usairways addresses the twu incident on usdaily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is it whoring itself when it is in the ESE contract at NWA to perform the work?

And dont forget NWA imposed a new contract on the AMTs at NWA and the work is no longer theirs.

And without a union you better hope you are in the top 700 otherwise you won't be there.
Hey if it makes you feel better to beleive what the IAM did was okay then go ahead. Facts are Facts and performing work that was done by a group who is now on strike makes you a scab. The more you post 700 the more people you turn against the IAM.

An amazing thread, I for one appreciate the education.

Sit back and imagine the thoughts of managers in PHL and Tempe. This incident is probably better than anything they could have wished for. I always wondered why in bankruptcy they didn't force the rejection of the IAM contract (and the obvious strike to follow), just to clean up the PHL problem. Obviously they were just waiting for the union to kill itself.

And for Bob Ownes, who only wants a decent paycheck: work for a company that makes money, or one that is not subject to market forces. Or better yet go work for yourself. The golden goose is loose and you are without a rope.

Update Article

“The machinists union and our offices are cooperating with the authorities, but it’s not fair to rush to judgment until all the facts are known,â€￾ said Joe Tiberi.

Pat Rezler, president of TWU Local 580, said the TWU members haven’t called for an election yet, but the union has until Feb. 27 to turn in interest cards from those employees who want to vote.

An amazing thread, I for one appreciate the education.

I always wondered why in bankruptcy they didn't force the rejection of the IAM contract (and the obvious strike to follow), just to clean up the PHL problem. Obviously they were just waiting for the union to kill itself.
you know ,its like this....everyone hates/despises certain union officials in their respective locals and wants to get them out of office....but in reality,vote in IBT,AMFA or Howdy Doody and these same people will in all likelyhood still be the ones running the locals because nobody wants to get involved or take the time.

same goes for busting the union in PHL....you'd end up with the same clowns working the same station.
ever hear tale of all the troubles in PHL and elsewhere with backround checks and drug tests for fleet positions? :lol:

catch 22 ;)

FBI may probe beating of organizers.

Don’t go to bed, with no price on your head - No, no, don’t do it.
Don’t do the crime, if you can’t do the time - Yeah, don’t do it.
And keep your eye on the sparrow.
When the going gets narrow.

Don’t do it, don’t do it.
Where can I go where the cold winds don’t blow,
Now. Well, well, well.

Hey 700 just for you from TWU

February 14, 2006
Yesterday Transport Workers Union Local 580, as required by the National Mediation Board, submitted representation cards from the IAM employees. At 4:00pm Eastern Standard time the cards were submitted to the NMB. TWU local 580 is now awaiting a response and confirmation on the total amount submitted and confirmed by the NMB. If enough cards are confirmed by the NMB, TWU local 580 will be put into a position to possibly call for an election. However, an election by the NMB has some serious consequences. The NMB requires that at least 50% + 1 of the combined work force must vote and the majority winner of that would be the surviving union. If 50% + 1 of the combined work force doesn't vote we could be placed right back where we were in 1999, which is AT WILL EMPLOYEES with no union.

Fraternally,
Local 580 Executive Board.

you know ,its like this....everyone hates/despises certain union officials in their respective locals and wants to get them out of office....but in reality,vote in IBT,AMFA or Howdy Doody and these same people will in all likelyhood still be the ones running the locals because nobody wants to get involved or take the time.

same goes for busting the union in PHL....you'd end up with the same clowns working the same station.
ever hear tale of all the troubles in PHL and elsewhere with backround checks and drug tests for fleet positions? :lol:

catch 22 ;)
IMO
I think the PHL gang just bit off more than they can chew
What took place was due to the fact that the iam is out abd the TWU will soon be in

Hey 700 just for you from TWU

February 14, 2006
However, an election by the NMB has some serious consequences. The NMB requires that at least 50% + 1 of the combined work force must vote and the majority winner of that would be the surviving union. If 50% + 1 of the combined work force doesn't vote we could be placed right back where we were in 1999, which is AT WILL EMPLOYEES with no union.

So what is the TWU saying?

If we don't have the cards we will take the decertification option and say we don't want a vote?
Or, will they say we have the cards but we won't risk having our members 'at will'?
Or, will they say screw the membership we have a point to make regardless of the consequences?

So what is the TWU saying?

If we don't have the cards we will take the decertification option and say we don't want a vote?
Or, will they say we have the cards but we won't risk having our members 'at will'?
Or, will they say screw the membership we have a point to make regardless of the consequences?

What i believe TWU is saying is that they have the cards to call a vote but are worried to do so, TWU is already at risk of losing about 800 workers due to the outsorcing in the IAM contract they dont want to lose more. I have heard that TWU leadership has contacted the IAM for an East/WEST agreement and the IAM has refused. if the IAM is so worried about losing or being decertified how come they wont take the east/west option?

What i believe TWU is saying is that they have the cards to call a vote but are worried to do so, TWU is already at risk of losing about 800 workers due to the outsorcing in the IAM contract they dont want to lose more. I have heard that TWU leadership has contacted the IAM for an East/WEST agreement and the IAM has refused. if the IAM is so worried about losing or being decertified how come they wont take the east/west option?

If that is IAM's choice, then decertification may be the most viable option. Perhaps that will be the motivation we need to look for other jobs.

barbee, I agree with last part of your post. If the union is decertifed it's time to look if not already. I may need that to just to go ahead & retire & move on....

I'm already mentally getting things lined up. Sad thing is that I'm accustomed to making a good amount of money with overtime and all. I'd have to find a high hourly wage to match this and those are far and few between, now. Wonder how much meth lab technicians make... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts