What Happened To The Restructing Of The Atd

Buck, I guess what I am trying to say is that the split of the membership between AMFA and TWU is evident, nothing more. Thank you.

Calvin said:
Buck, I guess what I am trying to say is that the split of the membership between AMFA and TWU is evident, nothing more. Thank you.
That's right Calvin, and at this point there is only one solution, sign the cards, submit the cards, debate the issues, and have an election.

Otherwise this split will only get worse.

You watch, the TWU will come forward soon with another smoke and mirrors answer like the Seperate Local/ Self Determination plan of the past. These stooges are as predictable as the sunrise tomorrow morning.

FACT: You cannot implement CRAFT UNION philosophies into an Industrial Union structure. If you try, you are DOOMED! The beliefs, the constiutions, and the overall goals are not the same. Thus there only is one answer, learn about the two philosophies, make your decision and prepare to vote!

Another AMFA-Lite project by the TWU is NOT AN OPTION!

Calvin:

Do you not believe that there is division between those members that came from TWA/IAM and the members of the TWU?

Calvin said:
Mr. Owens, I will be willing to join "us" when "us" is one union again , not two as I see now. As I stated, my family's existence is number one priority, not who's name is on the door at the local.
Mr. Owens, one thing I have noticed from your posts is your knowledge on a lot of facts everywhere, does that make sense?

I'm not sure what you are asking me?
Just my way of stating you seem to be knowledgeable, wasn't really meant as a question sir. Thank you.
Ok. have you filled out a Green card yet so we can all one day be in one union?

TWU informer said:
FACT: You cannot implement CRAFT UNION philosophies into an Industrial Union structure.
THE TWU/ATD at AA is not an Industrial Union, it is a business union, the bottom line orientation and the structure of the AFL-CIO-no raiding-make it behave like a company union.

Dont insult all the Industrial unionist out there that fight for their members by passing judgement based upon what we have seen in this industry.

Buck, it would be a lie to state that no bad feelings exist, however, from what I have witnessed here locally there has been no bad words or acts towards members from TULE and AFW that have come here. Fact is the bunch of TULE guys that clean a/c are a pretty good group of guys all in all.

I have learned from being a parent not to allow anger to eat at me. I get mad, I simmer, I'm over it. I would rather eat than fight. Thank you.

Mr. Owens, if I read your post correctly then you assume or believe any union in the AFL-CIO is a company union. That is way to big a bone for me to chew, but you are due your opinion sir. Thank you, beddy bye time.

Steve Conell (sp)

use to post here, it appeared that he was very angry over the seniority issue created by Kasher.

Calvin said:
Buck, it would be a lie to state that no bad feelings exist, however, from what I have witnessed here locally there has been no bad words or acts towards members from TULE and AFW that have come here. Fact is the bunch of TULE guys that clean a/c are a pretty good group of guys all in all.

I have learned from being a parent not to allow anger to eat at me. I get mad, I simmer, I'm over it. I would rather eat than fight. Thank you.

Mr. Owens, if I read your post correctly then you assume or believe any union in the AFL-CIO is a company union. That is way to big a bone for me to chew, but you are due your opinion sir. Thank you, beddy bye time.

Well you know what they say about assuming.

I do not believe that all AFL-CIO unions are company unions. Thats rediculous. My statements in no way insinuated that either. In fact I've specifically stated that the TWU-ATD here at AA is a company union. If at other times I've failed to specify the TWU-ATD here at AA I apologize, got lazy with the typings and I "assumed" that the reader would know what I'm talking about.

Strange as it may sound I believe that there are groups within the TWU that have strong unions. However our situation, with over 20 locals being under one contract is unique, and unique in a bad way. We are all under the thumb of Sonny Hall. He has complete control over our contracts and our Locals and we can not vote him out.

One strong Local in the TWU is Local 100. I admire the fighting spirit of TWU Local 100. They get thousands of people out there demonstrating, they stand up to the boss. Local 100 has complete control over their contracts, in fact the contract is signed by the President of the Local, no International Reps signatures are on Local 100s contract with the Transit Authority. The Contract belongs to the Local and the members have accountability. Over at Local 100 when the Transit Authority was crying poverty Local 100 said they were lying, and later on they were proven right. Because of their independance, power and militance Local 100 and Sonny Hall have been at extreme odds. Sonny, who used to be the President of Local 100, is afraid to attend any event where there is likely to be a large showing of Local 100 members. The man is a coward.

Contrast what happened at Local 100 to what happened here. Here the company claimed that they would go C-11 if they did not get concessions. The union, instead of challenging that, expanded upon it and told the members that they might actually go C-7. I dont ever remember the company saying that they were going to liquidate. Instead of fighting the company's fear tactics the union expanded and exaggerated upon them in order to sell the contract. Just like TWUer exagerates how many members the TWU has, by 40,000 members, 36%!

The fact is that the structure that we are under, which locals and members have attempted change several times, leaves us with leaders who can be dishonest and misleading without being held accountable. In their arrogance they even turn around and say that our decline is our fault, not theirs. They want all the benifits of their titles but refuse to accept the responsibility. And we have no way, other than calling for an election to go to another organization of holding them accountable.

By the way, slaves were fed, would you find slavery acceptable?

Mr. Owens, not being in the TWU/ATD for very long time I cannot really add or subtract from this conversation. I keep voting here for whom I feel will do the best for us, and has established a good rapport, meaning earned the respect of management, nothing else implied here. So far it seems to be going as well as can be expected. Sure there is room for improvement, but this industry has not been stable since I can remember as a kid.

Am I wrong in drawing a line between the TWU and the TWU/ATD? What bus drivers do in the TWU does it affect me as an airline mechanic? Is that not why the ATD was concepted? I have read of local 100, good items. I know as a farmer that I do not raise my pigs as I do my horses but they are all part of the family, farm ideology there.

And I knew when I used the assume I'd hear about. We have heard that here on the farm. Thank you.

Calvin said:
Am I wrong in drawing a line between the TWU and the TWU/ATD? What bus drivers do in the TWU does it affect me as an airline mechanic? Is that not why the ATD was concepted? I have read of local 100, good items. I know as a farmer that I do not raise my pigs as I do my horses but they are all part of the family, farm ideology there.
Not at all.

What happens at Local 100 has little direct impact on us as far as our contract goes. Even though they are in the same Union. However what happens at UAL, NWA and SWA does have an effect on us.

So doesnt it stand to reason that we should be in the same union as mechanics at UAL, NWA and SWA?

If this seems reasonable, fill out a Green card.