AWA MEC Chairman's Special Update

The Company prefers to negotiate a joint contract or a separate contract, whiCh is better for the East pilots because it is comprehensive and can create permanent fences with separate operations.

Furthermore, John Prater has been in discussion with Doug Parker about this option, which is a key recommendation of the Rice Committee!

The majority of the East pilots are for this too and are willing to wait a little longer to get a pay raise if it means fixing the problems of the Nicolau Award! :up: :up: :up: :up:

Meanwhile, a new East Permanent System Bid will be released soon by Resource Planning, which will have many upgrades and advancements from Group II to Group 1 aircraft, Group 1 to A330 aircraft, Reserves to becoming Blockholders, and First Officers becoming Captains again. All of these pilots will obtain pay raises and/or schedule improvements due to the significant East pilot group attrition!

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You are so full of BS!

Fact: Prater is not talking to Parker. If Prater was talking to anyone over there, it would be Kirby. This is a flat out lie.

Fact: The company is unwilling to run separate operations and is NOT will to negotiate a parallel agreement. Much like pay parity, this is dead.

Fact: Rice's "work with us or we move on without you" was directed at the east - period

Your reps are f-ing with your minds.

Recall them!

And if you doubt any of my facts, please ask Kirby at the next town hall.

Your frequent mom references are redundant and uncalled for.
Immature and hostile references to ones mom is unprofessional and hostile.
And you posting to this board without being a pilot is annoying.

Leave. No one cares what you have to say because you never say anything.

Friggin' idiot.

Rico, for the most part I have left you alone as my fun meter is pegged with Nos, EastUS, USA320, Hawkhunter and my personal favorite the very sexy donttouchthebeauty, but I feel it necessary to break down your comments.

The one thing that the AWA Chair mentioned as important, yet downplayed to the many East Pilot readers,

Is that in the long run it will be more lucrative for the East Pilots to remain separate.

It might however PILOTS is the operative word here and mean very little in managements plan.

Because, that's where all the real growth will be.

Well I think you are going to see round two real soon as the removal of east bases for first the code share then merger with another carrier.

The West Chair mentioned looking at the lost revenue of the East remaining separate, because he knows that that is where the widebody flying,and international growth will be. He admits such when he says that such a thing would provoke the AWA pilots to sue, because he knows that is where the future value lies in this "Company". He just tries o cover it up with paragraph after paragraph of pleas + claims of the many advantages to the East pilots to push for a combinded company. He is the one that seems scared of what the future would be for his pilots if the two airlines remain apart.
IMO the West will end up being nothing more than a glorified US Airways Express carrier feeding the growing East "Mainline".

Here is where you are a little off base. The west will not be a feed system to the east. In fact like I mentioned before you will soon see a down sizing of east ops in favor of a code share then merger. We are not the least bit scared of the future as it's clear the direction this management team is moving and seeing as how we have FAR more experience with them than you.

This has already happened here at good 'ol US Airways Group. After the PSA Express pilots cut a deal and left the Allegheny and Piedmont pilots behind... They doubled in size, and went from 32 seaters to 70 seat jets. ALG was later closed down, and PDT has continued to shrink over the years as PSA enjoyed all the growth, and PDT enjoyed a "better contract".

This doesn't apply here

No, the best thing for the East Pilots is to stay apart, and enjoy the fruits of being the cheaper + more profitable half of the company.

Well Rico here again you are lost in your belief. The east is not cheaper. You see Rico every pilot on the east is at top scale both CAPTAIN and F/O and you can't lower costs when everyone is at top scale!! Second seperate operations is not part of the overall plan and that much has to be very obvious to you!!

From a 330 Captain thinking about moving into a 340, all the way down to junior F/O's not wanting to be stuck on reserve and having a much faster upgrade into larger aircraft or the E-190 left seat...

THAT'S why the East pilots IMO will not push to combine, Because in the long run, growth is better. If your company (HP)had been 500+ aircraft strong once, and over the years you went through what the AAA pilots have, then you would understand.

Here is the deal Rico, the pilots have NO SAY in if the operations combine or not first of all. Second they will be combined like it or not! Read what's happend thus far, single code, single training, one uniform, one ID with same name. We are headed for full single ops period because there is no company advantage to remain single, if there were, trust me they would!!!

Now as for the remainder of that paragraph, no feelings there as I don't need to be shot to understand that it hurts. Yeah AAA as a whole got the sh kicked out of them and for that I'm really sorry however I, we in the west did not do that too them their former management did...

"Let em have their Award" "We'll keep the flying to ourselves instead"

Good luck with that last Rico, get ready to say UNITED 222 flight level 370 but cactus first!!!!

AWA320,

Too bad your thoughts do not jive with the ALPA EC, the Rice Committee, US Airways MEC, and the Company according to "open session" information at this week's meetings.

Do you happen to feel like the "Lone Ranger?"

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. By not combining contracts Doug Parker said the lost revenue would be less than $10 million per year. I wonder how much money could be saved per year if the East pilots stopped their 3-engine taxi program once a new contract is obtained?

Leave. No one cares what you have to say because you never say anything.

Friggin' idiot.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I had Cpt Zface on line 2 and awa320 on line 3.

“When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.â€￾

Addison Whithecomb quotes

AWA320,

Too bad your thoughts do not jive with the ALPA EC, the Rice Committee, US Airways MEC, and the Company according to "open session" information at this week's meetings.

When did either the EC, AAA or AWA meet with company this week "in open session"?

BTW, remember that Transition Agreement you guys signed:

Negotiation of a Collective Bargaining Agreement

The Association and the Airline Parties will negotiate a single collective bargaining agreement applicable to the merged operations of America West and US Airways (the
“Single Agreementâ€￾)

P.S. By not combining contracts Doug Parker said the lost revenue would be less than $10 million per year. I wonder how much money could be saved per year if the East pilots stopped their 3-engine taxi program once a new contract is obtained?

Doogie doesn't give a cr@p. Analysts estimate a $475 million profit for 2007 AND 2008. He'll get his money. And if he would care: it's not about lost revenue, it's about lower costs.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you I had Cpt Zface on line 2 and awa320 on line 3.

“When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.â€￾

Nos I got to meet you, you keep me laughing. BTW what did I say on line 3 anyway??

You give yourself a bit too much credit wannabe.

You have to have a message to be a messenger.

And I've lost nothing because you continue to be an idiot.

AWA320,

The Transition Agreement permits separate operations and separate contracts. And, according to the AWA MEC it permits Section 6 negotiations for the West pilots, which the US Airways MEC supports.

Therefore, I encourage the AWA MEC and the West pilots to begin Section 6 negotiations so you can obtain at least the 3% pay raise the company offered.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

AWA320,

Do you happen to feel like the "Lone Ranger?"

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320, lets face some facts here, the EC has already told us all that they will not interfere and rightly so. The Rice committee really has no say in what we do and we have an arbitrated case to stand on. Now I am not throwing this in your face as a tease or insult but it is fact. Parker will not give the west section 6 nor will he give you parity. I don't trust a thing your reps say and neither should you, and I work closely with them!! I don't know anything about the lone ranger as that was slightly before my time! I go remember the green hornet and batman though.

Well look at facts here, if there was any real savings or real value in seperate ops it would have been done that way. Single operation is where we are headed no matter what the east MEC would like you to believe.

We have one option and that's to get the money out of this company. Get you to the pay vacation and benefits you deserve and get me my long overdue raise.

You give yourself a bit too much credit wannabe.

You have to have a message to be a messenger.

And I've lost nothing because you continue to be an idiot.

Do you care nothing about my self-esteem. You call me a wannabe, but your union wants me to be a has been. I will not allow myself to be either.

AWA320,

The US Airways MEC and the vast majority of the East pilots support separate contracts and separate opertions. And, per today's MEC resolution that is the only thing the US Airways NC is permitted to negotiate.

Again, the US Airways NC is only permitted to negotiate for a separate contract and separate operation, not only now, but for any further merger, per today's resolution, which stated,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the US Airways MEC endorses the concept of equivalent contracts (separate contracts of comparable value for US Airways and America West pilots), with separate operations, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that such separate operations are to be permanent in nature and include preemptive contract language to assure their continued application during any future merger involving both the US Airways and America West pilots, and

BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the US Airways MEC authorizes the US Airways members of the NC to pursue an equivalent contract utilizing all necessary ALPA resources, including the assistance of the Rice Committee.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. Yet another day free of 700UW's posts! :up: :up: :up: :up:

The US Airways MEC and the vast majority of the East pilots support separate contracts and separate opertions. And, per today's MEC resolution that is the only thing the US Airways NC is permitted to negotiate.

Again, the US Airways NC is only permitted to negotiate for a separate contract and separate operation, not only now, but for any further merger, per today's resolution, which stated,

I see..you passed a resolution which is in direct conflict with the one passed by the EC. (You know, the one that stated that ALL parties would explore ALL possible solutions). Good work, Crisp. (That's British for Ch#P) We'll see who gets left behind.

Kinda sounds like the LOS resolution passed by the Three Stooges in PHL...how did that work out?

Once again, which company rep was present at the meeting today and agreed to go forward with this course of action? You said the company was there and that it was an "open meeting"

Latest posts