usairways addresses the twu incident on usdaily

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beleive this has been discussed numerous times, I love how you IAM mouth pieces actually believe what the IAM did at NWA wasn't scabbing! When you perform work that a group was doing that is now on strike you are a SCAB!! :down:
mouth piece....make me laugh...someday i'll tell you a secret.... :lol:

so IAM walks at an AMFA gig and all are fired....IAM is forced to oblige or let those fleet out the door.... you make the call on someone elses job
easy when you aren't involved mister armchair unionist.

Whew! I just can't believe what I've just read over the past 3 pages. I'm getting a crash course in Union Business 101. This is one reason I've never gone out of my way to seek employment as a unionized worker. Don't need anyone beating the crap out of me or my fellow co-workers cause we choose to disagree.

This is America...Not Iran...Not anywhere else but America. We've committed sins, were not perfect, but we have a constitution and a bill of rights that allows us the right to assemble and the right to express our views (called freedom of speech). Many people have died protecting these basic freedoms, including those who didn't have that freedom at the time they died. Anyone obstructing these rights are subject to criminal penalty. I'm with Piney.

Sorry, but no amount of cognative dissonance on your part can equate some union lowlife goon murdering someone over a job to what soldiers do in the armed services during a war.

Its amazing the lengths you union people will go to convince yourself that you aren't breaking a law.

Brainwashed is what you are.

When it boils right down to it, it is a criminal matter which unions and their members are involved. And to hell with any union trying to cover it up as one previous poster suggested. It's criminal and inhumane.

Thanks Eric,

Apparently the union motto is "If you can't beat them, then beat on them"

Hey Dell,

Mary Jo wanted to marry Ted Kennedy! His reply was "Mary Jo we'll cross that bridge when we get to it"

Hey, when the Kennedy family finds that protestant bas$$rd that built that bridge, there will be hell to pay.

Sorry, but no amount of cognative dissonance on your part can equate some union lowlife goon murdering someone over a job to what soldiers do in the armed services during a war.

Its amazing the lengths you union people will go to convince yourself that you aren't breaking a law.

Brainwashed is what you are.

Who is the one who is brainwashed?

Union leaders that have others attack someone who threatens their objectives is the same thing morally as when a President orders his troops to attack based on the same thing. The only differences are that a lot more people are killed when the President does it and the law allows it.

During the first Gulf War Bush cabinet member Regan said that the reason we were going to war was for "American jobs". So our government has killed for jobs before.

We attacked Iraq because the Bush Administration claimed they threatened "our interests". Law is only the rules set in place by those with power, they are not always just but they almost always are set in order to keep those in power in power.The fact that the law allows the government to attack and kill those whom our leaders feel threaten their interests does not make it right, just as when a union leader encourages his members to attack scabs.

Eric
We've committed sins, were not perfect, but we have a constitution and a bill of rights that allows us the right to assemble and the right to express our views (called freedom of speech).

If Bush has his way we wont for much longer. Besides the courts are already working to diminish that right by claiming that "the government" can not supress that right, however it gives other institutions the right to use whatever means are at their disposal to thwart these rights. If your Boss does not like your political position he can fire you. With corporations becoming the dominant Institutions of society, surpassing the church and government, our laws are not geared to protect our cherished rights from corporate interference. Corporations have been given rights that are superior to people. Eisenhower warned us 40 years ago to beware of the military Industrial complex, his warnings went unheaded, they now control our government.

AIRWOMAN
When it boils right down to it, it is a criminal matter which unions and their members are involved. And to hell with any union trying to cover it up as one previous poster suggested. It's criminal and inhumane.

Coming from someone who supports a corrupt union like the TWU I'll pass that off as ignorance.

The way the TWU International abuses their power and screws over their members they should be thankful that those they have screwed have not resorted to worse. Violence is an abuse of power, however its not the only way power is abused, one of the reasons why the poor resort to violence more often than others is because that is the only means at their disposal. So for those who have power with the means to exercise power without violence and use it to abuse others its very handy to take this high minded position towards violence, it secures an advantage, however all things need checks and balances, those with such power may be less inclined to use it abusivly towards others if the risk of violent retaliation is real. Our court system was supposed to provide remedy without violence but the laws and the interpretation of laws have become so skewed toward those with power that for most following that path is an exercise in futility. Futility leads to desperation and that often leads to violence.

The fact is I dont know all the details of what happened in Philly, neither do you. Perhaps these were just thugs, perhaps they were incited by the lies and distortions of the TWU, after all the TWU was the union that set the standard for concessions that the IAM was forced to meet, now the TWU is verbally attacking the IAM for meeting the standards of the TWU, but to just make a blanket statement that any violent act is wrong, no matter what led to it is wrong and hypocritical.

I never said that I thought the killing of scabs was right. I just said it was less of an injustice than when an innocent bystander was harmed. Scabbing is not freedom of speech, it is coveting.

Who is the one who is brainwashed?

Not me!

Coming from someone who supports a corrupt union like the TWU I'll pass that off as ignorance.

AIRWOMAN

Did I say I supported the TWU?? NO! Read my post. It's not supportive of any union in a matter like this. It is in support of the right not to be beaten.

mouth piece....make me laugh...someday i'll tell you a secret.... :lol:

so IAM walks at an AMFA gig and all are fired....IAM is forced to oblige or let those fleet out the door.... you make the call on someone elses job
easy when you aren't involved mister armchair unionist.
You just can't accept the fact that the organazation you love so much is now a SCAB union. And to address the mouth piece issue there are only 2 guys on this board that defend the IAM yourself and one other. True unionist wouldn't have allowed it's members to start doing struck work willingly. Everybody understands the hatred the IAM has for the AMFA but to whore itself out to NWA management to try and stick it to an organazation shows the true disregard to union men and women all over the country. Tell me how this advanced the workers position in the IAM all it did was keep dues coming in so the International Goons at the top could continue living their CEO lifestyle that they say they are against! I understand nobody wants to lose their job due to a strike but to continue to be managments puppets the IAM is only going to continue to get smaller! The LEADERSHIP does a bad job conveying to members that the most powerful tool we have as workers is the right to strike! If management is allowed to use bankruptcy court to screw it's workers the unions are going to have to take a stand and use the only tool they have the STRIKE! Unfortunatly because of past precedent more and more people are getting away from the whole union philosophy and with the recent actions of the IAM such as brawls, FEC violations, and allowing members to cross picket lines most peoples thoughts are I'm getting screwed with the union why should I pay union dues I can get screwed without a union! Now more than ever American workers need a voice but until labor organazations start acting professional and working togather the decline of the worker will continue. Times have changed and unfortunatly I don't think the labor movement has done a very good job adapting to change.

Who is it whoring itself when it is in the ESE contract at NWA to perform the work?

And dont forget NWA imposed a new contract on the AMTs at NWA and the work is no longer theirs.

And without a union you better hope you are in the top 700 otherwise you won't be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts