As For Psa W/o

skyguy25

Advanced
Nov 30, 2003
As for PSA- they are taking over alot of mainline routes and cities as they are concentrating on their point-to-point operations, which are long over due. ATL, MKE, CLE and several others have been added to PSA's cities served as well as BOS and LGA. They now have 9 jets and are receiving 4 or 5 a month as well as the delivery of the CRJ-700 dual class aircraft the last week of Feb first week of March. The financing is still in place and the deliveries are accelerating to FAA max. CFO of Airways said that PSA was the only profitable sect of the group and that they are placing alot of faith in their operation. IF they can help the whole, i am behind them 100%. I agree to halt MDA, liquidate or consolidate the other 2 and work with what we have. PSA is the least expensive operation in the group, it would not make sense to sell or shut down their operation- they are our LCC if you will. Rename them with their current contracts and new a/c and help this company.

Skyguy25:

US Airways has 85 firm orders and 50 options on the EMB-170, which will be flown on the mainline in the Embraer Division. The EMB-170 break even load factor will be about 50% and less than JetBlue’s EMB-190 break even load factor of 60%.

The CRJ-200 and CRJ-700 are not competitive with the EMB-170, which is the preeminent RJ product.

I expect PSA will be sold and then the acquiring airline will code share with US Airways. In fact, it would not surprise me if Mesa buys PSA.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

c005.gif

does Mesa have the money and the financial backing to "inherit" or buy that order? If so, why has mesa not order their own -and continue to buy used aircraft?
Even though Mesa's CEO and our CEO are personal friends i don't think Dave's ego would allow for the only profitable portion of our company to become the newest addtion to Mesa Ailines.

Hey USA320Pilot,

Why do the PSA jets have a placard over the cockpit door that say's "This aircraft owned by US Airways"?

Last year when Dave was out doing his "road shows" he said that he "wanted to build up an express airline to IPO and generate much needed cash"! This I am sure is to pay down the ATSB loan and probably finance your new retirement.(NorthWest Airlines used their Wholey Owned stock in "Pinnacle Airlines to do the same.) PSA has 7 or 8 jets. Do you think that is enough to offer an IPO and generate much needed cash? Yeah, I don't think so either.

Here's another question Chip: Why would US Airways sell off PSA when according to the most recent DOT filing to operate Large jets PSA made "11 million dollars in profit during the first 3 quarters of 03"? 11/3 = 3.66 million dollars per quarter. Now multiply that times 4 and you get 14.6 million dollars for 2003. That 14.6 milion dollars in PROFIT is largely fron Do328 operations as the new jets have been in revenue service for only 6 weeks give or take.

Question: Why would US Airways sell any entity that continuely generates positive cash flow when they are so cash strapped?

Chip, I was not aware that the EMB-170 was the "preeminate RJ product". Well with the world so small now I guess the "Regional Jet" (with a range of 2000 miles or more) now makes South, Central and North America a "region". Unlike say PHL-ORF?

Regards,

Stick-n-Rudder

:huh:

:up: pSA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO EVERY CITY WERE A PROP OR AN RJ GOES
GET RID OF THE REST ONE UNIFORMED GROUP INSIDE AND OUT

USA320Pilot said:
Skyguy25:

US Airways has 85 firm orders and 50 options on the EMB-170, which will be flown on the mainline in the Embraer Division. The EMB-170 break even load factor will be about 50% and less than JetBlue’s EMB-190 break even load factor of 60%.

The CRJ-200 and CRJ-700 are not competitive with the EMB-170, which is the preeminent RJ product.

I expect PSA will be sold and then the acquiring airline will code share with US Airways. In fact, it would not surprise me if Mesa buys PSA.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

c005.gif
Jetblue has some interesting dynamics running right now.

They cut their ATL service to both LGB and SLC. They've very recently announced the cessation of LGB-LAS, so I'm wondering if they're looking to refocus.

I am very much looking forward to MDA and PSA picking up the torch and running with it.

You gotta remember that Mesa has operated its RJ fleet at a profit. So, it can be done.

ITRADE said:
USA320Pilot said:
Skyguy25:

Regards,

USA320Pilot

c005.gif
Jetblue has some interesting dynamics running right now.

They cut their ATL service to both LGB and SLC. They've very recently announced the cessation of LGB-LAS, so I'm wondering if they're looking to refocus.

I am very much looking forward to MDA and PSA picking up the torch and running with it.

You gotta remember that Mesa has operated its RJ fleet at a profit. So, it can be done.
Mesa could deficate in a balloon and paint it red and still show a profit...it's easy when you pay the majority of your people like slaves....and offer benefits like your people are migrant workers in picking season.

Itrade...eventually the workers of America are going to get their bellies full of this kind of stuff...and then everything is going to be brought to a screaching halt.

I'm sure the illegals that our current leadership in government is so eager to pardon for immagration violations will not be able to pass the screening tests to take all our work when we walk out in protest either...the pendulum swings both ways afterall.

The day is coming when Joe and Jane "Blue Collar" is going to say that enough is enough.

AOG- 99 Red Balloons, floating in the summer sky... :D

I dont want to see PSA or any of the wholly owneds fed to Mesa. They are the poster child for everything currently wrong with this industry. Does no one else think its weird that you could buy a ticket on US, UA, or HP, and still be on Mesa? Or US or AA and be on Trans States? US or DL on CHQ? Where does it end... in five years, there will just be all of these massive sweatshop airlines flying "as" everyone and anyone. Livable wage jobs gone, quality control long gone. If anyone has been through PIT lately I'm sure you'll agree that any consistency or image standard that our Express product ever had flew out the window long ago.

Interesting that JetBlue, who can seemingly do no wrong, IS NOT contracting out thier EMBs but using thier own folks. In fact, thier FAs will see no pay difference. US FAs who made 20,000 a year at mainline before getting axed will now be lucky to get 13,000 IF they are ever even offered an MAA position. When you've got thousands of your own employees, apparently still willing to work after all of the abuse for a lower standard, just waiting for a call from you, why contract it out to other companies so thay can make all the money off it?

How much money are we really saving with eleven Express carriers? Why, as the incredible shrinking airline (7th in the US, not sure if we're still in the top 15 in the world), in a very small region of the country, do we have the largest network of regional providers in the world? Who else has TEN Express airlines, some with only a few aircraft? Doesnt the infastructure and overlap alone cost more money than just using our own regional airlines that we own (and why there are still to this day three wholly owneds and not one is also riduculous too... what a waste in facilities, training, hangars, seperate management etc.) Isnt US Airways pretty much 80% an East Coast regional airline? Why contract out our bread and butter, paying someone to do it rather than finding a way to do it ourselves profitably?

I hope we keep PS/PI/AL and MAA and merge them into a single, owned entity. We've agreed to MAA which is lower cost than most commuters (especially for the equiptment... dont get me started). Put the jets at our own airline and give us (furloughees) back our jobs... if we dont like it (RJs, pay) we'll leave. Stop contracting out to all of these s@#t airlines and use the people who actually give a damm about US Airways and its success. Morale, pride, and feeling like a team rather than a loose alliance of unrelated parts is huge. These are the type of things that dont show up on paper to be calculated but affect "the bottom line" in a major way.

USA320Pilot said:
Really? How many are flying today?

If the CRJ-700 comes in a dual class configuration, it will be a far better product that the EMB (of any variety).

ClueByFour said:

If the CRJ-700 comes in a dual class configuration, it will be a far better product that the EMB (of any variety).
You my friend have no idea what you are talking about!! The emb product is different from anything you have ever seen in an "RJ" format!!

I have some silly, fun, cosmetic questions about PSA's CRJs, yet to ride one...

*What are the seats like? Gray leather or US cloth seats? Headrests or no?

*Carpeting/bulkheads- is it the standard one or the newer one from the A330?

*Is there running water?

*Whats the coffee situation? Is it a jug or a maker?

*Is there a CD player for the demo/boarding music?

*Whats the galley like? Carts or no?

* I saw one and the tail numbr was written in HUGE letters right near the titles- whats up with that? Made it easier to spot though, it's also nice and shiny.

*Are all of the FAs trained on it, or just a certain base/seniority?

*What cities does it serve so far (just PSA)?

* How many per month again? When are the Dorniers gone?

*Which will arrive first, the EMB 170 or the CRJ700?

ClueByFour said:

From what I understand, the CRJ-700s will not be in a two-class configuration. They will be single class. The EMB-170s will also be single class with added seat pitch similar to the shuttle configuration.

bigbusdrvr said:
ClueByFour said:

You my friend have no idea what you are talking about!! The emb product is different from anything you have ever seen in an "RJ" format!!
Sure I do. It's a 70 seat fokker, sans first class. I can stand up in a any of the CRJs, and I happen to like the FC section on the airline that I fly from time to time that has it.

Without FC, it's a wash to the business travelers who will supposedly reap the benefits of the "extra frequency" that you are going to have instead of simply flying real equipments into real markets (see my thread about what US is doing with ATL, as an example).

Light Years

Very well said about U and its many Express carriers. I have been saying the same thing for several years. Nobody cares as much about the USAirways product or service like the many U employees, both mainline and express.

With these contract carriers, who do you think they are most interested in? I'll tell you, themselves. While at the same time we would like the U passenger to have a good experience and return to fly with us again.

It is almost to the point where a U pax can travel coast to coast and never actually ride on an USAirways aircraft.

That is truly sad.

Have to go with Clue on this one.

The EMB 145 is a bucket of bolts compared to the CRJ, in terms of performance and ridability.

I'm a average sized guy, and the A side of the EMB sucks.

And on a little ballistic lob from my undisclosed station to the next, the Dash-300 and CRJ will carry all the passengers AND all their bags.

With the EMB, make that OR.

Latest posts