August 2014 schedule changes

737823 said:
Where did I say "some of our JFK flying".  I challenge you, indicate where I posted that.

You are obsessed with me (as 700UW would say).  The US facilities in CLT, PHL, and PHX are dilapidated and ought to be renovated up to AA standards. 

I'm not the one that said FLL is dumpy, sure its no state of the art facility but it is adequate for me.  I live in MIA, I know the airport. US operated from the J Concourse in the South Terminal, originally built exclusively for Star Alliance carriers.  The North Terminal Concourse D is an equally modern facility, although I will say as a local passenger there was less walking required from J gates than most D gates. Dumpy MIA terminal?  North Terminal is a modern state of the art facility opened in phases 2008-2010. I guess like many you are just a MIA hAAter. 

Of course LGA is a dump...it's LGA.  That said AA made improvements to Concourse D and the Admirals Club in the 2010-11 time frame.

Josh
Not as obsessed as you are at bashing US in almost every post

You are correct you did not say taking over our flying my mistake

Reactions: 1 person
USFlyer said:
PHL has seen better days.  It definitely could use a refresh.
As many have said prior to this, the biggest obstacle facing the PHL terminal is a lack of real estate. If there was enough open land, their best option would be to build an entirely new terminal alongside the existing one. As we know in the past some locations such as DFW & DEN relocated to a new facility miles away from the original one. It's pretty tough to expand or refurbrish an active facility while it's in use. Terminal A-West is very nice, and I believe that Terminal F has gone thru a facelift with some ongoing  construction.

Reactions: 1 person
PHL had a total rebuild of the US Airways facilities in the mid 1990's, and that portion of the terminal is still really nice and user friendly.  Does anyone remember the area between Concourses B and C prior to the rebuild in the 1990s?  It's like night and day...but I do miss the barber shop.  And I totally miss Marie's Sub Shop (especially Marie) in the employee cafeteria.  (Does that cafeteria still exist?)