Apfa Election, Tommie's Post Card

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Got Tommies post card today. Makes a few points.

Says Ward cut your union services, but forgot to cut your dues.

Ward handed you a paycut but forgot to take one himself.

Ward took credit for the 01 contract, but forgot to take credit for the 03 concessionary contract.

Ward said he couldn't get recall rights for the furloughees, but he forgot to tell you the pilots did.

Ward paints Tommie as the TWA seniority boogeyman, but forgot to tell you that she couldn't give them seniority EVEN IF SHE WANTED TO!

I know JW from my time at APFA in the early 90's hate to say I told you so. I save that for the few who raved about him in and told me I was a fool for not supporting him 01. I also kew Tommie when she was the liason for Flagship at the same time. I sent my full BACK THE RIGHT TRACK team full slate.

Last I did check Tommies card, it was printed by a union printer. I dont have one of JW's can anyone who does tell me if it was done by a union printer?

From numerous reviews by nAAtive f/as, it would appear that JW did not do too well. As to the furlough issue, it was very clear in Federal Court that JW could have extended furlough rights out to 7 or 10 years. There was a cost however as the AA Director of Labor relations made clear. Extension of pilot furloughs was "cost neutral" while extending furlough rights for f/as was to cost 7 million as I remember it. Do not quote me on that number but if you have a transcript of the court proceedings you can get an exact quote. To top it off, Ward used furlough pay as part of the concessions. It would have been the right thing to do to use some of that money to extend furlough rights rather than just take so much from those about to be furloughed to lessen the pain for those who would remain employed. Hopefully his numerous mistakes will cost him the election.

Not exact numbers, but you can do some calculating. The last approximately 1800 TWA F/As were all in the top pay bracket and entitled to two months furlough pay. My guess about 14 million. See what you come up with. Then around 1300 AA F/As that only get two weeks?

I see some other posts about the debate suggesting folks go to Ward's site to view the letter from attorney's to depose P. Gibbs and S. French. Ward attempts to use this as a big negative implying those two are going to be testifying for TWAers. In fact the exact opposite is true, they would be deposed to support APFA's case. This election appears to be generating near criminal behavior.

MiAAmi said:
Does anyone have the exact numbers on what the furlough pay would have been for both the senior and/or junior f/a's had it not been taken away?
It's immaterial. There's no way in the world anyone could calculate any value for furlough pay other than the one-time saving for 02JUL03. The company was looking for permanent, on-going concessions. Giving up furlough pay was a one-time thing. To me it was an obvious ploy to get one last hit at the former TWA flight attendants. I was just "collateral damage."