Atd Asst. Director

Nov 21, 2003
Why is it that Michael Bakalo is listed on the air transport division's letter head as "Int'l Vice President Asst. Director ATD" and he did not take over for Little during his leave? Why did Gary Yingst take over? As a matter of fact if you read any documents from the ATD, Mr. Bakalo isn't even copied in. Also, I believe that Mr. Bakalo never goes to any meetings either. So can someone help me understand how the twu can have an Asst. ATD director that doesn't take over when the director is gone, that is never copied in on documents and never attends meetings hosted by the ATD?

ANSWER:

Because the TWU International, including the ATD operates under an appointment of duty system, instead of election of officials and responsiblities. This makes life easier to avoid accountability because non of us really know who is responsible for what. Thus, when things go wrong, they just point the finger at each other and from department to department until we get frustrated and move on the next shafting.

It is likely that Mr. Bakalo is in the doghouse with the leadership for speaking his mind.

Now that you have posted his name on the internet, he is likely to be subjected to Kangaroo Court and Banned for Life. :shock:

God we need a new union, and I pray we get one in 2004.

TWU informer said:
ANSWER:

Because the TWU International, including the ATD operates under an appointment of duty system, instead of election of officials and responsiblities. This makes life easier to avoid accountability because non of us really know who is responsible for what. Thus, when things go wrong, they just point the finger at each other and from department to department until we get frustrated and move on the next shafting.

It is likely that Mr. Bakalo is in the doghouse with the leadership for speaking his mind.

Now that you have posted his name on the internet, he is likely to be subjected to Kangaroo Court and Banned for Life. :shock:

God we need a new union, and I pray we get one in 2004.

If he did he would not have much to say.

From what I've been told from the old time Pan Am workers and a few old timers from Stores Mike Bakala was Kerrigans body guard. They both came into the TWU after working a minimal amount of time on the floor and Kerrigan has always kept him away from real work as they both sucked their way up through the organization. Kerrigan accomplishments include leading Pan Am to the lowest pay in the industry in an effort to allow the banks and some CEOS to suck every last penny, that should have gone into the pension fund, into their own pockets. "Guys a pay cut is better than no job" "We saved your jobs guys" 'You dont want to see the company go bankrupt" THese were all lines that have been recycled by the TWU from Pan Am. Jim Little had it all laid out for him.

Baklava has an appointment and a title, they try to minimize his exposure to the membership. I doubt that even they would trust him to run anything.

Last May, after Rick DeMarco (LAX VP) and I were done talking , or really Sonny was done listening, he sent us over to Baklava who told us that the decline of the labor movement is not the leaders fault its because of us members who dont want to fight.

Bob,

If these two men were from Pan American. And we re-called them as Dennis Burchette claims we can in this Horizon Air debate audio between Burchette and Delle-Femine.

Listen to Bruchette Claim We Have Recall

Then where would these men go once recalled? Would they be RIF'd out the TWU? NO JOB, NO LOCAL, NO AIRLINE.

We know AMFA's NATIONAL DIRECTOR has no airline or Local to and that recall is possible. But what happens with a TWU Int'l guy that is recalled per the Burchette doctrine?

TWU informer said:
Bob,

If these two men were from Pan American. And we re-called them as Dennis Burchette claims we can in this Horizon Air debate audio between Burchette and Delle-Femine.

Listen to Bruchette Claim We Have Recall

Then where would these men go once recalled? Would they be RIF'd out the TWU? NO JOB, NO LOCAL, NO AIRLINE.

We know AMFA's NATIONAL DIRECTOR has no airline or Local to and that recall is possible. But what happens with a TWU Int'l guy that is recalled per the Burchette doctrine?
Burchette was wrong, he should have known better.

Kerrigan-Pan Am
Bakala-Pan Am
George Roberts-EAL
Peggy Olstien-AA Flight attendants-Now APFA.
The Entire executive board of Local 504-Pan Am

Thats just a start. Many TWU officials would have no where to go should they get voted out of or unappointed out of office. Many have never worked as an employee in the deregulated era and they all serve at Sonny Halls whim.

Sufferin' succotash!

sylvest1.gif

That's Dispicable!

TWU informer said:
per the Burchette doctrine?
BWAAAHAAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

That one got me right there. rotflmao

It is also my understanding per the Burchette doctrine:

"the A-M-F-A is the most democratic union known to man."

Guess I have to agree with him on that part.

Furthermore, I think what uh Dennis is talking about as far as recalling anyone in the uh TWU is that we have the right to recall the entire TWU, which is what we are presently engaged in doing. :up: :up: :up:

Latest posts