Audit Complete Amfa To File

Sorry about duplicating threads...I read my e-mail and posted without checking other threads.

So much for the conspiracy theory of the TWU...

Moderator---Please combine the latter thread into the one created herein.

American Airlines Update – March 5, 2004

The AMFA staff has completed an audit of the authorization card electronic database against the actual authorization cards, and we were very pleased with the results. Only 31 cards were removed due to questionable signature dates or expired and unreadable authorizations. (Note: The negative comment- implies lack of necessary cards and shows a hint of disappointment) We can thank our American supporters for their attention to detail during the card drive. The Association fully expects to file for a representational dispute/election within the next two weeks. (Note; Wording is similar to the wording from the last letter dated: Feb. 4th 2004)

Once we file for a representational dispute with the National Mediation Board (NMB), the Board will notify the Company to supply a voter eligibility list and signature samples to the Board. In accordance with NMB rules, once they receive the list and signature samples from the Company the Board will not accept any further authorizations. (Note; Scare tactic? run, Run, RUN!!!!!)

In most cases the Association would be able to submit additional authorizations for a period of up to two weeks after the filing date. However, we expect that American Airlines is already poised to submit the voter eligibility list and signature samples once they are notified that we filed, which will cut off acceptance of further authorizations. (Note; An excuse- A way out- Lack of substance- scare tactic)

Anyone who has an authorization card that they want included in this filing, must send it in immediately. (note; A sure sign, lack of cards!)

Sincerely,
Terry Harvey
Assistant National Director

Here is paragraph from the last letter dated Feb. 4th 2004;

I can tell you that at this point in time the authorization drive is still several hundred cards short of reaching its goal. If we do not collect more authorization cards during the month of February, we will miss our filing window. This does not mean that we will not file; it just means that if we do not achieve the 60% signed level a filing in March will not be possible. (Terry Harvey) (Note; Is Amfa holding out to get 60%? With the additional cards thrown away Amfa is shorter and keeps getting farther and farther away!!)

It's obvious, the lack of enthusiasm is a sure sign of the frustration! With extending the date and asking for additional cards it's quit obvious they are lacking. The test is here! Who will overcome? Will it be the international or the organizers? I will hedge towards the TWU members they will be the ones who will ultimately benefit from the internal struggles that is evident within Amfa!

Time will tell! It is pretty bad when Amfa spams their own thread! This is without a doubt a sure sign of despiration!!!!! hopeful and superside!

Have a Great TWU DAY!!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:

The AMFA staff has completed an audit of the authorization card electronic database against the actual authorization cards, and we were very pleased with the results. Only 31 cards were removed due to questionable signature dates or expired and unreadable authorizations. (Note: The negative comment- implies lack of necessary cards and shows a hint of disappointment) We can thank our American supporters for their attention to detail during the card drive. The Association fully expects to file for a representational dispute/election within the next two weeks. (Note; Wording is similar to the wording from the last letter dated: Feb. 4th 2004)

Once we file for a representational dispute with the National Mediation Board (NMB), the Board will notify the Company to supply a voter eligibility list and signature samples to the Board. In accordance with NMB rules, once they receive the list and signature samples from the Company the Board will not accept any further authorizations. (Note; Scare tactic? run, Run, RUN!!!!!)

In most cases the Association would be able to submit additional authorizations for a period of up to two weeks after the filing date. However, we expect that American Airlines is already poised to submit the voter eligibility list and signature samples once they are notified that we filed, which will cut off acceptance of further authorizations. (Note; An excuse- A way out- Lack of substance- scare tactic)

Anyone who has an authorization card that they want included in this filing, must send it in immediately. (note; A sure sign, lack of cards!)

Sincerely,
Terry Harvey

I can tell you that at this point in time the authorization drive is still several hundred cards short of reaching its goal. If we do not collect more authorization cards during the month of February, we will miss our filing window. This does not mean that we will not file; it just means that if we do not achieve the 60% signed level a filing in March will not be possible. (Terry Harvey) (Note; Is Amfa holding out to get 60%? With the additional cards thrown away Amfa is shorter and keeps getting farther and farther away!!)

It's obvious, the lack of enthusiasm is a sure sign of the frustration! With extending the date and asking for additional cards it's quit obvious they are lacking. The test is here! Who will overcome? Will it be the international or the organizers? I will hedge towards the TWU members they will be the ones who will ultimately benefit from the internal struggles that is evident within Amfa!

Time will tell! It is pretty bad when Amfa spams their own thread! This is without a doubt a sure sign of despiration!!!!! hopeful and superside!

March 31, 2003

James C. Little

Administrative Vice President, Air Transport Division

Transport Workers Union of America, AFL-CIO

1791 Hurstview Dr.

Hurst, Texas 76054

Re: Summary of the 2003 Contract changes

This will confirm our understanding reached during the negotiations leading up to the agreement signed on (DOS), 2003. During these negotiations, we discussed many changes intended to achieve sustained long-term financial relief from the current provisions of the TWU labor agreements. This letter is intended to recap the majority of the agreed upon changes. Changes are listed by Title groups: I (Mechanics and Related), II (Facilities, Automotive, Cabin Cleaners, Utility and Building Cleaners), III (Fleet Service), IV (Fuelers), V (Stock Clerks), T/S (Technical Specials), Disp (Dispatch), Metro (Meteorologists), Sim Techs (Simulator Technicians) and Instrs (Ground School and Pilot Instructors).

Pay Related

Effective May 1, 2003:

§ Base wage pay reduction, varying percentages (all groups)

§ Elimination of all longevity pay(I & II)

§ Modified longevity pay, start after 17 years, current rates (III, IV, V,T/S)

§ Reduced Sim Tech Coordinator premium by $.75/hour

§ Reduced Sim Tech Skill pay to $.10/hour

§ Reduced Pilot Simulator Instructors premium to $10.00/month

§ Reduced Ground School/Pilot Simulator Instructors standardization coordinator pay to $150.00/month

§ Reduced Pilot/Simulator Instructors work unit experience premium

§ Modified shift differential to $.01, $.02, $.03 (I, II, III, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

§ Elimination of weekend differential (I, II, V, at AFW, TUL, MCI)

§ Elimination of midnight skill retention premium (Sim Techs)

§ Training pay at straight time for off shift and day off (I, II)

§ Elimination of penalty lunch payment (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Elimination of OT meal allowance (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Penalty hours pay for actual time worked @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S)

§ Reduce OT rate from 2x to 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Work 40 hrs to reach OT rate for day off overtime (III, V)

§ Elimination of debrief pay (T/S)

§ Elimination of Stock Clerk driver premium

§ Elimination of AMT premiums when displacing OSM employee

§ Elimination of Early Call-In guarantees (I, II, III, IV)

§ Elimination of short turn penalty due to shift bids (Art 21 d) (III, IV)

§ Elimination of CC premium when not working as CC (III,V)

Work Rules/ Other changes and effective dates:

Effective April 15, 2003:

§ Combine Systems/Structures into Generals (Title I)

§ Added 7 day labor loan provision (Bases only)

§ Increased AMT productivity through multiple work assignments/training

§ Holidays reduced from 10 to 5. The five (5) observed holidays will be: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (all groups)

o Holidays- 5 days with roll @ 1.5x (I, II, III, IV, V, T/S, Sim Techs)

o Holidays- 5 days (no roll) @ 1.5x (Disp, Metro, Instrs)

Effective May 1, 2003

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days @ 100% (all except I & II)

§ Reduce annual SK accrual to 5 days, 1st two at 50% (I & II)

Effective May 3, 2003

§ 4/10s at Overhaul docks/TUL, duration of agreement

Effective within sixty (60) days of ratification:

§ Outsource RON/Ultraclean (II/III)

§ One time System protection credit for headcount reductions realized from work rule changes (all groups except Metro)

Effective thirty (30) days from ratification:

§ Reduce uniform provisioning and eliminate laundering (I, II, III, IV, V)

§ Outsource stores function at HDQ (6 Stock Clerks)

§ Relocate 4 Stock Clerks at ORD/GEM to ORD/M & E hanger

Effective as soon as practicable after DOS:

§ Change work schedule to 5 on, 2 off (T/S)

§ Reduced VC accrual one week (all groups)

§ Modify Crew Chief ratios:

AMT- 1:11.5

FSC- 1:9

Fuelers- eliminated ratio

Stores- 1:12

Benefits:

§ Medical & Dental plan modifications (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ SLOA Benefit Coverage reduced from 24 to12 months (all groups)

Effective 5/01/03

§ Eliminate STD Plan (all groups) Effective 1/1/04

§ Discontinue subsidized medical benefits RIF’d employees (all groups)

Effective 4/15/03

§ Modify IOD to 10 days (all groups) Effective 5/01/03 with the following transition:

o If the injury was incurred prior to 4/15/03, remaining applicable salary continuation through the end of the month up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred on 4/15/03 or before 4/30/03, salary continuation for 10 days up to the current 80 days

o If the injury is incurred after 5/01/03, salary continuation for 10 days

Sincerely,

James B. Weel

Managing Director

Employee Relations

Agreed to this date:

James C Little

Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO

Attachments

• procompany01.jpg
    procompany01.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 45
Checking it Out said:
If I read this one sentence, it suggest amfa expect's to file,

The Association fully expects to file for a representational dispute/election within the next two weeks.

It would not surprise me the longer you wait the less likely you will file! And their is no surprises from me! Also I believe I hit the nail on the head in this statement!

Well here it is Thursday night and the clock is ticking down. The count is progressing and a number of cards have been rejected and some new ones have come in. It has started to heat up between Amfa organizers and Amfa national. Word has it that the correct numbers are in Question! Amfa national wants to wait for more cards and the organizers want to file with what they have.

Word has it, the line stations are angry with the Tulsa and MCI organizers. The word is the same rhetoric. Apparently Dave and Don are attempting to dictate. The line stations are feeling left out of the loop. They want answers.

As the clock ticks down, they both will have to decide if they can file and when. The date so far is Monday the 8th. Will this happen? Will Amfa have the energy to go out and collected the needed cards? This is the last opportunity the organizers will have for years to come!

The plot thickens!

Note lack of a definite date and numbers? Also suggest division between National-Tulsa and Line wannabes!
Peanut Butter Jelly, Peanut Butter Jelly, Peanut Butter Jelly, and a Letter from Terry Harvey.

Informer, this was PRICELESS!

cio, why should AMFA National tell you the date and time we file?
I tell you what, I know when we will file and I will tell you exactly when right after jim little decides to answer my e-mails/questions! But like I said to him earlier, by the time he answers any future e-mails from me the twu will no longer represent our profession.

By the way coward, how does crow taste? You said we would not file. :lol:

Johnny Lunchbox said:
If you have the necesary cards to file, what ya waiting on? More ice cream and cake from MCIE?
jl, relax. Enjoy your limited days as a twu stool. We will file when we are ready. Enjoy your beanut butter and jelly. After all after you come back to the floor after the twu is removed from representing our profession that will be all you can afford with the concessions your twu voted in. :D GO AMFA!

johnny lunchbox, repeat after me! TWU HOTDOGS, TWU HOTDOGS, TWU HOTDOGS, AND A COFFIN!, oh and thanks for the cards thet were signed simply because of your desicration of THE AMERICAN FLAG! AHHHHHHHHH THE SWEET SMELL OF VICTORY.........GO A.M.F.A.

Checking it Out said:

Sincerely,
Terry Harvey

The meetings in MCI were a complete flop!!!!!! I understand the amfa wannabes have their tails tucked between their legs going home!!!!!!!!

They looked pretty disapointed at the lack of!!!!!!!

I don't know what happened at MCI and it doesn't really matter, not everyone has to support AMFA for AMFA to replace the TWU only the MAJORITY and so far the MAJORITY has signed cards calling for a vote and AMFA will file for an election next week you can bet on that CIO and when we vote if the MAJORITY want to replace the TWU with AMFA then that is what will happen, it is just to bad for you CIO that the MAJORITY doesn't allways vote the way you want them too, I know they did not vote my way on the concession, but I am sure hoping that they will vote my way on AMFA. :D

bottom line AMFA will file for an election next week and in a month or two we will be voting on who will represent us, if the TWU loses you will be back on your toolbox Rick (CIO) and you will be broke like the rest of us, I am thinking you won't like your concession so much then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next weeks headlines AMFA files for an election at AA. :lol:

Checking it Out said:
Checking it Out said:

Sincerely,
Terry Harvey

The meetings in MCI were a complete flop!!!!!! I understand the amfa wannabes have their tails tucked between their legs going home!!!!!!!!

Cio;

What percentage of MCI pays COPE?

COPE is a fairly decent barometer of voluntary financial support by the membership. Its probably even more than the regular turnout for membership meetings.

Lets see what you have to say next week.

CIO and the rest of you TWU lovers, you're right. I'm the new mole at AMFA 12 and I'm telling you there will be no filing at AA. Cards have been expiring by the thousands daily and soon the card count will be zero.
Everything is just fine.
All you (Jim) Little sheep can go back to sleep. Baaaaaaaaa

CIOI,Time will tell! It is pretty bad when Amfa spams their own thread! This is without a doubt a sure sign of despiration!!!!! hopeful and superside!

CIO, How many times did you hit the board with this?
I would like you to stop, spend several days looking over the many Amfa posts and see what I am talking about, ask yourself if this is what I really want in the future?

And you accuse Hopeful and I of "Spaming". You are nothing but a HYPROCRITE!!! :p :lol:

YOU HAVE A GREAT AMFA WEEKEND, CIO. :up:

Bob Owens said:
Checking it Out said:
Checking it Out said:

Sincerely,
Terry Harvey

Cio;

COPE is a fairly decent barometer of voluntary financial support by the membership. Its probably even more than the regular turnout for membership meetings.

Lets see what you have to say next week.

It is not. Just another ploy on your part Bob. Please put up graph of these stats will you Bob. You know how good you are at putting up graphs. Come on Bob, make one up will you?? Just like the others. . .please!

I dont think COPE has anything to do with the audit or the filing at the NMB Office.

twuer said:
Please put up graph of these stats will you Bob. You know how good you are at putting up graphs. Come on Bob, make one up will you?? Just like the others. . .please!
twuer, I cannot give you a graph but, I can tell you how much the COPE director made 1 1/2 years ago with a pay period ending 8/31/02. This screen capture is from the Twu afl-cio LM2 form page 20.

Twu afl-cio LM2

Latest posts