Apple's MAC and the Hub

Jan 23, 2006
Can anyone tell me if MAC's are compatable with the HUB and if not -----
Why Not? I can get onto the employee travel center, catcrew, flica but not the HUB.
This is where all Company forms, information etc.. are so I might be doing something wrong.

Why Not? I can get onto the employee travel center, catcrew, flica but not the HUB.
This is where all Company forms, information etc.. are so I might be doing something wrong.

Mac works with the Hub, it doesn't work with Compass though. Which browser are you using?

WOW!! Gotta love those West IT "Professionals". Maybe someday when they can find their ass with both hands Compass will work with Mac too. Assuming of course anyone at HP even knows what one is :shock: :p :p

Wonder if it will be before or after SHARES is fixed?
SHARES will be fixed when US flies to China. They will outsource the work to the Chinese for the rights to fly the route. But it will be written in their language. :shock:

WOW!! Gotta love those West IT "Professionals". Maybe someday when they can find their ass with both hands Compass will work with Mac too. Assuming of course anyone at HP even knows what one is :shock: :p :p

Company knows about the issue but they don't seem too intent on fixing it. The problem has been brought up with Doug Parker at some of the meetings and he is a Mac user but even he can't seem to get IT to make headway on this.

I use Firefox or Netscape to access Compass. But now that I have Parallels I just pop up Windows and use that.
:(

US knows it has ALOT of problems to be fixed. Dougie is sitting in the corner at the bar crying cause he does not know what to do. Oh wait, he stopped crying, "Mr. bartender, may I have another one?" :lol:

I also have a Mac (mini Intel core duo 1.66). OS X works fine with all aspects of the hub, but unfortunately, not with Safari. You have to use Firefox 2 in order to access all areas of the hub.

Mac works with the Hub, it doesn't work with Compass though. Which browser are you using?
I used Safari.
If it works with the HUB do you mean Safari CAN be used and I just have done something wrong?
If so, can you tell me how to access the Hub. For some reason I can get to the ETC and Web check in but again not into the HUB

I also have a Mac (mini Intel core duo 1.66). OS X works fine with all aspects of the hub, but unfortunately, not with Safari. You have to use Firefox 2 in order to access all areas of the hub.
Thanks. I'll try this.
Any concerns, problems with viruses etc... after downloading this into your MAC?

I used Safari.
If it works with the HUB do you mean Safari CAN be used and I just have done something wrong?
If so, can you tell me how to access the Hub. For some reason I can get to the ETC and Web check in but again not into the HUB

I just checked now and Safari worked fine with the hub. Used the same procedure as if logging on to the ETC. When is the last time you did a software update?

Try downloading firefox and see if that will let you on to the Hub (www.mozilla.com)

I just checked now and Safari worked fine with the hub. Used the same procedure as if logging on to the ETC. When is the last time you did a software update?

Try downloading firefox and see if that will let you on to the Hub (www.mozilla.com)
I just received the MAC on Monday. I am on the 14 trial and really like this PC but was having trouble with HUB.
I am unsure of Foxfire as to whether or not it'll open the computer up to viruses so I was hoping to keep with what's already installed. The drop down screen that appears when I try to login states "to view this page you need to log into area""the hub {08:53:15:3164}on the hub.usairways.com""
your password will be sent in the clear".
So I type in my name and password like you would on a Dell and hit enter. then it comes back "the name or password you entered is incorrect". I went to our Dell desktop and try
logging into the HUB and it works.

went to the dell to read it and that's good news!

The thread is about the non-standard code used by US/HP on the hub, not whether you can doo-dah your tutu and find out loads and what "year" is ahead of you.

I have found that HP-IT is pretty basic, and their code works with browsers that do not conform to standards, others, not so well.

It seems the Safari login works when the "system" is lightly loaded, late at night, etc. Talking with staff, I would say that you should use Firefox (a great, free browser that ignores crappy code, but not in an unsecure manner like Internet Exploder) until staff brings their code out of B.C. time and into the near past, like the 1800s.

Too bad, because Safari has way too many great Cocoa features that are made unavailable by lazy coders and their mediocre code.

The thread is about the non-standard code used by US/HP on the hub, not whether you can doo-dah your tutu and find out loads and what "year" is ahead of you.

I have found that HP-IT is pretty basic, and their code works with browsers that do not conform to standards, others, not so well.

It seems the Safari login works when the "system" is lightly loaded, late at night, etc. Talking with staff, I would say that you should use Firefox (a great, free browser that ignores crappy code, but not in an unsecure manner like Internet Exploder) until staff brings their code out of B.C. time and into the near past, like the 1800s.

Too bad, because Safari has way too many great Cocoa features that are made unavailable by lazy coders and their mediocre code.

....Huh? :huh:

Latest posts

Back