The Ink's Hardly Dry

Fubijaakr said:
Let's see - 1800+ furloughed.

Two concession packages.

Now you're all going to fly to 95 hours to offset the wages YOU gave back.

Hope you NEVER have to fly with one of the furloughed guys IF they come back.
[post="195610"][/post]​

And this is like a threat...right???

A320 Driver

A320 Driver said:
And this is like a threat...right???
A320 Driver
[post="195732"][/post]​

Not a bit. However, I think its disingenuous of employed USAir pilots to agree to fly to 95 hours to make up the concessions they agreed to at the expense of USAir furloughees. It wouldn't surprise me that, given this behavior, that some of the furloughees would have an axe to grind upon their eventual return.

Further, I believe it was the USAir MEC that chivvyed ALPA National into endorsing a policy of encouraging other ALPA MECs to lobby other airline managers into granting ALPA furloughees preferential hiring.

While I have no beef about preferential hiring at other carriers, I find it hypocritical that the USAir MEC would push this agenda on other MECs while refusing to limit their own flying in an attempt to get USAir furloughees back in USAir cockpits.

Call me cynical, but there appears to be an ethical disconnect there.

BoeingBoy said:
Well, the ink's hardly dry on the new pilot's agreement and the GAG and their Giver in Chief are already busy shredding the provisions.

What did you expect them to wait a year and see what happens and then implement, the company is in a cash crisis......

real world said:
What did you expect them to wait a year and see what happens and then implement, the company is in a cash crisis......
[post="196077"][/post]​

I have no problem with implementing the agreement. What I have a problem with is the union leadership assisting the company in breaking the agreement.

Jim

real world said:
[post="196077"][/post]​

That is because we paid the Executive VP of Operations $1.2 Million.

Well, it's been over 24 hours since I said

BoeingBoy said:
Ah, the last refuge of those proven wrong - attempt to discredit the opposition in a desperate attempt to change the subject.
[post="195666"][/post]​

so apparently I was wrong. That was the next to last refuge of those proven wrong.

The last refuge is to slink away and hope nobody noticed.

Jim

Well past 72 hours now......

And what's this? A message from the VP of Flt Ops....

Date: Thursday, 28 October 2004 6:55pm ET
To: USAALLALL.PLT
Subject: October Flex

Because of the mid-month ratification of Letter of Agreement # 93, the company and ALPA have agreed that the 90 hour monthly flex pay cap for Lineholders, and the 285 hour rolling pay cap for Reserves will be voluntary for the month of October 2004. Please be aware that coverage is very critical this coming weekend and therefore we hope you will volunteer to fly. Without volunteers, we will not be able to operate all of our scheduled flights.

Captain Ed Bular
Vice President - Flight Operations

Seems like Pollock/Bular backed off their original little agreement. Could this be because it violated LOA 93?

USA320Pilot, when would now be a good time to admit you were wrong, again?

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
Pollock's decision is permitted .....

USA320Pilot
[post="195611"][/post]​

Uh yeah...

I think ALPA at USAirways has a long standing history of what they permit. Just look at what they accept without so much as a whimper.

Pollock don't gotta worry bout nottin.

Fubijaakr said:
Not a bit. However, I think its disingenuous of employed USAir pilots to agree to fly to 95 hours to make up the concessions they agreed to at the expense of USAir furloughees. It wouldn't surprise me that, given this behavior, that some of the furloughees would have an axe to grind upon their eventual return.

Further, I believe it was the USAir MEC that chivvyed ALPA National into endorsing a policy of encouraging other ALPA MECs to lobby other airline managers into granting ALPA furloughees preferential hiring.

While I have no beef about preferential hiring at other carriers, I find it hypocritical that the USAir MEC would push this agenda on other MECs while refusing to limit their own flying in an attempt to get USAir furloughees back in USAir cockpits.

Call me cynical, but there appears to be an ethical disconnect there.
[post="196028"][/post]​

From the get-go the company's demands were for a paycut in addition to an increased paycap. The possible benefits of an offset of the paycut by increasing the flying was something the company threw out there to try to soften the blow of the paycuts. In my circle of friends, none wanted to increase the paycap for anything other than an increase in aircraft utilization...and this on a strickly limited basis. But, as usual, we ended up with a huge can of worms cramed down our throat. There is no "grand conspiracy" to keep the company from recalling fuloughs for greed or any other reason that I am aware.
Maybe soon most of those wishing for the demise of U will get their wish. And as soon as that happens some talking heads on the boards will claim that the U MEC or the pilot group was somehow to blame.

Go Figure.

A320 Driver

A320 Driver said:
From the get-go the company's demands were for a paycut in addition to an increased paycap. The possible benefits of an offset of the paycut by increasing the flying was something the company threw out there to try to soften the blow of the paycuts. In my circle of friends, none wanted to increase the paycap for anything other than an increase in aircraft utilization...and this on a strickly limited basis. But, as usual, we ended up with a huge can of worms cramed down our throat. There is no "grand conspiracy" to keep the company from recalling fuloughs for greed or any other reason that I am aware.
Maybe soon most of those wishing for the demise of U will get their wish. And as soon as that happens some talking heads on the boards will claim that the U MEC or the pilot group was somehow to blame.

Go Figure.

A320 Driver
[post="197031"][/post]​

Yeah, but don't worry none. When I interview you at Wal-Mart, I will give you special consideration for your time at USAir.

Regards,

Phoenix