The Ink's Hardly Dry

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Well, the ink's hardly dry on the new pilot's agreement and the GAG and their Giver in Chief are already busy shredding the provisions.

The MEC Chairman via the code-a-phone:

This is Bill Pollock with a US Airways MEC update for Friday, October 22, with one new item.

Today, Flight Operations released a CBS message which indicated that the increased flying limits specified in LOA 93, the Transformation Plan, would be implemented effective today. Working with Flight Operations I had agreed to this change as it would provide for increased flying to offset the reduction in the W-2 pay rates which will be retroactively in effect as of October 15th, the date of Judge Mitchell’s granting of 1113(e) relief.

LOA 93 provides for increased flying as both a means to increase productivity, but also, as a way for pilots to recover some of the W-2 lost to the reduction of pay rates. Upon further review of the implication of implementing this relief in advance of November 1st, I have agreed with Captain Bular that all of the components of today’s CBS message will be offered to pilots on a voluntary basis. Pilots, both line holding and reserve, who wish to pick up flying, may do so up to the limits specified in LOA 93.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

From the BOS F/O Reps update to the BOS pilots:

A new item that just came up yesterday was the company's request, and our concurrence, to allow, on a voluntary basis, any pilot who would like to fly up to 90 hours in the month of Oct. to be able to do so (see message below). Starting Nov. 1, the company will have the ability, solely at its discretion, to raise the cap to 90 or 95 hours, and to flex 5 hours above that, on a position basis throughout the system.

So for the rest of this month, and only if you want to, you can fly up to 90 hours. This option is available to all pilots, lineholder and reserve, and allows the company to cover some end of the month flying while at the same time providing us the ability to somewhat protect our W-2's (the 18% paycut will start retroactive to Oct. 15).

Now all this sounds well and good - the company gets some extra pilot availability and those who choose to fly extra can make up some of the lost pay. Only problem is that this is in violation of the new agreement.

Jim

This is really sad...

Their reserves will not be able to go above their guarantee while the lineholding pillots, at their option, fly to 90-95.

Unfreggin-belivable.

For the f/as, crew scheduling director said the increase was due to an exhorbitant amount of sick calls...

Are the pilots having that same problem...or what? Why would they concede to violate their own agreement?

Is the company getting the pilots groomed to fly more, and furlough more.

Let's see - 1800+ furloughed.

Two concession packages.

Now you're all going to fly to 95 hours to offset the wages YOU gave back.

Hope you NEVER have to fly with one of the furloughed guys IF they come back.

According to ALPA Bid Closing Committee Chairman Bruce Biegle the company is short staffed by about 250 pilots under the old work rules. Pollock's decision is permitted per the new labor accord and is designed to help the company prevent flight cancellations and keep revenue as high as possible.

October 31 is the single highest sick call day of the year and increased manning will likely be necessary to operate a full schedule.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

How about recalling some furloughees and flying 80-85 hours so a couple more could get recalled?

Ever think of that?

And ALPA wants OTHER airlines to give USAir furloughees preferential hiring?

How about taking care of your OWN FIRST???

USA320Pilot said:
Pollock's decision is permitted per the new labor accord
[post="195611"][/post]​

Perhaps you didn't read the TA that you were so hot to vote on. Care for me to quote it for your edification?

Jim

ps - how could you be so wrong, again?

BoeingBoy:

BoeingBoy said: "Perhaps you didn't read the TA that you were so hot to vote on. Care for me to quote it for your edification?

USA320Pilot comments: It's my understanding ALPA does not have a TA, but instead ratified a new contract. BoeingBoy, it appears you missed this point.

To help you understand the contract, page 6 under work rules states, "The VP of Flight Operations may implement a monthly flex cap of up to 5 hours for Lineholders during the month by Position."

Did you miss that part like you missed the fact the union no longer has a TA. By the way, what's it like to be old and angry? Have you ever thought it might be better for you to resign instead of being so bitter and angry?

If you do not like it here, why don't you move on to be happier?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,

First, when you were so hot to vote on it, it WAS as TA as I said. You'll notice that in the opening post of the thread I said "the new pilot's agreement". How could you be so wrong, again.

As you noted, the flex cap applies to lineholders. Yet Pollock says "Pilots, both line holding and reserve, who wish to pick up flying, may do so up to the limits specified in LOA 93" and the BOS F/O Rep says "This option is available to all pilots, lineholder and reserve". How could you be so wrong, again and again?

Jim

Fubi,
This is the typical mentality of the USair pilot. Its all about them. Years ago there was an idea floated that everyone fly 5 hours less so we wouldnt have to furlough so many. The captain I was flying with actually stopped taxiing the aircraft to call his union rep and tell him in no uncertain terms was he to vote for such measure. Then he proceeded to push up the power so he could underfly and thus be able to pick up another trip.

bluetoad said:
Fubi,
This is the typical mentality of the USair pilot. Its all about them.
[post="195646"][/post]​

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree it is the mentality of far too many.

Jim

BoeingBoy:

I could have cut and pasted more of the agreement, which is not a TA, but that was not necessary to prove you were wrong.

I find it interesting since the ALPA agreement was ratified that you are now twisting information. It appears you have fallen into the trap of “if I cannot have the job I want I do not want anybody to have one eitherâ€￾.

You now fit in well with the other malcontents. By the way, it is very tough for a person to admit when they’re wrong. I encourage you to try and admit your mistakes to your self because in the end you will feel better and much less bitter.

Separately, if you're so miserable and down on the company, why don't you resign instead of pounding your keyboard? :huh:

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Ah, the last refuge of those proven wrong - attempt to discredit the opposition in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

You can cut and paste the entire agreement if you want, but you posted the pertinent part. You do know that it's bad debating technique to prove the oppositions point, don't you?

Jim

At the USA320 home...

Wilson Center - " Hello I'm calling from the Wilson Center, may I ask you some questions?"

USA320 - " Yes, but hurry up, Maintenance Control called and I have to ferry an airplane 3 obvious malcontents refused to fly. Crybabys need LGCIU 1 and 2 to work. Go ahead"

Wilson Center - "Do you feel you are being under-worked"

USA320 - "Absolutely. And up until last week, we were overpaid. But what I lose in pay rate I'd be more than happy to make up in flying more and more and more."

Wilson Center- "Do you feel you owe anything to the unfortunate furloughees who will bear the brunt of your selfishness?"

USA320 - "The who?"

Ohhhh Luvn ... THAT last post of yours was the best I've read all evening! In fact .. I still wondering how I can even manage to type because I still have tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard. Even my 4 legged "furface" is looking at me with his head cocked wondering what is going on . Thank you so much for making my day!

Jen ! :up: