Attention All F/A's

galleyguy4u2

Senior
Aug 9, 2003
I received the following email. I think it's worth undertstanding further what we're dealing with. I omitted the flt# and added zero's as well as the names and employee numbers for obvious reasons. I left the general system seniority numbers and added zero's there too, so you can get a picture of their overall seniorty.

Sent: 12/7/2007 5:27:07 PM
Subject: Fight Attendants from Flt. 000 0n 6 dec.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THIS LOVELY COMPANY WE WORK FOR...

THIS IS A TRUE STORY I JUST HAD BOB LOOK IT UP ON THE PILOTS WEB SITE... AND YES...THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DH HOME ON 000 ON THE 8TH
SEN

THIS IS AN UNBELIEVABLE MOVE FROM OUR COMPANY AT THE HOLIDAYS WHEN THEY EXPECT US TO WORK LONG HOURS AND HOLIDAYS WITH NO EXTRA PAY AND NO INCREASES IN SIGHT..WHILE THEY TAKE ALL THE MONEY.
I CERTAINLY HOPE WE ALL DON'T GET SICK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON......STAY HEALTHY...WE WOULDN'T WANT TO UPSET OUR COMPANY.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.
J.

This was posted by a Kennedy 777/FO named R, who flew 000 to London yesterday:

"Flew in today from JFK on flight 0000 As we stop at customs, we are taken off bus by airport cops and have our bags searched. One FA has a open bottle of wine her bag. She is arrested and taken to the airport jail. Three other FA's have bottles of water, and some yogurt from the airplane. They are detained and after a 2 hour delay they let us go to the hotel. Just learned that the 4 FA's are deheading home and are being terminated.

AMR is meeting the flight in JFK tomorrow, and will collect their keys,id's and manuals.

AMR is LOOKING to fire as many as they can. A word to the wise don't take ANYTHING off the airplane!"

Worth passing along to all.

j

Let me get this straight.... stealing stuff like wine and food off the aircraft will get you terminated?

Duh.

They told us that Day One at the Learning Center, and on the first day of OJT at the airport.

The only way food & drink should leave an aircraft with you is in the digestive system...

Yes, they took trash from the airplane, while our execs take millions from our coffers.

As if we didnt all know stealing is grounds for termination regardless of the time of year, or the number of hours you work. The TWA f/a's have had an arbitration over a small carton of milk and a mini airline sewing kit. If I recall the sewing kit was to make a repair to missing uniform button. The arbitration was upheld.

As if we didnt all know stealing is grounds for termination regardless of the time of year, or the number of hours you work. The TWA f/a's have had an arbitration over a small carton of milk and a mini airline sewing kit. If I recall the sewing kit was to make a repair to missing uniform button. The arbitration was upheld.
The case you are referring to sounds very much like a well-known case just after our strike in 1986. In fact, the case was actually discussed on the CBS show "60 Minutes." An FA who was very active during the strike, doing things such as demonstrating in front of company headquarters, etc, was caught with a carton or two of milk and a FC amenities kit as she deplaned for a layover in Paris. She was terminated. As a part of the settlement, which Icahn himself got involved in, she was allowed to retire with full benefits.

MK

Difference between the executive bonusses and the topic under discussion...The executive bonusses are legal--unethical, immoral, and shameful, but legal. Taking anything that does not belong to me--no matter how small and no matter the cost--is called stealing. Stealing is not legal.

We were told in new hire training to take nothing of company property off the a/c--as a rule of thumb, if I didn't bring it on the plane, I probably shouldn't take it off. (USA Today discarded by passenger, excepted. If, of course, you can beat the cockpit to it. :lol: )

Yes everyone is correct. The water is the only thing that is not thrown away, yet the F/A's still pay for it. What is the company trying to prove? I have taken water off the airplane which was not alloted to us. I haven't in years though. The pilots are the one who take the crewjuice and anything that might be questionable. Apparently they have something in Their contracts which states that their bags cannot be searched by anyone other than customs. Why don't we? I know two pilots who completely empty out the wine drawers before landing. Why are there two standards? I am not saying all the pilots pilfer, but most will take stuff off for us whiich would get us fired. Stealing is wrong, but there are gray areas, for goodness sake, these things were meant for the trash! (except for the water).

"Beware of 767 tail numbers 342 and 399" This was posted on the APA site. Apparently, there is suspicion that monitors have been installed in the galley.
After reading through the entire thread on the APA site, it has been confirmed by someone in Tulsa. So heads up.
Apparently the rule with the pilots is that if it is open, it is theirs. This was confirmed by the MIA Chief pilot on the OPS bulletin board last month.
The pilots are also very afraid what retribution this will cause the flight attendants to do. Especially the ones who fly 64 hour lines.\

Flight attendants if you do nothing, at least warn your coworkers about the company's holiday gift this year. If any of you fly these two airplanes, the camera has to be somewhere you can find it. I would think a lawsuit on invasion of privacy might be in order here. How many times haven't we adjusted our skirts, blouses , bras, etc (with the curtain closed of course, because the lav was disgusting and you were afraid of dropping something in there). Well Merry Christmas, you just gave some aahole in in Fort Worth or even your base a free peep show!

"Beware of 767 tail numbers 342 and 399" This was posted on the APA site. Apparently, there is suspicion that monitors have been installed in the galley.
After reading through the entire thread on the APA site, it has been confirmed by someone in Tulsa. So heads up.
Apparently the rule with the pilots is that if it is open, it is theirs. This was confirmed by the MIA Chief pilot on the OPS bulletin board last month.
The pilots are also very afraid what retribution this will cause the flight attendants to do. Especially the ones who fly 64 hour lines.\

Flight attendants if you do nothing, at least warn your coworkers about the company's holiday gift this year. If any of you fly these two airplanes, the camera has to be somewhere you can find it. I would think a lawsuit on invasion of privacy might be in order here. How many times haven't we adjusted our skirts, blouses , bras, etc (with the curtain closed of course, because the lav was disgusting and you were afraid of dropping something in there). Well Merry Christmas, you just gave some aahole in in Fort Worth or even your base a free peep show!

Really now, this is joke right? I do not know much about aircraft but I seem to recall a thread about a sticker on the side of an aircraft and someone brought up the point that the FAA would have needed to approve of anything put on the aircraft. I would think that any electronic device that that could potentially cause a short or a fire in an aircraft traveling at 500+/- KPH at 30k +/- feet would also be of a concern to the FAA. I would think that getting something like that designed, tested and installed would be quite costly. I would also think that given the maint folks love for management that if they were asked to install such a device in an aircraft someone would have heard about it. All this to catch someone taking off a carton of milk? We have already seen it is easy enough to just look through a bag and that is far more cost efficient. Yes there could be a conspiracy out there and they could be 'out to get you' but come on, lets think this one through a little.

What was the basis for the arrest of the one FA with the open bottle of wine?

Company terminates employees for theft? Whodathunk it?

Wonder if their reported alcohol revenues from coach were consistently lighter than average?

I once fired a person for theft of food/beverages in a restaurant I managed - his response? Most of what he stole was going to be thrown out anyway. I replied that he was free to dumpster dive for the garbage along with all the other bums who hung around by the dumpster, but that stealing it from the kitchen before it was thrown away was reason enough to can him.

What part of "Thou Shalt Not Steal" is so tough to understand? It can get you fired and it can get you imprisoned.

APFA, already calls BS on this one per hotline from today 12-9-07

Ok people this is not a hard concept. You steal you get fired if caught. So you have a choice. Steal and hope you dont get caught or get caught and get fired.

and I think the camera is a load of crap also ....but I have an easy solution to that p[roblem. Those who do not steal do not have anything to worry about. Those who do steal I guess the company just made it harder for you to steal.

Where does anyone think it is their right to take anything from the plane that does not belong to them. I could care less if the flight attendant took a cookie or 10 minis stealing is stealing.

Would you be ok with it if a fellow co worker dipped into your purse ...wallet...caryyon and stole from you.

As far as the water is concerned, one could buy a bottle of water in the terminal that AA does not cater and just refill your bought water with water from the aircraft. Water is water.
Perhaps they will test the water to make sure that it is not AA water. Give me a break!

Latest posts

Back