APFA Treasurer Results

floatingon9

Mar 10, 2010
Special Hotline Update for Monday, August 2, 2010 – APFA National Treasurer Run-Off Election Results

This is APFA National Ballot Committee Chairperson, Gay Floyd, with the results of the National Treasurer Run-Off Election results.

The National Ballot Committee has certified the results of the Treasurer Run-Off election. The results are as follows: Steven Baumert received 2,247 votes. Michael Parker received 1,863 votes. There were 14,085 eligible voters, for which 4,110 cast ballots, representing 29.2% of the eligible voters. Of the 4,110 ballots received, 3,590 (87.3%) were cast via the telephone, and 520 (12.7%) were cast via the Web. There were 97 ballots declared void. Steven Baumert will assume office immediately for the remainder of the four year term ending March 31, 2012.

Way to go Steven!!! The same old song and dance with the R2R slate has been busted up!!! I hope LG, BD, DP and all the base chairs are blanking in their pants!!!

Special Hotline Update for Monday, August 2, 2010 – APFA National Treasurer Run-Off Election Results

This is APFA National Ballot Committee Chairperson, Gay Floyd, with the results of the National Treasurer Run-Off Election results.

The National Ballot Committee has certified the results of the Treasurer Run-Off election. The results are as follows: Steven Baumert received 2,247 votes. Michael Parker received 1,863 votes. There were 14,085 eligible voters, for which 4,110 cast ballots, representing 29.2% of the eligible voters. Of the 4,110 ballots received, 3,590 (87.3%) were cast via the telephone, and 520 (12.7%) were cast via the Web. There were 97 ballots declared void. Steven Baumert will assume office immediately for the remainder of the four year term ending March 31, 2012.

Way to go Steven!!! The same old song and dance with the R2R slate has been busted up!!! I hope LG, BD, DP and all the base chairs are blanking in their pants!!!

This was not a referendum on Laura Glading. Nice try but with only 4110 people voting I think it shows that Steven Baumert has a lot of support and a strong following from his Baumert Report. Congratulations to him and I hope he makes it a priority to go after those that don't pay their union dues.

This was not a referendum on Laura Glading. Nice try but with only 4110 people voting I think it shows that Steven Baumert has a lot of support and a strong following from his Baumert Report. Congratulations to him and I hope he makes it a priority to go after those that don't pay their union dues.

He also needs to study up yesterday on costing out our contract, and understand the cause and effect each article was and is. He will be an intricle part of our new contract. Some think you only need to review it (contract) and that comes from the ones who fly..imagine not flying.

From what I read the Flight Attendant union could use some new faces - like the pilot union.

Keep on reading dude because you have no clue about what is going on. If you think that electing a new treasurer and that Laura Glading is a "radical" then you have no idea of what you are talking about. But keep on looking from the outside and believing that you are smarter then those of us who actually work for an airline and chime in from time to time with your digs and ignorance.

Reactions: 1 person
Keep on reading dude because you have no clue about what is going on. If you think that electing a new treasurer and that Laura Glading is a "radical" then you have no idea of what you are talking about. But keep on looking from the outside and believing that you are smarter then those of us who actually work for an airline and chime in from time to time with your digs and ignorance.

Never said Ms. Gladding is a radical, and I have no reason to believe I'm smarter than you. But don't be so quick to dismiss a perpsective just because it doesn't line up with yours. From where I sit,what's going on with AA and it's uinions isn't working - hence the new faces.

Can you name a time and a place when it was woking between AA and its unions? A new face at APFA will not change the culture between the management and ALL of its unions.

Hey Mikey,

Miss flying with ya and reading your posts!! The above so true. Not sure what you think, but some think the new treasurer will change the APFA world and expose Laura of what I don't know.

Are you coming back??

Well said, Expose her for being one of the few people willing and able to take the thankless job of running the day to day operation of the union. I knew Steve from flying in Miami. He is a nice guy and a good worker, but I wouldn't care to have him handle my finances or that of my unions. Just my personal opinion.

As for coming back, no. It was time for me to make a change, and I am very happy I did. Although I do miss some of the people and certain aspects of the job. I have no regrets and even in hindsight I wouldn't change or trade a second of my time there.