Atheist Must Join Church

And since our military is "all volunteer", why should she be required to enlist? As things are right now, military service is voluntary, not mandatory. If it WERE mandatory, I doubt we would have invaded Iraq.

And signals...you used that key word..."drafted". Ali went to prison over his beliefs. But if he were that age today, he wouldn't have been compelled to go.

Funny thing Mr Run To Canada, volunteer levels have been quite adequate to maintain the numbers required even during the Iraq period, in fact, if you look, you'll probably find out once again, you are full of crap as enlistments were up during Iraq.

And since our military is "all volunteer", why should she be required to enlist? As things are right now, military service is voluntary, not mandatory. If it WERE mandatory, I doubt we would have invaded Iraq.

And signals...you used that key word..."drafted". Ali went to prison over his beliefs. But if he were that age today, he wouldn't have been compelled to go.

Actually Ali did not serve any prison time. He was convicted and sentenced to 5 years in prison, $10k fine and boxing ban for 3 years. He remained out of jail while his case was appealed. Eventually the SCOTUS over turned the conviction so while sentenced to prison, he never actually served any time.He was willing to go to prison for his belief and I give him credit for that.

Reactions: 2 people
So when China invades, your going to cower in the corner, point to your "GUN FREE ZONE" yard sign, I take it !

Do you think people will respond the same manner when a country invades the US as opposed to the US invading other countries?

IRaq was a threat...why did you not take up arms to protect your country during that threat? Because nobody TOLD you to? If they reinstated the draft, would you feel safer knowing that we were drafting 64 year old women to go fight for the country?

Who said I wasn't sitting on my couch, "Armed", waiting on an Iraqi to enter ?

Do you think people will respond the same manner when a country invades the US as opposed to the US invading other countries?

Wth does that have to do with defending one's country at home.
You Libtards love to twist sh!t around to the point where "You" don't even know what your talking about !

KC brought up the point about Iraq (a foreign invasion) and you came back with China (a domestic invasion). I was merely questioning if you thought the reaction would be the same. Personally, I am more than willing to help defend the US from foreign invasion. I am far less willing to place my life at risk by invading a country which in KC's example posed absolutely no risk to the US.

Maybe you should look into the oath?
All voluntary Army don't mean dick....they don't get the numbers, draft is instituted, then you and your daughter can run for Canada.

So you think if the draft was reinstitued do you think they'd require 64 year old women to be drafted? And New Zealand is more my style. And if a draft had been institued for Iraq, yep, I would have left. That would be true for any country where WE were then invaders.

No they won't take anybody over 35 unless those who sit down to pee run off to hide in a foreign country.

And with that said, you spit in the eye of all who have sacrificed and served even if they disagreed at the time and gave you the chance to desert your country.

True progressive ..........
free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Funny thing Mr Run To Canada, volunteer levels have been quite adequate to maintain the numbers required even during the Iraq period, in fact, if you look, you'll probably find out once again, you are full of crap as enlistments were up during Iraq.

We still were in Iraq 13 years longer than we should have been. That might be because the administration ignored the advice of the military advisors and went with "flowers and candy" Rummy's evaluation that a lean force would still not e there much more than 5 months. And if there WERE a draft, I doubt that we would have invaded. I'll never forget one winger coworker who was the mother of a 19 and 21 year old sons and who was gung ho on getting Saddam. I said that I felt we were going to have to bring back the draft. She paused, then said "Oh, I hope not". Judging from the length of the pause, I'm guessing she wouldn't have been keen on her kids going.

No they won't take anybody over 35 unless those who sit down to pee run off to hide in a foreign country.

And with that said, you spit in the eye of all who have sacrificed and served even if they disagreed at the time and gave you the chance to desert your country.

True progressive ..........
free-sexy-smileys-944.gif

Insults aside and getting back to this woman, with that being the case (they won't take anybody over 35), why would her refusing to "take up arms to fight for the country" be held against her? If we aren't going to ask 64 year olds to fight, why do we tell them that they have to take up arms? If she bought an NRA lifetime membership, would it help her case? My guess is no, since you and others have said that the reason for the second amendment is to protect us from the government - and you can't fight for the government if you're an NRA member.

Not to take the states side, I think immigration policies should be standardized cross the board. While she may not be asked to fight one could possibly argue that everyone should be willing to support the war effort in what ever manner they are capable of.

Ill have to look it up later but I believe troop levels were quite low at the high point of the Iraq/Afghan deployments. The military was extending tours nearly to the breaking point.

The bottom line is that it is a standard question. All she had to do was say YES, and grandma would never have to touch a gun in her life. Maybe they should modernize the questions by asking Will You Leech Off This Country? Do You Have A Job Or Do You Believe In 'The Money Grows On Trees' Theory?

KC brought up the point about Iraq (a foreign invasion) and you came back with China (a domestic invasion). I was merely questioning if you thought the reaction would be the same. Personally, I am more than willing to help defend the US from foreign invasion. I am far less willing to place my life at risk by invading a country which in KC's example posed absolutely no risk to the US.
Insults aside and getting back to this woman, with that being the case (they won't take anybody over 35), why would her refusing to "take up arms to fight for the country" be held against her? If we aren't going to ask 64 year olds to fight, why do we tell them that they have to take up arms? If she bought an NRA lifetime membership, would it help her case? My guess is no, since you and others have said that the reason for the second amendment is to protect us from the government - and you can't fight for the government if you're an NRA member.

See the above, for how the libtard brain, twist sh!t around , in order to perpetuate an argument they're losing !
1. There is a difference between going somewhere to fight and being 50+ and sitting on your couch, waiting for a foreign enemy to knock on your door !
2. In KC's quote, he states "take up arms to "FIGHT" for the country , when the oath actually says "pledge to bear arms in "DEFENSE" of the U.S.

Fight : To attempt to harm or gain power over an adversary by blows or with weapons!
Defend: To drive danger or attack away from!

So in closing, you can see the difference and I do not see how anyone can be offended by saying the words, "Defense of the U.S." and if they are personally, not religiously offended, then maybe they don't deserve citizenship !
Wonder if this atheist would take up arms, in order to "PROTECT" his home, if thugs were kicking in their door ?

Latest posts