As For Psa W/o

Light Years

I'll try my best to answer your questions, but I'm not a flight attendant, so bear with me on a couple of them please. :)

1) Comfortable IMHO (though not as wide as 328 methinks), grey leather with headrests

2) Ummm not sure

3) Yes potable water on board

4) Two coffee pots (makers) on board

5) Umm...again not sure but I think there is boarding music

6) Perhaps numbers are the same size as mainline A/C but look bigger 'cause it's a smaller A/C?

7) I don't think all F/As are yet trained and I believe it is in senority order, not base

8) Don't know for sure, but predominantly proir PSA destinations with some additions I'd imagine

9) Last I heard, by now we should be getting about 4 a month. We're at approx 24 Dorniers (I think) and we're SUPPOSED to lose 2 a month, but not sure if that's being delayed or not

10) I really don't know, but as the 170 still is not certified, I'd GUESS the 700-->but no one has SAID we or anyone's getting those yet.

Hope this helps.

P.S.
For the record keep in mind, the 700 is single class and 705 (900) is dual-class.

As for Mesa, they are getting aircraft from the used market primarily because they cannot get delivery slots from Bombardier for new stuff as fast as US and UA are asking them to add aircraft. They have not missed a jet delivery due to financing, although some of the aircraft have used interim financing from Bombardier while final permanent financing is arranged.

This will be interesting to see how it shakes out. If they were to sell off UQ and EN as one (to whomever, presumably Mesa), they could send all the Group CRJs to PSA and then IPO that company sometime in late 2004 or in 2005, assuming if and when the financial position of the company stabilizes to the point where the company can compete through both the peaks and valleys of the industry economic cycles. Assuming that is done, you could within 18 months be down to PSA, Mesa, MDA, Mainline, and maybe one other Express carrier. While contracting the work out sucks, it is probably here to stay, and getting down to 2 or 3 express carriers would work wonders for quality control.

diogenes said:
Have to go with Clue on this one.

The EMB 145 is a bucket of bolts compared to the CRJ, in terms of performance and ridability.

I'm a average sized guy, and the A side of the EMB sucks.

And on a little ballistic lob from my undisclosed station to the next, the Dash-300 and CRJ will carry all the passengers AND all their bags.

With the EMB, make that OR.
the EMB 145 is nothing like a EMB 170!! The 170 is a totally redisigned aircraft, imagine a airbus 316. No offense but anybody that can stand up in a boeing can stand up in a EMB 170!! ;)

bigbusdrvr said:
diogenes said:
Have to go with Clue on this one.

The EMB 145 is a bucket of bolts compared to the CRJ, in terms of performance and ridability.

I'm a average sized guy, and the A side of the EMB sucks.

And on a little ballistic lob from my undisclosed station to the next, the Dash-300 and CRJ will carry all the passengers AND all their bags.

With the EMB, make that OR.
the EMB 145 is nothing like a EMB 170!! The 170 is a totally redisigned aircraft, imagine a airbus 316. No offense but anybody that can stand up in a boeing can stand up in a EMB 170!! ;)
Haven't laid eyes on a 170.

I hope it's an improvement over the 145.

But in an apples-to-apples comparison, the 50 seat CRJ is far superior to the 50 seat ERJ.

Latest posts