy that some people feel they are entitled to? Let me guess, nothing. With that, welcome back to the 79 recalls this saturday!

It has been over a month since this post. What has occurred in reference to the remedy that some people feel they are entitled to? Let me guess, nothing. With that, welcome back to the 79 recalls this saturday!

NOD filed and it is in the grievance process...it is what it is. Did you ever read the actual LOA language? Say what you mean and mean what you say..not "we've always done it this way" (when the language reads something different)
The rest on the list are anxious to receive their letters and get back to the air.

Reactions: 1 person
NOD filed and it is in the grievance process...it is what it is. Did you ever read the actual LOA language? Say what you mean and mean what you say..not "we've always done it this way" (when the language reads something different)
The rest on the list are anxious to receive their letters and get back to the air.
I hope to see all recalled soon. I'm feeling so unsettled with all this talk of AA filing BK. If that's the case...... who knows when and who knows if AA will be once again laying off.

I don't expect any more recall any time soon. The company just posted a proffer for six months leaves.
It does not make sense to recall more f/a's when you are given six months leaves.

I don't expect any more recall any time soon. The company just posted a proffer for six months leaves.
It does not make sense to recall more f/a's when you are given six months leaves.
Well we've been around long enough to know what makes sense to us usually does not make sense to the company. Also AA offered six month PLOA from May to Nov while recalling in Jun,Jul and Oct. so go figure. I do agree we wont see recalls for a long time.

Latest posts