Attention Pilots! Question For You!

:down:

A WN captain bids a line for the year and flies it - no BS. A US captain, well has "options" and when everyone excercises their options it all gets fubar very fast.

Tsk, Tsk, El Gato; you have some Serious "getting-the-facts-right" problems!!

WRONG! A WN capt does NOT bid a line for a year and fly it! They bid each month for the following month. They can trade, give-away, and pick-up; within parameters. Please do some fact-checking!

i will fly 85 no problem 6.25 hrs per day means completing month in 13.6 days call it 14 not 17 to 18. Its not the pilots doing that he or she sits for so many hours out of the day there is nothing in the current nor ANY previous contract that prevents the company from scheduling 6hrs flying per 8-9hrs duty.

pay like southwest then you must fly like southwest. and get this if one were scheduled to fly 6.25 hrs per day there would be

1. no soft time (thus feeling like the company is paying people to sit)
2. happier pilots since they do the same amount of work in less days
3. happier company they are eliminating soft time,and making crews more effecient, which defacto lowers costs.
4. the crews take home the same money, more asm's flown thus lower csms overall.

yes i am available to run the show.

:rolleyes:

El Gato is nothing more than a wind-up artist who knows very little about the subjects he posts. I, personally, refuse to be drawn in by him or others (like Ratboy, for instance) like him. I suggest that others ignore this ignorant (not a slam, just an observation) poster as well.

El Gato said:
The WN f/a's are not upset about cleaning the planes, because they get paid for it. Nobody "cleans for free" out there, unless you are a money hog and want to scream for "cleaning pay". Is that what you want? You want extra pay for rearranging seat belts and emptying seat back pouches?? If that is the case, maybe you do derserve to lose the job after all.
Hey _ _ _ _ wad,

Flight attendants are on duty at mainline for on average of 10 to 13 hours scheduled, and their pay is min 5 hours. WE CLEAN PLANES AND ARE NOT ON THE CLOCK. Employees are not working for U as a "charity" for stakeholders and stock holders guaranteed return on investment. WE are here to work and EARN money! BTW, we contractually can clean 32 non hub stations.

Yes, tell your sources to start paying for boarding pay (30 min before every single departure) cleaning pay for stations we clean.... says this 'MONEY HOG".

Thanks Airconditioned: That is why sometimes I jest and sometimes I get emotional on these board. Many fail to read what exactly is right before their very eyes. :ph34r:

Latest posts