APFA Treasurer Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for her. Now she will be able to retire with A5 passes.

This is why I love this site. I had no clue about the A5 passes and I am one to say I don´t agree with the A5 policy. How can we as a work group complain about golden parachutes for AA management while condoning the same thing for the APFA. I don´t care what the otrher unions are doing on the property, I want this policy to be done away with. If flight attendants don´t become involved in the union because of their own conviction then they shouldn´t expect pay backs for doing the job.

This is why I love this site. I had no clue about the A5 passes and I am one to say I don´t agree with the A5 policy. How can we as a work group complain about golden parachutes for AA management while condoning the same thing for the APFA. I don´t care what the otrher unions are doing on the property, I want this policy to be done away with. If flight attendants don´t become involved in the union because of their own conviction then they shouldn´t expect pay backs for doing the job.

I am all for A5 passes at retirement.
I see the sentiment about doing a public service but union work is time consuming and a personal sacrifice. You may not like the job they do but it certainly isn't a walk in the park. I'd rather fly. If someone wants to step up to the plate for me and try to make a difference and they are senior enough to retire afterward and get A5 passes I say good for them.

I thought only the former presidents got the A5's, and only if they retired as an employee while in office. Only one I know of for certain who got them as a retiree was Koziatek at the TWU.

I thought only the former presidents got the A5's, and only if they retired as an employee while in office. Only one I know of for certain who got them as a retiree was Koziatek at the TWU.

Tommie Hutto-Blake, former APFA president, and Cathy Lukensmeyer, former APFA treasurer, both retired with A5 unlimited positive-space lifetime travel.

All union officers who retire while in office get to keep the A5 boarding priority into retirement. The A5 pass is similar to the lifetime unlimited AAirpass, which last sold in 2004 for approximately $3 million dollars.

Nice retirement perk.

Tommie Hutto-Blake, former APFA president, and Cathy Lukensmeyer, former APFA treasurer, both retired with A5 unlimited positive-space lifetime travel.

All union officers who retire while in office get to keep the A5 boarding priority into retirement. The A5 pass is similar to the lifetime unlimited AAirpass, which last sold in 2004 for approximately $3 million dollars.

Nice retirement perk.

And you all keep voting in more of the same.

If they want to step up to the plate and try to make a difference????? Sorry.....that is not enough......you have to make a difference, not just try......I am tired of hearing bull about how hard it is how much work it takes blah blah blah......Never confuse activity with accomplishment!!!!

BUTCH!!!

I am all for A5 passes at retirement.
I see the sentiment about doing a public service but union work is time consuming and a personal sacrifice. You may not like the job they do but it certainly isn't a walk in the park. I'd rather fly. If someone wants to step up to the plate for me and try to make a difference and they are senior enough to retire afterward and get A5 passes I say good for them.

If they want to step up to the plate and try to make a difference????? Sorry.....that is not enough......you have to make a difference, not just try......I am tired of hearing bull about how hard it is how much work it takes blah blah blah......Never confuse activity with accomplishment!!!!

BUTCH!!!

You to can make a difference if you want.

I voted for Michael Parker. I considered the other candidates and eliminated each for various reasons. I don't think Michael has ever been based in NY so I don't think I've ever met him.

I couldn't vote for that guy Morales from Dallas because I've heard too many things from people based there about his abilities and work ethic, or lack thereof.

I couldn't vote for Boilini because we have mutual friends and she has said that Boilini wants to retire after ths term in office.

Baumert's reports are interesting, but he has never shown any interest in helpng the membership except on the National level.

I think Parker is going to take it, with Baumert a close second, based on what I've been hearing from other NY-based flight attendants/

I think Parker is going to take it, with Baumert a close second, based on what I've been hearing from other NY-based flight attendants/

when this happens be prepared for the same ole posturing & inaction from the administration, trip removals for their cronies, and padding of schedules, and the "I was there but not aware it was happening" blahblahblahs until the next National Officers election in 2 years, in which then the same ole experienced names will be elected to take over from the present administration...then they can all retire with perks usually given to Management and make you wonder if they were into it for themselves or for the membership, which everyone knows it's always the former and not the latter reason they run for office.

Oh and btw, with a chance to make a change now by electing an outsider NOW, and not taking it, I do hope that all of you will stop complaining about how inadequate and useless the APFA is to the real needs of the membership.

when this happens be prepared for the same ole posturing & inaction from the administration, trip removals for their cronies, and padding of schedules, and the "I was there but not aware it was happening" blahblahblahs until the next National Officers election in 2 years, in which then the same ole experienced names will be elected to take over from the present administration...then they can all retire with perks usually given to Management and make you wonder if they were into it for themselves or for the membership, which everyone knows it's always the former and not the latter reason they run for office.

Oh and btw, with a chance to make a change now by electing an outsider NOW, and not taking it, I do hope that all of you will stop complaining about how inadequate and useless the APFA is to the real needs of the membership.

These "same ole experienced names" have been doing a great job over the last 33 years. The original "same ole people" are the ones who started the APFA from scratch. We have total control over our destiny and do not have to ask a national organization for the items we decide to fight for. You can thank line flight attendants in 1977. Yes, LINE flight attendants. I have no problem whatsoever with someone doing lifetime union work. You know why? Because they get better at it! I also don't understand why flight attendants have such a problem with trip removals. Anyone who does union work knows that most of the time it is a cut in pay. We may not always agree on specific items because we all come from different situations but calling the APFA useless makes me think you have a major axe to grind!

btw....if the APFA was so inadequate then why is it that we arguably have one of the better flight attendant contracts even compared to other national unions?

Where do you get your information, and most of the post regarding this thread haven't been complaining, The only outsider I'd consider is Rodney, but I din't feel it was the time to do that now. And so what if Boiloni wants to retire after this, is she senior to you.

You to can make a difference if you want.

exactly. You can't please all of the people alll of the time. Anyone elected is going to be smeared by somebody. Let's face it.

A5 passes are a perk that Lukensmeyer and Hutto Blake didn't know they would get until they retired. We've never had anyone retire immediately after holding office before them so we never knew it could be done. APA and TWU people had been doing it for years.

I think it is unfair to discount Alexis because she is near retirement age. She has been with the company 30 something years and has done a lot of union work. That is something to be commended not condemned. To not vote for her to try to hold her back from possibly getting A5 passes is petty.

A5 passes are not free they are paid at D2 rates. They just get a higher boarding priority. I happen to think it is great that flight attendants have found a way to get one over on the company. I don't look at it that they are getting one over on me or the line flight attendants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts