APFA Treasurer Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. You can't please all of the people alll of the time. Anyone elected is going to be smeared by somebody. Let's face it.

A5 passes are a perk that Lukensmeyer and Hutto Blake didn't know they would get until they retired. We've never had anyone retire immediately after holding office before them so we never knew it could be done. APA and TWU people had been doing it for years.

I think it is unfair to discount Alexis because she is near retirement age. She has been with the company 30 something years and has done a lot of union work. That is something to be commended not condemned. To not vote for her to try to hold her back from possibly getting A5 passes is petty.

A5 passes are not free they are paid at D2 rates. They just get a higher boarding priority. I happen to think it is great that flight attendants have found a way to get one over on the company. I don't look at it that they are getting one over on me or the line flight attendants.

I concur :)

In other words, for someone with Boilini's seniority, free in Y and only a symbolic service charge for J and F.
Anyone with over 25 years on the company payroll does not pay for J or F either on domestic flights. The real advantage to the A5 is the boarding priority and the fact it is pos space. If necessary the agent must bump a revenue passenger.

Anyone with over 25 years on the company payroll does not pay for J or F either on domestic flights. The real advantage to the A5 is the boarding priority and the fact it is pos space. If necessary the agent must bump a revenue passenger.

Now that I have been educated even more and as long as it does not cost the APFA money, I do not have a problem with this "perk" and acknowledge it is a nice thank you for providing service to the APFA which we all know can be a thankless job.

Anyone with over 25 years on the company payroll does not pay for J or F either on domestic flights.

That's incorrect.

Beginning at 25 years, international Y travel is free of service charges, but J and F are still carry service charges for both domestic and international travel. I suggest that you look up on Jetnet NRTP under the NRSA Charges tab.

For example: SFO-JFK service charges for 25 years employee/retiree are $67.80 for F and $30.18 for J.

The real advantage to the A5 is the boarding priority and the fact it is pos space. If necessary the agent must bump a revenue passenger.

Advantage is the boarding priority. A5 doesn't bump revenue. It is lower priority than A3. If they make it enough in advance they have a seat if they don't they stand by like we do coming home from EPTS or a deadhead.

Now that I have been educated even more and as long as it does not cost the APFA money, I do not have a problem with this "perk" and acknowledge it is a nice thank you for providing service to the APFA which we all know can be a thankless job.

question is, who is giving the thanks, the membership OR Arpey?

y'all really think THB and Lunkenmeyer deserved that perk?

handing that perk because of the "service" they both provided while in office to those two is akin to promoting the dumbest kid in class to the next grade level after 4 years mostly because he's getting older and the teachers don't want him in their class again next year.

sure nothing wrong with that....

As a new thread was started regarding the election results instead of adding to this thread, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts