Application Processs

Helmsmen

May 11, 2003
I applied to SWA before the April 1 cut-off and have yet to get any acknowladgement of my application. Is this normal? Do they normally even send out anything to tell you that, yes we have your app. on file? If I should have recieved something does anyone have a number/e-mail contact that I can call or contact to make sure that they do have my paperwork?

Thanks in advance

----------------
On 5/11/2003 1:12:44 PM Helmsmen wrote:

I applied to SWA before the April 1 cut-off and have yet to get any acknowladgement of my application. Is this normal? Do they normally even send out anything to tell you that, "yes we have your app. on file?" If I should have recieved something does anyone have a number/e-mail contact that I can call or contact to make sure that they do have my paperwork?

Thanks in advance

----------------​
What 4/1 cutoff are you referring to? What position? I thought I did received an acknowledgment letter but it was years ago. I will say the whole process is a rather long process. If you applied 4/1, by the way SWA does things, you just started the process. SWA gets like 500k apps a year and hires only a few hundred. Patience my friend....SWA is worth waiting for.

WNjetdoc;
SWA stopped accepting pilot applications on 4/1/03. I applied for a pilot position. The reason I am concerned is that when I applied in the early 90''s I did not hear anything for about 6 months. I called to check up on my application only to find that it had been lost in the shuffle and they had no record of it. It took monsterous effort at the time but they eventually backdated my application and interviewed me. I came back for the medical but was shot down at the last minute for not having enough PIC time. Now after 10 years of noodling about at TWA and AA I have the required 1000 hours of jet PIC and I don''t want to get lost in the shuffle again. As for patience you can be assured that I have it by the truckload.

Thanks for the help

Helmsmen

Latest posts

Back