usairways addresses the twu incident on usdaily

Status
Not open for further replies.

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
PHILADELPHIA TWU INCIDENT
Many of you have probably heard about the incident in Philadelphia this past Wednesday in which several representatives of the Transport Workers Union (not US Airways employees but reps from the international office) suffered injuries at the hands of individuals who are alleged to be US Airways employees. From what we know, the incident occurred at an airport hotel where the TWU was holding a meeting. Two TWU representatives sustained injuries that required hospital care and local authorities were called to the scene. A police investigation is underway and we are cooperating fully. In addition, US Airways is conducting its own rigorous investigation.

The incident itself -- while egregious, is an isolated incident and not at all representative of the fine work our employees are doing at all locations to successfully merge our airline into the premier, full service/low cost airline. The alleged incident is extremely concerning and is against US Airways’ standards and Code of Conduct. US Airways deplores acts of violence, intimidation, and harassment against or by any employee, and has zero tolerance for aggressive behavior.

This philosophy comes directly from the top of our company and should be embraced by every employee at our airline.

PHILADELPHIA TWU INCIDENT
Many of you have probably heard about the incident in Philadelphia this past Wednesday in which several representatives of the Transport Workers Union (not US Airways employees but reps from the international office) suffered injuries at the hands of individuals who are alleged to be US Airways employees. From what we know, the incident occurred at an airport hotel where the TWU was holding a meeting. Two TWU representatives sustained injuries that required hospital care and local authorities were called to the scene. A police investigation is underway and we are cooperating fully. In addition, US Airways is conducting its own rigorous investigation.

The incident itself -- while egregious, is an isolated incident and not at all representative of the fine work our employees are doing at all locations to successfully merge our airline into the premier, full service/low cost airline. The alleged incident is extremely concerning and is against US Airways’ standards and Code of Conduct. US Airways deplores acts of violence, intimidation, and harassment against or by any employee, and has zero tolerance for aggressive behavior.

This philosophy comes directly from the top of our company and should be embraced by every employee at our airline.
Let's hope they do get fired . . and see how long it takes the IAM to grieve the firing!

US Airways deplores acts of violence, intimidation, and harassment against or by any employee, and has zero tolerance for aggressive behavior......And What About THE IAM??????????? :mf_boff:
PS good job on the flight crew returns DP.

This was posted by one of our flight attendants (Aw/West) in the AFA board

My crew worked the PHL-PHX 9:50am flight on Thursday morning. We were met by a very friendly Inflight Sup. from PHL who explain the "brawl" and wanted to make sure that we were not intimidated by coming to PHL. We had not heard of this incident prior to arrival at the aircraft and we were wondering why all of these pilots and flight crews from US Airways East were making such a big effort to smile and say "Hi" to us as we walked through the airport terminal. Now we know why! On our flight PHX-PHL on Wednesday, we had D. Parker, C.A. Hewlett, L. LaSeuer and a handful of PHL Inflight Managers and Supervisers. All were very friendly and answered any and all of the questions that we asked.

The company suspended quite a few today, and rumor has it that one was fired. The one rumored to be fired is an AGC. I'm pretty sure the suspensions are pending further investigation and will lead to terminations.

The company suspended quite a few today, and rumor has it that one was fired. The one rumored to be fired is an AGC. I'm pretty sure the suspensions are pending further investigation and will lead to terminations.

I am glad that this is happening quickly.

FIRE ALL THEIR ASSES!!!!! AND GET RID OF THE FREAKIN I.A.M!!!! the intimidation has to stop. phl will never get fixed until people like this get taken out of the company. i realize that not all i.a.m members are this way but this is just iresponsible and embarrasing behavior on the i.a.m's part.

"US Airways deplores acts of violence, intimidation, and harassment against or by any employee"

Biggest understatement of the year. Obviously didn't apply to Dr. Bronner threatening to 'liquidate' the company constantly to the employee group if he didn't get his way. Or what about Siegel's famous "Southwest is coming to kill us" speech? Must be only a one way rule.

Like I posted in the other thread, I am for the IAM. Be assured the IAM does not condone what a few did in PHL...
My thoughts & prayers are with those who were injured weither I agree with them or not. I pray for their speedy recovery.

Whats all the fuss about? How serious are the injuries?
After all they were finally living up to their nickname "The fighting Machinists", too bad they chose to fight a company union instead of a company.

Kidding aside, having been a TWU member for around 20 years, you guys do not want them.

All you get from them are lies and concessions.

It starts at the top.

Jim Little.

About as phoney as they get.
On the TWU web site they have his BIO. He talks about his degrees. He claims to have a Batchelors and a Masters Degree. Sounds impressive right? However those degrees are bogus. They were issued from Columbia STATE University, a diploma mill that was shut down by the government.Phony schools take on names that make them sound credible, such as Columbia State University, sounds a lot like Columbia University in NYC, which is a very good school.

Another thing that Little leaves out of his BIO is the fact that he spent many years in management at AA. Thats right. Management. Perhaps thats why he sounds so much like management when he demanded that the IAM and USAIR fire anyone involved. What if someone was involved but did not hit anyone?

Before you vote for the TWU walk over to a TWU represented worker at AA who is not on union payroll and ask them what they think of the TWU. Its known as "The Worst Union".

Most if not a majority of the people on these boards do nothing to better their, or any union. How many of you are active other than lip service or to criticize "the union" as if they are not part of it. As I stated before the TWU is irresponsible for pushing for a union election that will almost certainly cause 8000 union brothers and sisters to become decertified. The TWU is no stranger to violence! and has caused more harm to the labor movement with things like the "B" scale of pay, the company within a company {AMR}. This is a way for a company to opereate a "second" company with cheaper pay and benifits...ect. Ask the old TWA how well they faired with this union when their seniority was eliminated and they ended up on the bottom of American Airline's seniority list. AND AS FAR AS BEING A COMPANY UNION ASK THE PRESIDENT OF LOCAL 580 PAT REZLEER WHO HIS CHILDS GODFATHER IS......ANTHONY MULE' :eek:

Perhaps thats why he sounds so much like management when he demanded that the IAM and USAIR fire anyone involved. What if someone was involved but did not hit anyone?
If someone went over to the hotel with this group of thugs, and did nothing to try and prevent it, they are still "involved" and should be fired as well. It's called being an accomplice.

That must be why our TWU negotiator Gary Schultz refused the companies offer to stick our members with your concessionary contract, because we ALL DESERVE SO MUCH MORE!!!! FYI to all this is the same man that also negotiated the 2 top airline fleet service contracts which are held by TWU represented Southwest f/s & American f/s. Take small bites of them apples and try not to CHOKE! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.