nonrev site on the

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
what's up with the nonrev site on the hub(eta) employee travel application? i know they are updating it , but why is it taking so long. it was supposed to be fixed by 9am this morning but they keep changing the time. now it's not supposed to be fixed until 10pm. are the rolling out the etc (employee travel center)? is that why it's taking so long? or are they updating the buddy pass system? anyone knows or can take a guess?

As I ranted on another thread its pretty messed up on the west side. Dont hold your breath waiting, the tomkitten and Pitt baby will be giving birth to their own kids by the time they get it right!

As I ranted on another thread its pretty messed up on the west side. Dont hold your breath waiting, the tomkitten and Pitt baby will be giving birth to their own kids by the time they get it right!
i think this a different deal than what happened out in phx. i think that they are updating the travel site to inroduce the new etc

i think this a different deal than what happened out in phx. i think that they are updating the travel site to inroduce the new etc
If the same people are running it, my advise stands. I hope for your sake they can fix it easier and quicker than what the west is in for. The east side is far more advanced in that area and hopefully the west will join you in the online listing area. We are pretty clueless as to how it works online and I may be asking questions in the future about how your side works, I hope you dont mind! Good luck to all of us! Regards, Mama

Don't worry, PhxMama. When it works, it's one of the better computerized functions we on the East have. If it stays about the same, put in departure airport, arrival airport, when, R/T or O/W, and see a list of all available flights (including connections) with # of open seats and non-revs listed. Pick the flight(s) you want and list.

Jim

Don't worry, PhxMama. When it works, it's one of the better computerized functions we on the East have. If it stays about the same, put in departure airport, arrival airport, when, R/T or O/W, and see a list of all available flights (including connections) with # of open seats and non-revs listed. Pick the flight(s) you want and list.

Jim
Thanx Jim. Can the listings be changed on line? And how do buddy passes tkt? Online or thru the ato? Do employees have to pay for the buddy pass or if travling out of the country to employees need to be present with the pass travler if trvling internationally to tkt? On HP if using the flexi and employee was not trvling employee had to bepresent upon tkting. Not quite sure, now. Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Mama

It's gonna take as long as it takes. Have any of you ever bought a computer, took it home, unboxed it, turn it on, loaded the software and everything go right? My ex bought a laptop last night and asked me to set it up for her at 8pm. I knew this was gonna be trouble. 4 hours later and pulling my hair out I FINALLY gotter done. Drivers didn't load properly amongst other problems (dog chewing threw the power cable didn't help either) and having a Doubting Thomas over my shoulder didn't help either. Our IT people are very talented and it's gonna take as long as it takes.

Well, let my try to answer all that. Since I don't buy a lot of buddy (companion) passes, anyone please correct anything I get wrong....

1 - Yes, you can cancel one listing and make another online.

2 - can't do buddy passes online, only those on employee's travel card. Buddy passes must be purchased at the ATO (or CTO if any still exist).

3 - The buddy passes I've gotten have been for non-eligible family members, so I've paid for them. Don't know if the employee has to purchase or if the user can, but presume that the employee must.

4 - Other than when international travel is designated as such does the employee have to travel with the buddy pass user - generally "in season", but it's announced. Except for that, the buddy pass holder can be on their own while traveling (though as I said, I think the employee has to actually buy the ticket).

Actually, the buddy passes haven't been that great a deal if you can plan ahead to take advantage of lower fares. The price has been 10% of full coach fare plus all taxes/fees. As I said somewhere above, in Jan it was $750 for two GSO-MAN R/T. We didn't decide to go till about 3 weeks prior, but even then we could have gotten regular tickets for about $850 on DL or UA. But with my seniority, our seniority based boarding priority, and a desire to travel together (we were renting a car and driving about 2 hours to our ultimate destination) we went the buddy pass route. If it had been just the youngsters traveling, I'd have bought a regular ticket. That's where the new "guest passes" are a big improvement - price.

Jim

It's gonna take as long as it takes.

Exactly! There is no doubt in my mind that since the merger, the IT people are the busiest in the company. Other areas have to learn new procedures, move to new offices, and squabble over which parts of various contracts are better. But the IT people have to either write new programs, or integrate two vastly different systems.

Yes, deadlines have come and gone--but that always happens with IT projects, especially major ones. THe new ETC may be based on the hold system on The Hub, but it still has to communicate with two different reservations systems.

Keep in mind that flying is a benefit--not a "right". I keep that in perspective when there are little glitches and inconveniences.

Now--the problem with reservations not knowing what's going on--yes, that could be a potential problem. If res management is not passing on vital information to the agnets, that's something different. Hopefully, the pass bureau knows what's going on. I would think that since we will now be able to list & pay for pass travel online, the calls to res agents should decline dramatically. Let them do what they do best: take care of our revenue pax, and let the pass bureau handle employee travel issues.

But I agree with Eric--the IT people are doing a fantastic job.

i've bought buddy passes on the hub travel site, even used the persons credit card to buy it for them

Well, let my try to answer all that. Since I don't buy a lot of buddy (companion) passes, anyone please correct anything I get wrong....

1 - Yes, you can cancel one listing and make another online.

2 - can't do buddy passes online, only those on employee's travel card. Buddy passes must be purchased at the ATO (or CTO if any still exist).

3 - The buddy passes I've gotten have been for non-eligible family members, so I've paid for them. Don't know if the employee has to purchase or if the user can, but presume that the employee must.

4 - Other than when international travel is designated as such does the employee have to travel with the buddy pass user - generally "in season", but it's announced. Except for that, the buddy pass holder can be on their own while traveling (though as I said, I think the employee has to actually buy the ticket).

Actually, the buddy passes haven't been that great a deal if you can plan ahead to take advantage of lower fares. The price has been 10% of full coach fare plus all taxes/fees. As I said somewhere above, in Jan it was $750 for two GSO-MAN R/T. We didn't decide to go till about 3 weeks prior, but even then we could have gotten regular tickets for about $850 on DL or UA. But with my seniority, our seniority based boarding priority, and a desire to travel together (we were renting a car and driving about 2 hours to our ultimate destination) we went the buddy pass route. If it had been just the youngsters traveling, I'd have bought a regular ticket. That's where the new "guest passes" are a big improvement - price.

Jim

Thanx for all the input. I didnt know you could purchase buddy passes. All of HPs were awarded based on attendance and that was that. I know we all receive 8 a year in our"bank" but can you really buy them?

Under the East buddy pass policy, you had to pay for them. Basically, you weren't given 8 buddy passes a year - you were given the right to purchase 8 a year to be used by anyone.

Some carriers - AA comes to mind - didn't charge for the buddy passes but added about 10% of the fare to the employee's income (imputed imcome). US just charged for the buddy passes up front.

Jim

Has anyone tried to use the new ETC site?

Bring your patience to the computer. There are a number of steps to go through to get in. And us on the west, aren't used to all those extra numbers that are now needed........the new employee number with the U and then the "profile" number which is a bunch more digits. I was finally able to get to the point of radio button selecting the flights I wanted and was then stuck. I didn't know where to go next or which place to click. So I clicked on the ? (for help) but it's currently unavailable. So I called the old fashioned way. The poor agents are having a tough time too.........this is one more to add to their list of headaches.

But all in all, once I learn to use it and whatever bugs still need to be worked out, it looks like it'll be awesome.

Just posted a BIG response and my computer jammed.

No real changes for EAST, except that you can now "officially" use anyone's cc.

For the WEST no more flexi's you do have a time limit to use up existing ones, and you have 8 Guest Passses.

Guest Passes MUST be booked thru the ETC, no more res for listing, checking loads or comapanions bking return trips. All must be done via Compass or Hub.

Good news can have US and HP on same PNR and that is for companions as well. Check in still stands East Seniority -West checkin time.

New boarding priority in effect.

Latest posts