Attn: Cwa Cs Agents

FLYUSAIRWAYS

Advanced
Feb 21, 2004
:shock: Please post your thoughts on the briefing mailed out this week. The though of making $13.09 an hr. is not going to cut the mustard. The thought of losing seniority because the average seniority at AW is only 2.5 years is also a negative. The pay and seniority merger issues will be a HOT subject in months to come. Post your thoughts.

My thoughts on the CWA letter were absolutely laughable with the Job Opening for csa at LAX for 7?-13? an hour. One does not live in LA with that kind of money. One doubles-up and barely survives in the projects or homeless shelters or underneath bridges. Thank you Mr. Lakefield, your designated employees in MEX; MNL and SAL thank you too!

$13.08 an hour!!!! Do you know what that means to a Mainline Express Agent with over 11years??? Yes, that's an 8 cent raise!!!! We can break lost from our low income budget....now, we can use 3 pieces of toilet paper a day or maybe we can change our underwear every other day instead of three, or maybe we can go all out and have spagettios(sp) for dinner with a nice bottle of Boones Farm Wine. I'm not sure who to thank, the CWA or Mr. Lakefield. This mean so much to me. I got to leave now. I'm going to cry, thinking about all the possibilities...........

I'm sorry, but I will WILL NOT forfeit another penny of my salary..we've already taken deep enough cuts as it is...plus vacations, shift differential, overtime. sick pay, no 401k match...all the while the outgoing senior executives over the past 8 years have literally robbed this company blind with their outrageous salary and compensation packages...It's an absolute crime! How about we start knocking on their doors and demand that they start making some sacrifices?! :angry:

Good luck getting snapbacks from a company that will literally burn through the "investment cash" that they are getting to merge. This bad boy will have high costs during the transition and I will bet you now that they will bring your pay lower during the integration, not higher. :blink:

Perhaps this document provides some insight into the retention of Uncle Al.

Mr. Parker is on record as saying furloughed employees should not displace current employees.

The beatings will continue.

jimntx said:
$13.08/hr is an embarrassment. DFW is one of the lowest cost major metropolitan areas in the nation, and I don't think you could live on that here.
[post="284812"][/post]​

Very few, if any, AWA CSRs reach $13.08. Lucky if they hit $10. Performance reviews are biased and rigged so there is little payout. Wanna know somethin'? Lean over and listen to me. HP CSRs screwed around in getting representation. Repeatedly, they voted for the status quo. Whatever happens... happens. They should have voted for representation and got a contract a long time ago. Do what is best for you in this case. If they start at Day 1 with your contract, they will still be better off than with what they have now. :rant:

barbeetantrums said:
Very few, if any, AWA CSRs reach $13.08. Lucky if they hit $10. Performance reviews are biased and rigged so there is little payout. Wanna know somethin'? Lean over and listen to me. HP CSRs screwed around in getting representation. Repeatedly, they voted for the status quo. Whatever happens... happens. They should have voted for representation and got a contract a long time ago. Do what is best for you in this case. If they start at Day 1 with your contract, they will still be better off than with what they have now. :rant:
[post="284829"][/post]​
You sure hit the nail right on the head.

I have to say, when I read $13.08 an hour, I thought, wow, that sounds good!
My best friend, who in Sept will reach 17years as a CSR, would be THRILLED to make that!
Remember, its all about CASM!

And barbee, my friend was an organizer the first try a few years ago.
She worked so hard and put up w/so much crap from mgmnt.
I felt sooo bad for her when the vote went against representation!
You are right, they waited too long!

expressedndepressed said:
$13.08 an hour!!!! Do you know what that means to a Mainline Express Agent with over 11years??? Yes, that's an 8 cent raise!!!!

[post="284703"][/post]​

The CWA members in the hubs and large stations thought the $13.01 (you gotta love the .01 part) was OK for their brothers and sisters in smaller stations. (I say smaller stations, not smaller cities because not all M/E stations are smaller cities with a lower cost of living than a big Metro area.) That being said, the awful M/E deal is slightly better than the alternative: being expressed out to ALG/PDA/PSA. My guess is that the company told the CWA that a bunch of stations will be expressed in any event; argree to this M/E deal and the agents are still US Mainline employees. And still CWA members, rather than their dues going to IBT (or whoever represents PDA agents.)

And while M/E pay and benefits are not that different from those at PDA/PSA, there is some value in still being a mainline employee; they still accrue mainline seniority. Moreover, if the wholly owned express carriers are spun off after the merger, who knows what will happens to their employees? The M/E station people are still HPUS employees. (Unless they are sold out again. :) )

Of course, a great many CWA members in hubs and big stations have no clue what M/E is. Many get M/E confused with MDA or don't know what it is at all. Confusion on the issue can exend to station management as well. I understand that
when the company announced that a station in the Notheast was going to be expressed, a memo was posted stating that information about "Jobs with XYZ Airlines [an affiliate, not wholly owned] will available soon".

Latest posts