APFA Treasurer Results

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
Needless to say I am voting for Baumert......AGAIN.

APFA NATIONAL TREASURER ELECTION

The National Ballot Committee along with BallotPoint Election Services certified the results of the APFA Treasurer election on June 24, 2010.

Steven Baumert received 1289 votes, Alexis Boilini received 972 votes, Rodney McGinn received 199 votes, Samuel Morales received 395 votes and Michael Parker received 1142 votes. The Official Results are posted here.

Since no candidate received 50% plus 1 of the valid votes counted there will be a Run-Off election between the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes. Therefore, Steven Baumert and Michael Parker will be in a Run-Off election.

Ballots will be mailed to all APFA members on July 3 , 2010 and are due with polls closing by 1000 CT on August 2, 2010.

28% voted..must make you all proud. I wonder if another resolution can be brought forth to narrow the vote even more?

Nancy, I don't think the percentage is that high. The total votes listed here is 3997. There are over 16,000 active f/as. Add in the furloughees and you are approaching 18,000. The percentage is between 18 and 25%. Democracy at work!

People chose not to vote. Democracy was in action. It is their choice, too bad some don't agree with others choices.

90 plus percent vote a few months ago for something that will probably not ever happen, while less than 25% vote for something that will affect every day of their career.
Brilliant!!!

Nancy, I don't think the percentage is that high. The total votes listed here is 3997. There are over 16,000 active f/as. Add in the furloughees and you are approaching 18,000. The percentage is between 18 and 25%. Democracy at work!

Jim, not all active are eligible to vote. That is why the strike vote resuls are so "interesting". You have dues objectors or agency fee members (probably 2000+), plus those out on assorted leaves that are not dues current. You can make the numbers read anyway you need them to read.

Ah democracy, the APFA way. It is only democractic now that the regular voters have been denied their vote. No vote yet dues payments are due upon recall. That is true democracy in action. You just have to love it.

People chose not to vote. Democracy was in action. It is their choice, too bad some don't agree with others choices.

I agree with Jim. This was a very pathetic turn out. For God sakes people it's only a stamp to return the ballot.

Too bad you are wrong, it doesn't even take a stamp. Online or phone voting only. People don't care, and that is their right to not care. I wish more voted and cared, but that is their choice. For some reason, certain former employees seem to care more about this than we do. Why, I have no idea. Whatever. People vote when they feel it is important. This didn't reach that point for most. Simple as that.

And how many times did the DOL intervene and reversed elections at the APFA and re-counted ballots? Remember the RPA? Vote twice until you got it right.

APFA is nothing but a sham of a Union.

And how many times did the DOL intervene and reversed elections at the APFA and re-counted ballots? Remember the RPA? Vote twice until you got it right.

APFA is nothing but a sham of a Union.

Well, I'm just as dissapointed in APFA as much as you are. LG lied to my face and when my buddy bidder confronted her about it, she denied ever having spoken to either one us on our flight. But, as long as you voted, you have a right to complain and rattle the cages. I voted for Steve and I'm going to vote for him again.

Wait until you see the contract delivered to you and the rest of us. It will be laughable. Restore And More.........Snore.

I agree with Jim. This was a very pathetic turn out. For God sakes people it's only a stamp to return the ballot.

A stamp hmmn? If you even are an American Airlines flight attendant we know right now who didn't vote in the strike ballot or for treasurer.

DELETED BY MODERATOR: Namecalling will not be tolerated. Last warning.

Bitter, bitter, bitter!!! I see time has not made people move on.

How can he move on when all he wants is his job? This ineffective sorority has failed to RESTORE jobs, has allowed the company to dictate this entire round of negotiations, (how much has the comapny moved off openers vs the APFA?) and when he actually voted, rather than take 5 seconds to mark a ballot, a very select few managed to vote in a poll tax. My career was ended by this poser union and I and many others will do whatever necessary to ensure ALL are represented. And while I may be retired, the elected officers have a potential affect on any/all benefits current and future retirees will receive. Call it what you may...bitter? no activism?yes

You all have a chance to shake the tree. Lets see if you're brave enough to follow through.

A stamp hmmn? If you even are an American Airlines flight attendant we know right now who didn't vote in the strike ballot or for treasurer.

Edited by moderator to remove deleted namecalling.

I am a furloughed AA f/a that refuses to pay a Poll Tax to stay current in my Union dues. TWA f/as voted in large numbers on many Union related issues.

The current contract proposals have 11 issues outstanding and the company is not shaking in their boots with your threat of CHAOS.

You are correct about the stamp it was a phone vote. I just remember sending in previous ballots by mail.

A reminder: Any member of AirlineForums.com may post on any forum on any topic. Employment at a particular airline or in a particular job category is not a requirement. You do not decide who does or does not post.

Any more posts of the "trolls" or "you don't belong here" ilk will result in time off and moderator preview. There will not be another warning. Posts have been deleted. Time off can be easily arranged.