AWA managers managing US stations on the East side

jbragg476

Advanced
Feb 27, 2004
What's up with America West Managers working US Airways stations but still being paid on the America West side of the payscale?? Is this legal? Our own station managers on the East side of things are making less.

Just thought I would bring that to light..

What's up with America West Managers working US Airways stations but still being paid on the America West side of the payscale?? Is this legal? Our own station managers on the East side of things are making less.

Why wouldnt it be legal? They agreed to work for the pay. They are not the only ones but rez is now union and it will take up to 2 years to reach pay parity. How is this fair? Its not but it was negotiated. Pay can be negotiated but remember upper managment wants their bonuses and the more you get the less they get. Legal, but as usual not ethical.

It's called a "merger".

Yes, I understand it is a merger.. but my point is why aren't the Managers on the US Air side payed less than the people they are bringing over to work US air stations...

Yes, I understand it is a merger.. but my point is why aren't the Managers on the US Air side payed less than the people they are bringing over to work US air stations...

Probably because the two sets of management didnt spend 3 years incorporating policies prior to the merger. It takes time to change policies. Be patient

Latest posts

Back